Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Philly or NYC
Philly 20 25.64%
NYC 58 74.36%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 10:54 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,570,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorth>TheSouth View Post
Philly is not in front of Boston or vice versa. I could care less. My point is that Philly and Boston might argue over who is better, but the two cities will unite as one to be against the hillbillies in the south
LOL, you got that right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 10:55 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,530,240 times
Pretty vague...
Now if you are comparing, which city has one specific thing, like better cost of living... or best american historical sites... then it could be a different story. As far as vague and generalized categories go though NYC is going to trounce pretty much everywhere.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:59 PM

157 posts, read 398,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorth>TheSouth View Post
Philly is not in front of Boston or vice versa. I could care less. My point is that Philly and Boston might argue over who is better, but the two cities will unite as one to be against the hillbillies in the south
Speaking of multiple accounts

These kinds of comments are so silly and pointless. It is interesting to see that some people are stuck in 1860 and can't force themselves to realize that a very large number of people living in Southeastern states - in fact, tens of millions of people - are not inbred hillbillies, but people who were born in Northern hellholes a la Detroit and relocated as soon as we could.

But, this poll is silly. NYC hands down.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:02 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,877,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
We just think that Philly is also a great city and much more desirable than those faux cities ( like ATL) that are nothing more than a sprawling mess.
Why are so many Northerners attracted to such a "faux city" when they supposedly come from "real" cities?

Old 07-12-2009, 11:04 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,850,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Why are so many Northerners attracted to such a "faux city" when they supposedly come from "real" cities?
When you live in a "real" city, you then understand the difference. That doesn't mean that will be your preference, but there is a difference. Both NYC and Philly are "real" cities.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:07 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,704,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
When you live in a "real" city, you then understand the difference. That doesn't mean that will be your preference, but there is a difference. Both NYC and Philly are "real" cities.
I agree.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:07 PM
XBC

21 posts, read 51,673 times
I chose NYC

But my god, when will you people grow up? Honestly you sound like a bunch of 12 year olds arguing over what's better the ps3 or 360. Every part of this country is great, and no region is any better than the other. So why is it so hard for people in the south to show some love to the north and why can't people from the north accept that the south developed its city later and differently than yours but doesn't make them bad.

Every other day there's a thread that turns into the same thing NYC is the greatest (which is subjective) the south can't compete with the northeast.

Nothing wrong with being proud of the state or region your from but it becomes a problem when you can't respect other what others like and what they want in an area.

Please to everyone who continues to engage in the same monotonous arguments and the same lines and the same stupid stereotypes day in and day out can you kindly do this one little thing for me?

PLEASE SHUT UP!

Old 07-12-2009, 11:08 PM

2,856 posts, read 4,624,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post

You know action speak louder than words. They can speak of how great their city is. The actions shows many moving down south (Houston, Atlanta, and Charlotte) and their population is stagnant. It has to hurt them to see what Houston, Atlanta, and Charlotte has in store for the future.

Being envious will not get you anywhere.....Trust me

Old 07-12-2009, 11:09 PM

2,856 posts, read 4,624,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Pretty vague...
Now if you are comparing, which city has one specific thing, like better cost of living... or best american historical sites... then it could be a different story. As far as vague and generalized categories go though NYC is going to trounce pretty much everywhere.

That's the point actually......

Old 07-12-2009, 11:13 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,850,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlock2513 View Post
You know action speak louder than words. They can speak of how great their city is. The actions shows many moving down south (Houston, Atlanta, and Charlotte) and their population is stagnant. It has to hurt them to see what Houston, Atlanta, and Charlotte has in store for the future.

Being envious will not get you anywhere.....Trust me
You are new and uninformed.... Obviously you're envious , and you're not alone. More people are moving to NYC than those cities.
NY1 | 24 Hour Local News | Top Stories | New York Leads U.S. Cities In Population Growth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City