Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2009, 09:26 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
Your wrong again.

1. Average home price doesn't make it more expensive. Per sq ft.

Top 10 Most Expensive Cities To Own a Luxury Home in 2009 : The Real Estate Bloggers

Heres one for Manhattan and it shows you in comparison what you get for $1.5 million, a studio apartment.
The-Most-Expensive-Real-Estate-Markets-in-the-World: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance
Yes, that's it. The whole of New York lives in $1.5 Million studios.

My bad. What was I thinking. Forget Median Home Prices-that doesnt matter.

Quote:
2. 10 highest-income counties by median household(2007)(everything bolded apart of NYC and metro area)
Okay, so what about the 6 Million+ people who live in the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn and SI?

I thought so.

Quote:
20 highest-income counties by average per capita income (2009)
Once again, you ignore the entire metro and only prop up some.

The fact of the matter is this.

Neither by Per Capita Income, nor by Median Household Income nor by Average Household Income, nor by Per Capita GDP, nor by Median Home Price does the NY Metro Area surpass the Bay Area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 09:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,772,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
You do know that a real hipster would prefer Harlem to most of Manhattan.
I'm an upscale hipster, obviously.

Quote:
Indoors are for fat people-did I strike a nerve?
No, I train at the world renouned Chelsea Piers. I don't think they have anything on the level in San Francisco (or what, The Bay Area) In Manhattan, if we want outdoors we go to Spain or the Hamptons.

Quote:
And the Bay Area's median home price is higher than the NY Area. How that must hurt.
The neighborhoods within Manhattan boast higher median home price is higher than anywhere in the Bay Area. Manhattan is more expensive than San Francisco. Manhattan is more expensive than the Bay Area. Manhattan is wealthier than the Bay Area. There are far more high net worth individuals in Manhattan and the New York Metropolitan area than there are in San Francisco or the Bay Area. There are more billionaires in Manhattan/New York City than anywhere in the world. There are more billionaires in my neighborhood than the entire San Francisco. In Manhattan, the toddlers are the richest toddlers in the United States. Chances are my child will be much richer than yours! Let's not forget that it cost about the same to live in a $500,000 home in New York than it cost to live in a $600,000 home in the Bay Area.

Quote:
Oakland-another place a real hipster would prefer over Manhattan. WOW--guess this conversation must be causing you to really think about your life huh?
I don't want to get shot and die. If I wanted that, I would live in Bronx.

Quote:
Okay, you don't want to talk about the other 21 Million People who live in New York? Why am I not surprised.
I have better things to do with my life you know, like enjoying the epicenter of the United States (or is that world?) than ponder the median income of John and Jane Doe living 30 miles away in Jersey, so sorry if I don't spend my time keeping up with the finances from John and Jane Doe in Jersey. But you live in San Francisco so I can see while you would be so easily bored! But what I do know is that there are far far more millionaire households in the New York Metro than the Bay Area! Even as a recent transplant I do know that there are also more millionaires per capita in the New York Metro! Poor Bay Area (literally, lol). Even the median prices of the West Chelsea neighborhood next to public housing is 2X the median of Pacific Heights. LOL.

Now let's start over again. I live on an island also known as New York County. You might also know it as Manhattan. I live in the wealthiest and most expensive piece of island in the United States, Manhattan. I live in billionaire capital of the world! Over here in Manhattan, we like to think of the Bay Area and San Francisco is...pedestrian (that is, if we even think of it at all with all we have going on shuch a coveted island booming with nightlife, art, shopping, dine food, music). Are you jealous yet?

Quote:
Wanna guess who has a higher average income between the NY and SF Areas? hint. Its not New York.
Wanna take a guess which county has a per capita income of $120,790 and which has a per capita income of $71,342? That would be Manhattan and San Francisco respectively. Manhattan places just below Tenton County, Wyoming for richest in the United States! WOW! Manhattan has 1,700,000 people and Tenton has 18,000! Even with all the poors on the northern end, Manhattan still trumps San Francisco!

See his? Wealthiest zip codes. Read and weep:

Top 10 by income:

New York, NY 10004: $1,192,091

New York, NY:10011 $922,834

New York, NY: 10167 $863,843

New York, NY:10286 $721,000

Los Angeles, CA: $595,527

Miami Beach, FL 33109: $533,062

Jersey City, NJ 07399:$528,021

New York, NY 10165: $523,615

New York, NY 10105: $505,130

New York, NY 10112: $504,891

Los Angeles, CA 90067: $500,106

New York, NY 10110: $498,111

http://wealth.mongabay.com/tables/10...zip_codes.html

Last edited by Americanboy; 08-26-2009 at 09:58 PM..

Old 08-26-2009, 09:33 PM

197 posts, read 181,615 times
Quote:

Okay, so what about the 6 Million+ people who live in the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn and SI?

I thought so.

Neither by Per Capita Income, nor by Median Household Income nor by Average Household Income, nor by Per Capita GDP, nor by Median Home Price does the NY Metro Area surpass the Bay Area.
How about sqf price in both locations?

Old 08-26-2009, 09:35 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,239,989 times
Lol, are you guys looking for overpriced real estate or talking about two great parks?

Old 08-26-2009, 09:37 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin3465 View Post
The two best urban parks in the country, IMO.
I second that thought.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:54 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,020,826 times
Quote:

I thought so.

Were you paying attention to anything I posted? I didn't ignore anything I just posted a list. Look at it this way NYC i=has higher poverty due to its huge population of 8 million people and SF with only 800,000 people. Hmmm do the math its kinda of obvious. Lets take 800,000 of the weathiest people in NYC and I can assure you that most of them will be millionaires. The cost per sq ft of the entire city is much more higher.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:55 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,020,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngchampion View Post
trustfundhipster is a prissy little thing who models her life after the broads in "real housewives of new york city"
sad though considering she isn't a native new yorker and as my friend from queens puts it
"new yorkers are too busy to worry about arguing about what aspect of which city is better"
Thats not true we multitask.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:58 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustfundhipster View Post
I'm an upscale hipster, obviously.
Like Paris Hilton? Oh. okay. Thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
No, I train at the world renouned Chelsea Piers. I don't think they have anything on the level in San Francisco (or what, The Bay Area)
Actually we're more physically fit to begin with--because of our surroundings we take advantage of outdoor recreation you can only simulate in some machine--sorry bout that.

Quote:
The neighborhoods within Manhattan boast higher median home price is higher than anywhere in the Bay Area. Manhattan is more expensive than San Francisco. Manhattan is more expensive than the Bay Area. Manhattan is wealthier than the Bay Area. There are far more high net worth individuals in Manhattan and the New York Metropolitan area than there are in San Francisco or the Bay Area. Let's not forget that it cost more to live in a $500,000 home in New York than it cost to live in a $600,000 home in the Bay Area.
Yet for all the millionaires and high net worth individuals you brag about, The Bay Area has a higher Per Capita Income and a higher Median Household Income than New York.

Quote:
I don't want to get shot and die.
Make sure you let the 8th graders know what the next trend is first tho.

Quote:
I have better things to do with my life you know, like enjoying the epicenter of the United States (or is that world?) than ponder the median income of John and Jane Doe living 30 miles away in Jersey, so sorry if I don't spend my time keeping up with the finances from John and Jane Doe in Jersey.
Actually many Jersey Counties have higher Median Household Incomes than Manhattan.

Quote:
But you live in San Francisco so I can see while you would be easily bored!
Not bored enough to tag along with you on your next shopping spree at Forever 21. LOL

Quote:
But what I do know is that there are far far more millionaire households in the New York Metro than the Bay Area! There are also more millionaires per capita in the New York Metro! Poor Bay Area (literally, lol).
Actually a greater percentage of our households are Millionaire Households than New York.

Quote:
Now let's start over again. I live on an island also known as New York County. You might also know it as Manhattan. I live in the wealthiest and most expensive piece of island in the United States, Manhattan.
Manhattan is but one borough of a grander city called New York--and its other boroughs are home to 6 Million of that city's 8 Million residents.

Quote:
I live in billionaire capital of the world! Over here in Manhattan, we like to think of the Bay Area and San Francisco is...pedestrian if we even think of it at all.
Well, obviously your too busy trying to impress middle-schoolers and starbucks baristas to even know what real people of social standing and class talk about.

Quote:
Wanna take a guess which county has a per capita income of $120,790 and which has a per capita income of $71,342? That would be Manhattan and San Francisco respectively. Manhattan places just below Tenton County, Wyoming for richest in the United States! WOW! Manhattan has 1,700,000 people and Tenton has 18,000! Even with all the poors on the northern end, Manhattan still trumps San Francisco!
Meanwhile is the Bronx even over $30,000 yet?

Old 08-26-2009, 09:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,772,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngchampion View Post
trustfundhipster is a prissy little thing who models her life after the broads in "real housewives of new york city"
sad though considering she isn't a native new yorker and as my friend from queens puts it
"new yorkers are too busy to worry about arguing about what aspect of which city is better"
Go do my laundry or something.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:13 PM

199 posts, read 220,087 times
im sure ur boyfriend has already hired someone to take care of your polka dot leggings, sweet heart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City