Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2009, 08:54 PM

221 posts, read 798,513 times

Advertisements

San Francisco a sleepy town? Sure, its not NYC, but its easily one of the most vibrant cities in the country. Anything but sleepy...I actually find the neighborhoods to be more exciting and crowded than neighborhoods in Chicago or Boston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustfundhipster View Post
Already wrong, and we're just beginning. Something tells me you haven't spent much time in Central Park.

We do that indoors with trainers.

LOL, with all due respect, nobody cares what you covet silly. Money talks and it's no secret that no property on the Bay Area's coast has sold for even half of the highest sales around Central Park command let alone Golden Gate Park.

Yes, while still being in the epicenter of the United States (many would even say the world) as opposed to sleepy...(that's as kind as I can put it) town like San Francisco. I think it's a win-win situation, no?

Central Park is nowhere near the largest park in New York City. Go do your research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 08:58 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,241,504 times
Someone who names themselves "trustfundhipster" probably shouldn't be listened to anyways.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:00 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,564,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin3465 View Post
San Francisco a sleepy town? Sure, its not NYC, but its easily one of the most vibrant cities in the country. Anything but sleepy...I actually find the neighborhoods to be more exciting and crowded than neighborhoods in Chicago or Boston.
I swear the hipster is one bay area original concept I wish died with the dotcom bust.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,774,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
My apartment overlooked it.
Where, in Harlem?

Quote:
I wouldnt train outdoors either if I had that weather. Having the option is priceless.
Outdoors are for poor people.

Quote:
Actually, nobody with class cares what a wannabe 'hipster' says--sorry boo.
Everybody cares about what I say.

Quote:
And yet the Bay Area's average home price is still more expensive than New York's. WOW!
The last time I checked, the average price of an apartment in Manhattan trumped the average price of a single family home in the entire Bay Area. Oh, and I live in zip code 10013 which is in Manhattan and this conversation is also about the surroundings of Central Park which happens to be in Manhattan.... so i'm perplexed as to why "the Bay Area" was pulled from your bag of tricks. Intimidated much?

Quote:
Ironic since on average, San Francisco is wealthier than New York, and the Bay Area is wealthier than the Greater New York Area.
Let me spell it out for you sweetheart; Millionaires in the New York City Metropolitan Area: 621,330; Millionaires in the Bay Area: 190,200; Billionaires in Manhattan: 62, Billionaires in San Francisco; 15; Billionaires in the New York City metropolitan area: 86 billionaires in the San Francisco metro: 42; Now digest this: billioniare.and.milioniare.capital.of.the.world. Ironic, isn't it?

Ahhh, New York, New York. Carry on!

Last edited by Americanboy; 08-26-2009 at 09:17 PM..

Old 08-26-2009, 09:07 PM

197 posts, read 182,041 times
Quote:
I swear the hipster is one bay area original concept I wish died with the dotcom bust.
So we can "thank" you guys for this invention? Jeez.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:10 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,342,651 times
Quote:
Ouutdoors are for poor people.
Whoa, slow it down, bring it back, I hope you know you sound very ignorant.

Quote:
Not at all .

Old 08-26-2009, 09:11 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,564,755 times
Quote:
Where, in Harlem?
You do know that a real hipster would prefer Harlem to most of Manhattan.

But then, your not real hipster-oops I forgot.

Quote:
Indoors are for fat people-did I strike a nerve?

Quote:
I'm sure most middle schoolers would really dig your wardrobe.

Quote:
The last time I checked, the average price of an apartment in Manhattan trumped the average price of a single family home in the entire Bay Area.
And the Bay Area's median home price is higher than the NY Area. How that must hurt.

Quote:
Oh, and I live in Manhattan dear. Much more upscale than someplace ghastly like Oakland.
Oakland-another place a real hipster would prefer over Manhattan. WOW--guess this conversation must be causing you to really think about your life huh?

Quote:
Let me spell it out for you sweetheart; Millioniares in the New York City Metropolitan Area: 621,330; Millioniares in the Bay Area; 190,200. Billioniares in Manhattan; 62 Billioniares in San Francisco; 15. Billioniares in the New York City metropolitan area: 86; billioniares in the San Francisco metro; Now digest this: billioniare.and.milioniare.capital.of.the.world. Ironic, isn't it?

Okay, you don't want to talk about the other 21 Million People who live in New York? Why am I not surprised.

Wanna guess who has a higher average income between the NY and SF Areas? hint. Its not New York.

lol

Old 08-26-2009, 09:15 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,022,899 times
Quote:
And yet the Bay Area's average home price is still more expensive than New York's. WOW!

Ironic since on average,San Francisco is wealthier than New York, and the Bay Area is wealthier than the Greater New York Area.
Your wrong again.

1. Average home price doesn't make it more expensive. Per sq ft.

Top 10 Most Expensive Cities To Own a Luxury Home in 2009 : The Real Estate Bloggers

Heres one for Manhattan and it shows you in comparison what you get for $1.5 million, a studio apartment.
The-Most-Expensive-Real-Estate-Markets-in-the-World: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

2. 10 highest-income counties by median household income (2007)(everything bolded apart of NYC and metro area)
Quote:
Counties with populations of 250,000 or more
Rank County Median Household Income
1 Loudoun County, Virginia $107,207
2 Fairfax County, Virginia $105,241
3 Howard County, Maryland $101,672
4 Somerset County, New Jersey $97,658
5 Morris County, New Jersey $94,684

6 Douglas County, Colorado $92,824
7 Montgomery County, Maryland $91,835
8 Nassau County, New York $89,782
9 Prince William County, Virginia $87,243
10 Santa Clara County, California $84,360

Counties with populations 65,000-250,000
Rank County Median Household Income
1 Hunterdon County, New Jersey $100,327
2 Calvert County, Maryland $95,134
3 Arlington County, Virginia $94,876
4 Stafford County, Virginia $87,629
5 Fauquier County, Virginia $84,888
6 Forsyth County, Georgia $84,872
7 Putnam County, New York $84,624
8 Marin County, California $83,870
9 Charles County, Maryland $83,412
10 Carroll County, Maryland $82,492
20 highest-income counties by average per capita income (2009)

Quote:
Rank County Average Per Capita Income
1 Teton County, Wyoming $132,728
2 New York County, New York $120,790
3 Loving County, Texas $99,593
4 Pitkin County, Colorado $93,465
5 Marin County, California $91,483
6 Fairfield County, Connecticut $84,576
7 Westchester County, New York $74,878
8 San Mateo County, California $71,753
9 Morris County, New Jersey $71,713
10 San Francisco County, California $71,342
11 Somerset County, New Jersey $70,949
12 Alexandria, Virginia $70,632
13 Arlington County, Virginia $68,270
14 Fairfax County, Fairfax, and Falls Church, Virginia $67,909
15 Montgomery County, Maryland $67,525
16 Bergen County, New Jersey $67,125
17 Hunterdon County, New Jersey $66,449

18 Sully County, South Dakota $64,352
19 Blaine County, Idaho $64,207
20 Collier County, Florida $63,276

Old 08-26-2009, 09:19 PM

199 posts, read 220,390 times
lol@ "im sure most middle schoolers would really dig your wardrobe."

'ol cigarette leg jean wearing pansy. dude does pilates with his "trainer" pierre and expects to be taken seriously.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:20 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,241,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustfundhipster
Quote:
My apartment overlooked it.
Where, in Harlem?

Quote:
I wouldnt train outdoors either if I had that weather. Having the option is priceless.

Quote:
Actually, nobody with class cares what a wannabe 'hipster' says--sorry boo.

Quote:
The last time I checked, the average price of an apartment in Manhattan trumped the average price of a single family home in the entire Bay Area. Oh, and I live in zip code 10013 which is in Manhattan and this conversation is also about the surroundings of Central Park which happens to be in Manhattan.... so i'm perplexed as to why "the Bay Area" was pulled from your bag of tricks. Intimidated much?

Quote:
Ironic since on average, San Francisco is wealthier than New York, and the Bay Area is wealthier than the Greater New York Area.
Let me spell it out for you sweetheart; Millionaires in the New York City Metropolitan Area: 621,330; Millionaires in the Bay Area: 190,200; Billionaires in Manhattan: 62, Billionaires in San Francisco; 15; Billionaires in the New York City metropolitan area: 86 billionaires in the San Francisco metro: 42; Now digest this: billioniare.and.milioniare.capital.of.the.world. Ironic, isn't it?

Ahhh, New York, New York. Carry on!
No one cares about your apparently massive hard on for everything "upscale."

What does anything upscale have to do with a park in the first place? Parks = dirt, plants, water, animals. Nature brought to you, in the city, plus amenities like playing fields, playgrounds, and whatever else there may be. I could care less if there are $75,000,000 apartments next door to it. In my opinion, the more rough around the edges and wild the better (to an extent of course, it's still a park). I love getting that isolated feeling in golden Gate Park. But the great thing is we have many other great things in Golden Gate park, including Museums, botanical gardens, the conservatory of flowers, a herd of Bison, the list goes on. Go look it up on wikipedia, or reread the rest of the thread to refresh your memory. The point is that Golden Gate Park can compete with Central Park...accept it.

Also, you do understand the concept of rates right? Of course NYC has more millionaires and billionaires than SF. The NYC metro is three times larger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City