Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2011, 04:21 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,240,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub King View Post
On this topic, Central Park wins utterly & completely, a total victory.
Utterly and Completely?

Does Central Park have buffalo? No. Does Central Park have a pair of windmills? No. Does Central Park have the ocean along one border? No. Does central Park have a Japanese Tea Garden or any botanical gardens, or a conservatory of flowers? No. Is central Park bigger? No. Does central Park have fly-casting ponds? No. Does Central Park have more ponds/lakes? No. Does central park ever get extremely foggy weather? No. Does Central park have more hippies or homeless people? Probably not.

It's cool if you like Central Park more, but it doesn't win at everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 04:28 PM

1,335 posts, read 1,663,572 times
You are 100% right about every single thing here except for one! Surely you are not saying there has never been dense fog in Central Park? Anyhow what's wrong with enthusiastic use of adverbs? My opinion. GG park is nice, very nice. I've seen it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
Utterly and Completely?

Does Central Park have buffalo? No. Does Central Park have a pair of windmills? No. Does Central Park have the ocean along one border? No. Does central Park have a Japanese Tea Garden or any botanical gardens, or a conservatory of flowers? No. Is central Park bigger? No. Does central Park have fly-casting ponds? No. Does Central Park have more ponds/lakes? No. Does central park ever get extremely foggy weather? No. Does Central park have more hippies or homeless people? Probably not.

It's cool if you like Central Park more, but it doesn't win at everything.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:36 PM

Location: NY-NJ-Philly looks down at SF and laughs at the hippies
1,144 posts, read 1,297,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
Does Central park have more hippies or homeless people? Probably not.
Rah, I do have to give you credit for speaking the truth about this part within your post. In Golden Gate Park Hippie Hill is an alive spot and most certainly lives up to it's name. I am going to post a video showing the amenities within hippie hill, the hippie spirit lives on in Golden Gate Park.

4:20 San Francisco 2009 Hippie Hill - YouTube

Old 08-15-2011, 04:43 PM

I get the picture. Some hippies, lots or regular looking folk, too. That's very SF, and this scene on South St. is very Philly.

Philly NORML 420 march 2011 - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateway Region View Post
Rah, I do have to give you credit for speaking the truth about this part within your post. In Golden Gate Park Hippie Hill is an alive spot and most certainly lives up to it's name. I am going to post a video showing the amenities within hippie hill, the hippie spirit lives on in Golden Gate Park.

4:20 San Francisco 2009 Hippie Hill - YouTube

Last edited by Dub King; 08-15-2011 at 04:52 PM..

Old 08-15-2011, 04:49 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,548,962 times
Yeah, the parks are great but Central Park has unparalleled excitement surrounding it. If there were an Upper West Side south of Golden Gate Park facing the Pacific Ocean, Id probably move there tomorrow. LOL.

In the meantime, I suppose the areas that surround GGP now are still very nice and have tons of character, albeit a little dull compared to the hoods that surround CP.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:56 PM

Property values around Central Park definitely speak for themselves. Skyline lovers take note, it doesn't get any better than this: 15 Central Park West

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yeah, the parks are great but Central Park has unparalleled excitement surrounding it. If there were an Upper West Side south of Golden Gate Park facing the Pacific Ocean, Id probably move there tomorrow. LOL.

In the meantime, I suppose the areas that surround GGP now are still very nice and have tons of character, albeit a little dull compared to the hoods that surround CP.

Old 08-15-2011, 05:08 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,548,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub King View Post
Property values around Central Park definitely speak for themselves. Skyline lovers take note, it doesn't get any better than this: 15 Central Park West
That is spectacular...

Old 08-16-2011, 07:06 PM

25 posts, read 35,469 times
Central Park!

Old 08-17-2011, 03:27 AM

208 posts, read 411,862 times
Having never been to GGP I don't feel I can pass judgement, but I will say this, Central Park is absolutely BEAUTIFUL in the autumn and when it snows. There's something to be said for having 4 seasons.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:24 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,108,506 times
I love both, but Central Park's juxtaposition of greenspace against beautiful highrises cinches it for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City