Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 08:52 AM

110 posts, read 101,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
The sports up in Hudson County NJ are 1) milking the welfare system 2) selling drugs and 3) trying to be the next Tony Soprano

I would rather ride a 4 wheeler

Sorry, Hudson County does not milk the welfare system because they are a very wealthy county. Many chose to live in Hudson County and work in Manhattan because they have children. The fact that you would choose to ride a four wheeler doesn't surprise me because it goes right along with all of your other post that have the deep southern culture mentality.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:58 AM

815 posts, read 2,136,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCounty View Post
Sorry, Hudson County does not milk the welfare system bcause they are a very ewalthy county. Many chose to live in HudsonCounty and work in Manhattan because they have children. The fact that you would chose to ride a four wheeler doesn't surprise me becuase it goes right along with all of your other post. Hey yall

They dont ride 4 wheelers in Hudson County??? Are you sure about that??? I visited my aunt's in laws in the Curry Woods area in Jersey City and I saw teenagers everywhere on 4 wheelers. Matter of fact go in any black area in America and you will see teenagers on four wheelers and pocket rockets. And with that said being from the south I still had never heard of mud boggin until you said that term

Old 09-29-2009, 09:07 AM

486 posts, read 1,035,119 times
I'm from Missouri, and the big things around here are NCAA football and basketball, NFL, MLB, and golf. On the eastern side of the state, where I've also lived, hockey is somewhat popular as well. In KC, very few follow the NHL, but I'm sure that if they ever landed a team that would change.

If you go to more rural areas, people are heavy into hunting and some fishing as well. NASCAR has also gained ground in recent years.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:10 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,557,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Here's some educational links for you. Look around, you'll see some real Jersey sophistication. I'm torn between favorites: the 1992 Ranger with a 5.0L mustang engine dropped in, or the F-350 monster truck?
Southern transplants that move here for our great wages and bring their southern ways with them.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:19 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,791,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muman View Post
I'm from Missouri, and the big things around here are NCAA football and basketball, NFL, MLB, and golf. On the eastern side of the state, where I've also lived, hockey is somewhat popular as well. In KC, very few follow the NHL, but I'm sure that if they ever landed a team that would change.
If you go to more rural areas, people are heavy into hunting and some fishing as well. NASCAR has also gained ground in recent years.
This was tried with the Kansas City Scouts, in 1974. However, the city couldn't support them:
Kansas City Scouts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-29-2009, 09:28 AM

486 posts, read 1,035,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
This was tried with the Kansas City Scouts, in 1974. However, the city couldn't support them:
I'm aware that there used to be a team here, however, the lack of support may have been partly due to the small population and two other, previously established pro sports teams. It's not that no one would watch. I just think the market was, and probably still is (even with metro population growth) saturated.

Also, hockey doesn't have a real historical tradition here. Baseball and football have a longer-term built in base of support. It might take people a while to warm up to hockey. No pun intended. This is an edit: After taking into account the recent lack of success of both the Royals and Chiefs, fans may warm up to hockey more quickly than I expect.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:15 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,101,920 times
Quote:
Sorry, Hudson County does not milk the welfare system because they are a very wealthy county. Many chose to live in Hudson County and work in Manhattan because they have children. The fact that you would choose to ride a four wheeler doesn't surprise me because it goes right along with all of your other post that have the deep southern culture mentality.
Tsk tsk, silly rabbit

Hudson County: % below poverty = 13.7% Suburban NYC

Ft Bend County TX (my county): % below poverty = 8.9% Suburban Houston

See what happens when you throw out hate posts about other regions of the country who like different sports and activities than you?

You get owned

Old 09-29-2009, 01:01 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,549,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Big whoop. Denver had a team in the 70s that moved and eventually became the New Jersey Devils. They got a new team a couple decades later and were successful.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:15 PM

110 posts, read 101,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Tsk tsk, silly rabbit

Hudson County: % below poverty = 13.7% Suburban NYC

Ft Bend County TX (my county): % below poverty = 8.9% Suburban Houston

See what happens when you throw out hate posts about other regions of the country who like different sports and activities than you?

You get owned
Oh, wow! I guess those 7 dollar an hour jobs working as an assistant manager at Little Caesars really helps the Ft Bend County Texas statistics. Do me a favor and conduct a survey for me because you have access to Texas, because I will never step foot in that state. I am wondering how many people in your county have a mullet with a rebel flag bumper sticker on the back of their car, chew tobacco, drink bud light and watch nascar. My estimate would be around 90%. Let me know the results of the study. YOU GOT OWNED!!!

Old 09-29-2009, 01:23 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,557,279 times
Quote:
Oh, wow! I guess those 7 dollar an hour jobs working as an assistant manager at Little Caesars really helps the Ft Bend County Texas statistics. Do me a favor and conduct a survey for me because you have access to Texas, because I will never step foot in that state. I am wondering how many people in your county have a mullet with a rebel flag bumper sticker on the back of their car, chew tobacco, drink bud light and watch nascar. My estimate would be around 90%. Let me know the results of the study. YOU GOT OWNED!!!
Southerners seem to be good inventors:

YouTube - Redneck Inventions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfQKDmVPjpI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City