Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 02:26 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcee510 View Post
Out here in California we enjoy our water sports.

Mavericks (Halfmoon Bay)

YouTube - Mavericks Big Wave Contest 2008
Nice.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:00 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,022,950 times
It is true that nowadays with the free agency, pro teams are more revolving door operations unless you run a blockbuster organization like the Yankees. This is not how it always was, (leading to some to say rivalries in NFL have lost their steam) so people will still generally root for their home team cause, well it's the home team.

The state representation angle is good for college football, but you can argue that pro way is merely a metaphor for the large american metropolis. Different people coming from different places (nationally, internationaly) hoping to make it big, with many being inexorably tied to a cities image or culture. (as I said, to a degree due to free agency plus in college you do have transfers as well so).

Old 09-18-2009, 08:56 PM

167 posts, read 435,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I live in Little Rock and I agree with this statement. Around here, SEC football, NASCAR, huntin', fishin', and muddin' are the only thing that matters. Redneck culture I guess.
What the heck is muddin'?

It is true though. When I lived in North Texas I always heard about NASCAR on sports radio, and would always see commercials for Bass Pro Shops. But I have almost never heard that in LA. When it comes to alternative sports its all about the boarding culture in SoCal (skateboarding, surfing, snowboarding)

Old 09-18-2009, 10:00 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,023,547 times
in New Mexico NFL football is king along with college basketball and MLB being the most popular, I love college football but its not all that popular here, probably cause are teams suck so bad.

other than that Id say hunting and fishing is one of the most popular sports in the state, alot of people go 4-wheelin' also and depending on what part of the state you are from skiing and snowboarding is popular. High school football is very popular in the eastern side of the state.

Old 09-26-2009, 05:10 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,022,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
in New Mexico NFL football is king along with college basketball and MLB being the most popular, I love college football but its not all that popular here, probably cause are teams suck so bad.

other than that Id say hunting and fishing is one of the most popular sports in the state, alot of people go 4-wheelin' also and depending on what part of the state you are from skiing and snowboarding is popular. High school football is very popular in the eastern side of the state.
Are the Lobos good in basketball, never really hear about em.

Old 09-26-2009, 05:33 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,724,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Western87 View Post
What the heck is muddin'?
Get a truck, put a lift on it and some mud tires, and go drive through the mud.

I did it all the time growing up with a 4-wheeler, and later with my truck. It is actually way more fun than it sounds. Haven't gotten the opportunity to go muddin in years, though.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:13 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,746,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post

Sounds like fun but not like a sport.

Old 09-26-2009, 02:41 PM

110 posts, read 101,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post

I did it all the time growing up with a 4-wheeler, and later with my truck. It is actually way more fun than it sounds. Haven't gotten the opportunity to go muddin in years, though.
Only in the south..... Only in the south..... LOL!!!

Old 09-26-2009, 02:57 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCounty View Post
Only in the south..... Only in the south..... LOL!!!
Guess again. This is popular all over the country, not just the South.

Old 09-26-2009, 03:09 PM

110 posts, read 101,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Guess again. This is popular all over the country, not just the South.
No, it is not. I have lived all over the United States. In the Northeast, Midwest, West Coast, New South and Deep south. I never heard of muddin until I went to the deep south. Also, notice how about 3 other posters have not heard about it before me and they are not from the south. However, the NC poster jumped all over it and said that he use to participate in muddin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City