Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 03:33 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
You should take your own advice.
I probably travel more in a year than you have in your entire lifetime.

But thanks for the thought.

Old 09-26-2009, 03:39 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,557,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
I probably travel more in a year than you have in your entire lifetime.

But thanks for the thought.
Yet you think Orlando FL has amazing sports culture. You are too much.

Old 09-26-2009, 03:46 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Yet you think Orlando FL has amazing sports culture. You are too much.
And again with the reading comprehension issues.

Care to show us where I said that? Didn't think so.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:44 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,801,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Atlanta's attendance is not decent..... they are second to last in the league by average number of fans (only behind the Islanders in the ancient Nassau Stadium)..... this is unexcusable for a team with one of the nicest and newest arenas in the league. And the Thrashers are dead last in the league by percentage of seats filled in the arena. They are the only team to have below 80% of capacity sold per game. That statistic would be far worse if it wasn't for the corporate bulk purchases, which will soon end if the Thrashers don't pick it up soon.

Source: NHL Attendance Leaders - National Hockey League - ESPN

Sorry, but Thrasher attendance IS the worst in the NHL.
To make a statement like "Atlanta's attendance is not decent..." you would be making a blanket statement about Atlanta's NHL attendance overall - not just for a single season. 2008-2009 attendance was 2nd-to-last, but if you had bothered to check attendance for the past 10 losing seasons, you would confirm that attendance for the Thrashers IS decent...hovering around 22nd out of 30 teams and averaging over 15,000. For a new franchise, I call that decent - and far from "last place".

Old 09-27-2009, 02:26 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,724,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCounty View Post
No, it is not. I have lived all over the United States. In the Northeast, Midwest, West Coast, New South and Deep south. I never heard of muddin until I went to the deep south. Also, notice how about 3 other posters have not heard about it before me and they are not from the south. However, the NC poster jumped all over it and said that he use to participate in muddin.
Actually, HudsonCounty, I don't really care where you lived - It is in fact popular in rural areas all across the U.S., including those which you assume to be too sophisticated to engage in off-roading.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:41 PM

110 posts, read 101,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Actually, HudsonCounty, I don't really care where you lived - It is in fact popular in rural areas all across the U.S., including those which you assume to be too sophisticated to engage in off-roading.
Sorry, but it is not. I NEVER heard of muddin before I lived in the deep south for a short stint. How would you know anyways? You have never lived anywhere, but the Carolinas. From past post, I believe that you are from Columbia, South Carolina. Also, you made a statement that some small town in North Carolina feels like the North to you because there are so many transplants. You need to experience something besides the hey yall culture in the deep south.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:45 PM

110 posts, read 101,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
To make a statement like "Atlanta's attendance is not decent..." you would be making a blanket statement about Atlanta's NHL attendance overall - not just for a single season. 2008-2009 attendance was 2nd-to-last, but if you had bothered to check attendance for the past 10 losing seasons, you would confirm that attendance for the Thrashers IS decent...hovering around 22nd out of 30 teams and averaging over 15,000. For a new franchise, I call that decent - and far from "last place".

The Atlanta Thrashers have horrible attendance and the numbers that you produced just proved it. You stated they were 22nd out of 30th, which is awful. Also, the Atlanta Thrashers are not a new team so stop making excuses for the poor attendance numbers. I am not saying this is good or bad, but just facts......... the south is obsessed with college football and the northeast is obsessed with hockey.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:52 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,801,231 times
Quote:
The Atlanta Thrashers have horrible attendance and the numbers that you produced just proved it. You stated they were 22nd out of 30th, which is awful. Also, the Atlanta Thrashers are not a new team so stop making excuses for the poor attendance numbers. I am not saying this is good or bad, but just facts......... the south is obsessed with college football and the northeast is obsessed with hockey.
The Thrashers played their first game on October 2, 1999. Not a new team? Wrong! It's not an excuse, it's a fact that Atlanta's NHL team is a newer team and therefore has not established a large or loyal fan following. There will have to be some winning before that happens - in ANY city.

At 22nd out of 30 teams, Atlanta's attendance was better than Boston, New Jersey, Washington, New York, Chicago, and St. Louis.

What in the world is "muddin"? I've never heard of it. I guess you must have lived around the "muddin" type of people - which we know live all over the world. If you think they only live in the South, then there is no need to continue this discussion.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:34 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,724,200 times
Quote:
Sorry, but it is not. I NEVER heard of muddin before I lived in the deep south for a short stint.
So if you've never heard of it, I guess it must not exist.

Quote:
How would you know anyways?
There are off-roading clubs in every state in the nation. There are 4x4 trails all over the nation; New York, Maine, California, Texas, Washington, Canada, you name it.

Quote:
You have never lived anywhere, but the Carolinas. From past post, I believe that you are from Columbia, South Carolina. Also, you made a statement that some small town in North Carolina feels like the North to you because there are so many transplants. You need to experience something besides the hey yall culture in the deep south.
I'm pretty sure personal attacks are against the rules of this forum. I try to stick to facts here, not conjecture based upon what you think you know about me.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:36 PM

55 posts, read 173,925 times
The Northeast states like baseball, the rest of America likes football.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City