Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: London vs San Francisco
London 39 62.90%
San Francisco 23 37.10%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 07:20 PM

330 posts, read 877,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT6 View Post
Europe is now Racist?

Besides New York to an extent and (maybe LA) I rarely if ever saw black/white/asian people hanging together. Even in San Francisco, I rarely saw interracial coupling. You can't walk the streets of London or Paris without seeing groups or a couple (gay/straight) of different races hanging together.

I noticed that in America, everybody sticks with their color. Interracial dating also seems far more common in Europe than it is in America.

As a racial minority, walk through the deep south of the United States with your gay Brazilian boyfriend and see if everyone is "accepting". You live in San Francisco and San Francisco isn't representative of the United States.
Europe is definitely more racist than America - and especially way more racist than SF - since SF is very diverse and liberal. But I thought London was pretty liberal. I've never lived there and haven't visited - I just know London about from I have read and heard. But as a whole of course Europe is more racist. Isn't that where the Nazi's were formed?

Old 09-26-2009, 07:23 PM

330 posts, read 877,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
That's nice of you to say. I also don't believe in discrimination-but many CaliForumers know that my situation is a little trickier because of my devoutness to my faith---this is a different topic so I wont go on any further about it. LOL

1. London is by far more prominent on the world stage. I totally agree. It is up there with NY and Paris in that regard. No argument there.

2. The forumer wanted to know about livability and then in the same breath states that SF couldnt possibly compare?? That's absurd and nonsensical.

In the context of livability, SF is better in my personal experience having lived in both London and SF.Not that London is bad-that's not what Im implying at all.
18Monclair, I hate to take the topic away from its main point, but what do you mean when you say faith? Do you mean religion or something else?

Old 09-26-2009, 09:08 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBay-NowDCarea View Post
18Monclair, I hate to take the topic away from its main point, but what do you mean when you say faith? Do you mean religion or something else?
I mean religion.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:19 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT6 View Post
Europe is now Racist?

Besides New York to an extent and (maybe LA) I rarely if ever saw black/white/asian people hanging together. Even in San Francisco, I rarely saw interracial coupling. You can't walk the streets of London or Paris without seeing groups or a couple (gay/straight) of different races hanging together.

I noticed that in America, everybody sticks with their color. Interracial dating also seems far more common in Europe than it is in America.

As a racial minority, walk through the deep south of the United States with your gay Brazilian boyfriend and see if everyone is "accepting". You live in San Francisco and San Francisco isn't representative of the United States.
Well, you make good points but in my experience, Europe is more racist thru and thru. People in big cities that are supposed be cosmopolitan make racist comments in your face without any tact whatsoever. Its even worse in the rural areas.

Scandinavians are the most enlightened in Europe as far as race in my experience. London and its immediate areas are not that bad because people there are accustomed to seeing people of color. Northern Europe is much better than Southern Europe. Spain quite frankly shocked the hell out of me. Imagine Alabama in the 1950s.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:23 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,876,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjamie View Post
Which would you rather live in? Not necessarily which is the best since San Francisco clearly can't match up to London.
Teaches me for taking a nap.

Folks, first, you need to list specific things you're comparing in cities, not a generic "which would you prefer" type of question. Second, we're not comparing North American cities to European cities. Only a like-for-like comparison.

Please read the room sticky carefully for posting guidelines before you post: https://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...e-posting.html

Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City