Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 10:54 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,974,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenise View Post
and to the person who said that eyrkah badu dosnt rep dallas. she does. she does a lot for the south dallas community

that would me be...I applaud her humanitarian efforts...I just havent heard of her making Dallas a noteworthy aspect of her image to the public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 10:59 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
Quote:
im just saying. dont compare houston to frisco, mckinny, carrolton, plano as if it was dallas. dallas consits of west dallas-blacks and hispanic, south dallas-blacks, east dallas- blacks and hispanics, north dallas-whites, blacks and hispanics, oak cliff-blacks and hispanics, pleasant grove-blacks and hispincs..

houston has more of a big city feel than dallas. i'm from east dallas and i didnt come in contact with caucasins till i moved to desoto (southern dallas county) desoto is black now with a few hispanics.

dallas is more segregated than houston. the cacausins lives in northern dallas surburbs and collin county.

and to the person who said that eyrkah badu dosnt rep dallas. she does. she does a lot for the south dallas community
How could you grow up in East Dallas and not come in contact with Caucasions?

Old 10-13-2009, 11:03 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
if you live in dallas, means you live in south dallas, west dallas, east dallas, north dallas, oak cliff, pleasant grove.( the hood except for part of north dallas) i'm gettin tired of people sayin frisco, plano, allen etc is dallas because its not. those citys are not even in dallas county. dallas is a lot more worser than houston. look at the stats.
Because they essentially are Dallas. They owe their existence or their growth to the proximity of Dallas. They are Dallas suburbs. Besides, it's easier to tell somebody from outside the state to say Dallas instead of Frisco. Nobody outside Texas knows where Frisco is at.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Because they essentially are Dallas. They owe their existence or their growth to the proximity of Dallas. They are Dallas suburbs. Besides, it's easier to tell somebody from outside the state to say Dallas instead of Frisco. Nobody outside Texas knows where Frisco is at.

Basically

Old 10-13-2009, 01:04 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
that would me be...I applaud her humanitarian efforts...I just havent heard of her making Dallas a noteworthy aspect of her image to the public.
I prefer her not to be like every singer out of Atlanta who keeps talking about it in every song. She works with lots of artist out of Dallas as well. She really does lots for the Dallas Community and reps it when it's necessary.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I prefer her not to be like every singer out of Atlanta who keeps talking about it in every song. She works with lots of artist out of Dallas as well. She really does lots for the Dallas Community and reps it when it's necessary.
Both Houston and Atlanta singers do rep their cities a lot.. which is one of the reasons their music is a lot more prolific (nationally) than Dallas' music scene right now. In my opinion, Houston and Atlanta artists may be great philanthropists as well but representing their city is what brings attention to their specific city and its what makes people aware of the unique influences within their individual city...and consequently it brings about more public interest in their city, especially musically. And of course more attention means a bigger spotlight for new artist to shine underneath.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:55 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,805,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Both Houston and Atlanta singers do rep their cities a lot.. which is one of the reasons their music is a lot more prolific (nationally) than Dallas' music scene right now. In my opinion, Houston and Atlanta artists may be great philanthropists as well but representing their city is what brings attention to their specific city and its what makes people aware of the unique influences within their individual city...and consequently it brings about more public interest in their city, especially musically. And of course more attention means a bigger spotlight for new artist to shine underneath.
Exactly...look at all the public interest T.I. brought to Atlanta recently. I mean, he got arrested in the parking lot of MY Walgreens on Piedmont Avenue! And then there's Dallas Austin getting caught with weed in an Islamic country! Woohoo!

There are examples of artists doing good things that draw public interest too, of course.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:55 PM

6 posts, read 11,554 times
i stayed off of east grand. in the hood. and i all so stayed in the east dallas projects.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:11 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by will_I_am29 View Post
really I didnt know that! But the blacks here in Houston are always saying the blacks in Dallas are more "country" or "hick" than the blacks in Houston.??? So that is another facter I didnt get. I thought since Dallas is so upscale and snobbier than Houston, it aplys to all races in Dallas?
Who told you that? Blacks in Houston are definitely more country than Dallas black people. If you want to see some country people just go to the Wards down in H-Town

Old 10-13-2009, 04:40 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
Quote:
i stayed off of east grand. in the hood. and i all so stayed in the east dallas projects.
Some would consider that South Dallas. Which projects are you talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City