Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2009, 04:47 PM

1,179 posts, read 2,063,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I am mostly Greek, but constantly people think I am Hispanic but its no big deal. I think where ever you go, except probably Miami, people are going to think any Hispanic person is Mexican. I don't see what the big deal. Most people wouldn't be able to tell an English person from a Belgian. Most people non- Whites think all white people are the same. No big deal.
Yeah I agree with this. I've seen the statistics and 90% of your Hispanic people in America came from Mexico. So since the vast majority of Hispanics are Mexican descent it makes sense that non-Hispanic people when they see a Hispanic person they assume that person is Mexican or Mexican descent. Like you said this is not a bad thing. I couldn't care less if someone is from Mexico, Chile, Argentina, El Salvador, China, Russia or Uganda. Who cares? People shouldn't take offense to these things. Almost all my ancestors came from Germany. One time a guy I met from Turkey said I look Irish. That's fine with me. I couldn't care less what I look like. Just as long as I don't look like an a**hole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 07:59 PM

6 posts, read 11,554 times
if you live in dallas, means you live in south dallas, west dallas, east dallas, north dallas, oak cliff, pleasant grove.( the hood except for part of north dallas) i'm gettin tired of people sayin frisco, plano, allen etc is dallas because its not. those citys are not even in dallas county. dallas is a lot more worser than houston. look at the stats.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:01 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenise View Post
if you live in dallas, means you live in south dallas, west dallas, east dallas, north dallas, oak cliff, pleasant grove.( the hood except for part of north dallas) i'm gettin tired of people sayin frisco, plano, allen etc is dallas because its not. those citys are not even in dallas county. dallas is a lot more worser than houston. look at the stats.
Alot more worser???? That doesnt make sense.

But what about Dallas is worse than Houston that you are refering to?

Old 10-13-2009, 07:08 AM

101 posts, read 295,911 times
Smile There is not enough convincing evidence for either area to win

I have never, ever seen anything deinitive, convinvcing or conclusive that puts either Dallas or Houston above the other. It would be different if it were San Francisco vs Dallas or New York Vs Houston but comparing these two cities over and over again is a moot point. They seem to be eternally destined to be equal rivals.

If anyone can please come up with something that is absolutely without a doubt undeniable evidence that one is better please do so now. Otherwise we will just have to assume that they are about the same.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:31 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,608,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josehernandez017 View Post
I have never, ever seen anything deinitive, convinvcing or conclusive that puts either Dallas or Houston above the other. It would be different if it were San Francisco vs Dallas or New York Vs Houston but comparing these two cities over and over again is a moot point. They seem to be eternally destined to be equal rivals.

If anyone can please come up with something that is absolutely without a doubt undeniable evidence that one is better please do so now. Otherwise we will just have to assume that they are about the same.
Agreed, but that's the point of this thread. Since we can really never come to a definitive answer, we can argue til the cows come home.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:48 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:

Well how do you know if SF or NYC are better than Houston or Dallas? Sure those are two of the most popular cities in the country, but opinions differ.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:55 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
Quote:

Could not agree more!

Old 10-13-2009, 09:53 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
This has been mentioned before, but Lakewooder posts that same picture of Dallas all the time, looking over White Rock at such an angle... but it's truly not representative of how most of DFW looks. Nice PR though.
From Chalk Hill:

Old 10-13-2009, 10:45 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
Quote:

The world's largest annual exhibition and the world's largest collection of Art Deco exhibition buildings:

Old 10-13-2009, 10:49 AM

6 posts, read 11,554 times
im just saying. dont compare houston to frisco, mckinny, carrolton, plano as if it was dallas. dallas consits of west dallas-blacks and hispanic, south dallas-blacks, east dallas- blacks and hispanics, north dallas-whites, blacks and hispanics, oak cliff-blacks and hispanics, pleasant grove-blacks and hispincs..

houston has more of a big city feel than dallas. i'm from east dallas and i didnt come in contact with caucasins till i moved to desoto (southern dallas county) desoto is black now with a few hispanics.

dallas is more segregated than houston. the cacausins lives in northern dallas surburbs and collin county.

and to the person who said that eyrkah badu dosnt rep dallas. she does. she does a lot for the south dallas community
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City