Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2009, 03:26 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,608,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
Dallas: All style and flash and little substance. The new stadium is a metaphor for the whole city.
oh this is too funny. Do your homework. The new stadium is in ARLINGTON because the citizens of DALLAS weren't stupid enough to pay for such a monstrosity. They voted it down like a pay increase for teachers So now the stadium resides in pos Arlington. Sorry boutcha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 05:07 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,449,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lildevited View Post
The Houston area doesn't even have an operating theme park. What a shame
Houstonians generally go to San Antonio for those type of things. It's nice to get away from Houston once in a while. I couldn't believe how many cars from Houston were on I-10 on Friday night and Sunday Afternoon.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:13 PM

965 posts, read 1,885,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
oh this is too funny. Do your homework. The new stadium is in ARLINGTON because the citizens of DALLAS weren't stupid enough to pay for such a monstrosity. They voted it down like a pay increase for teachers So now the stadium resides in pos Arlington. Sorry boutcha.
Girl, bye. I know the stadium is in Arlington, but they're still the DALLAS Cowboys, and Arlington is in the DALLAS-Ft Worth Metroplex. And it's the same typical Dallas hyperbole about how the stadium is the "biggest" and "most expensive" as if that equals being the "best"

Old 10-14-2009, 05:58 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times
Quote:
Girl, bye. I know the stadium is in Arlington, but they're still the DALLAS Cowboys, and Arlington is in the DALLAS-Ft Worth Metroplex. And it's the same typical Dallas hyperbole about how the stadium is the "biggest" and "most expensive" as if that equals being the "best"
I pretty much new that was a sister talking when she said that.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:59 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Houstonians generally go to San Antonio for those type of things. It's nice to get away from Houston once in a while. I couldn't believe how many cars from Houston were on I-10 on Friday night and Sunday Afternoon.
But Houston is getting a theme park in 2011-2012. It'll be the largest theme park in the South, outside of Disney World. You have the theme park, water park, museum, etc.

Quote:
You should have seen the grin on Jerry Jones' face on the first Sunday Night game in that new stadium when he was told that he has the record (highest attended NFL game). It was weird.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:59 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
But Houston is getting a theme park in 2011-2012. It'll be the largest theme park in the South, outside of Disney World. You have the theme park, water park, museum, etc.
Hmmm really I want to see the link.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:01 PM

2,023 posts, read 4,187,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
I don't have a link but they are building one. I'm skeptical though, considering how much Astroworld sucked.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:38 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
It's called Earth Quest Adventures. Will cover 1600 acres.

Untitled Document

Earth Quest Adventure - HAIF: Houston's Leading Internet Community - Page 14

Last edited by Trae713; 10-14-2009 at 06:47 PM..

Old 10-14-2009, 06:57 PM

882 posts, read 2,245,331 times
Yeah, its supposed to be a resort, along with a theme park, and some offices/research park.

Heres the discussion on HAIF.
Earth Quest Adventure - HAIF: Houston's Leading Internet Community

Has park renderings posted, links to more websites and articles, and a picture of a sign saying that it will open in 2013/2014. Located in Montgomery County.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:22 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmeads View Post
I don't have a link but they are building one. I'm skeptical though, considering how much Astroworld sucked.
Astroworld was pretty sweet until about the last 5 years of it operation. I think it just became poorly managed and "ghettofied".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City