Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2009, 01:02 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
Nah.

K-Rino is the best, followed by Z-Ro, Scarface, and Trae. Can't forget Devin the Dude either.

And I agree with jluke. I'd take Houston's garbage rappers (Mike Jones and Paul Wall) over Atlanta (Shawty Lo/Soulja Boy) and Dallas' (GS Boys and Party Boys) garbage rappers anyday. At least we aren't making nonstop dance records.
I agree 100%. How are rappers like Shawty Lo selling, but the same people buying Shawty Lo's album are the same people that criticize Mike Jones and Paul Wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 01:04 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Agreed. I hardly ever hear people say Still Tippin was a bad song. Too many people continuously compare these dudes to people like 2pac and Scarface. They are above average compared to many of the recent people putting out music. Mike Jones was good before going mainstream; I don't care what anyone say. He still pretty good; however, he knows that to sell music he has to dumb it down. That even applies to Jay Z whose latest album was just alright.
I agree. That's why artist like Z-Ro and Trae aren't selling mainstream, because there lyrics deal with serious issues that wouldn't get much play outside of TX radio. Z-Ro refuses to dumb down.

Old 10-15-2009, 02:55 PM

10,006 posts, read 15,653,607 times
Let's stay on topic here. Posts about rappers would belong in the music forum.

Old 10-15-2009, 03:31 PM

103 posts, read 314,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Who told you that? Blacks in Houston are definitely more country than Dallas black people. If you want to see some country people just go to the Wards down in H-Town
Lol, I have a coworker lived in Dallas, Plano and Garland and she said the blacks in Houston are more "country" than the black in Dallas. And she is black and I am black. She also said Dallas blacks are more bougie or more snobby than Houston, because Houston is more laid back and less classy in trying to impress. But my friends say Dallasites talk more western or county, see the show "Cheaters" they say.???

Old 10-15-2009, 04:52 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Blacks in Houston are more country than Blacks in Dallas? I definitely do not agree with that. Houston may be laid back, but their pace is far more hectic than Dallas.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:14 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,833,569 times
How come city vs. city threads always have to turn into ghetto conversations about rap and black folks lol

Old 10-15-2009, 07:00 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Blacks in Houston are more country than Blacks in Dallas? I definitely do not agree with that. Houston may be laid back, but their pace is far more hectic than Dallas.
True. People from Dallas are more loud and country than Houston people. I'm loud and countryish myself lol

Old 10-15-2009, 07:18 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,852,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by will_I_am29 View Post
Lol, I have a coworker lived in Dallas, Plano and Garland and she said the blacks in Houston are more "country" than the black in Dallas. And she is black and I am black. She also said Dallas blacks are more bougie or more snobby than Houston, because Houston is more laid back and less classy in trying to impress. But my friends say Dallasites talk more western or county, see the show "Cheaters" they say.???
what??

Old 10-15-2009, 07:20 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,852,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCoySays View Post
How come city vs. city threads always have to turn into ghetto conversations about rap and black folks lol
I have to agree with this.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:52 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,248,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by will_I_am29 View Post

People in Dallas or Houston arguing about who are more "country" than each other is like listening to a methhead and a crackhead argue about who gets more high.

I remember when I lived in Jackson, they would always talk about how "country" people in Memphis are. Pot, meet kettle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City