Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think is better?
Downtown Atlanta 208 64.40%
Uptown Charlotte 115 35.60%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 06:23 PM

648 posts, read 1,422,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Atlanta has it's share of new buildings as well. They just don't stand out as much because rather than being ganged up together as they are in Charlotte, they are separated from one another by older buildings.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Nice pics! I think that Atlanta has a great mixture of both old and new buildings. I love the newness of midtown and Buckhead and I also love the urban feel of Downtown with the older buildings. People talk bad about DT, but I think it has great potential. Watch out for Downtown in the next decade.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:02 PM

2,856 posts, read 4,613,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raivere View Post
Charlotte is much smaller than Atlanta. No battle here.
You can't tell that to the people in Charlotte. Remember that Charlotte has more people so it's bigger and land area....LOL

Old 12-11-2009, 09:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,723 times
I'm new to this site but being from SC I and traveled to both cities of alot I'll be the first to say that Downtown Atlanta is much better than uptown Charlotte. Charlotte has a long way to go to catch up with Atlanta and if Buckhead and Midtown was included...This would be pointless and silly

Old 12-11-2009, 10:33 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,987,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgNCATL View Post
Nice pics! I think that Atlanta has a great mixture of both old and new buildings. I love the newness of midtown and Buckhead and I also love the urban feel of Downtown with the older buildings. People talk bad about DT, but I think it has great potential. Watch out for Downtown in the next decade.
I agree. Once Five Points and Underground's problems get sorted out it's going to be a no brainer.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:41 AM

4,230 posts, read 10,480,380 times
Who cares how many more skylines Atlanta has than Charlotte or how much bigger it is overall? The OP wanted to know how "Downtown" compared to "Uptown". If he wanted to know how "Uptown" compared to Buckhead & Midtown he would have asked. This thread has gone from "but, ATL has more skylines than CLT, to Uptown is surrounded by the hood, to the number of buildings in each, to Atlanta is Bigger (DUH!)

With that I have to say based on the pictures I like Charlotte better. I haven't personally been to Charlotte so that opinion could change whenever I visit and see it up close. If were comparing the entire ATL skyline then of course ATL would win.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:25 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,857,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefansanity View Post
Also the other things you mentioned such as malls thats all great and glorious but CLT also has things ATL dont.
Like what? Name some.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:32 AM

937 posts, read 926,834 times
I love this debate cuz it's so irrelivent. Downtown Atl is much more lively than Uptown Clt... Not to mention vastly larger, and it feels a lot more urban. From a cultural standpoint, Clt does have somewhat of an upperhand because of the art museums... but then again, Atl does have Midtown (which really is just another part of downtown) & Buckhead to compensate... I'll admit, CLT looks spiffy, but it's just so small and really isn't as captivating as Atlanta

Old 12-12-2009, 09:30 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,798,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Who cares how many more skylines Atlanta has than Charlotte or how much bigger it is overall? The OP wanted to know how "Downtown" compared to "Uptown". If he wanted to know how "Uptown" compared to Buckhead & Midtown he would have asked. This thread has gone from "but, ATL has more skylines than CLT, to Uptown is surrounded by the hood, to the number of buildings in each, to Atlanta is Bigger (DUH!)

With that I have to say based on the pictures I like Charlotte better. I haven't personally been to Charlotte so that opinion could change whenever I visit and see it up close. If were comparing the entire ATL skyline then of course ATL would win.
All of your complaining aside, the majority of the discussion has been on topic - comparing Uptown Charlotte to Downtown Atlanta. Most of the sane comments have been about how much larger and busier Atlanta's Downtown is compared to Charlotte's Uptown.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:57 AM

4,230 posts, read 10,480,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
All of your complaining aside, the majority of the discussion has been on topic - comparing Uptown Charlotte to Downtown Atlanta. Most of the sane comments have been about how much larger and busier Atlanta's Downtown is compared to Charlotte's Uptown.
I thought this was about skylines.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:53 PM

3,867 posts, read 4,076,782 times
Sorry Charlotte, I voted for the A T L.........but I do love living here in the "Queen" city!!!! We don't want to be like Atlanta though.........right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City