Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2009, 11:25 PM

44 posts, read 85,067 times

Advertisements

"small towners need to stay in they place"
"stay in they place"
^lol.

im not telling you what attractions manhattan has to inform you, im telling you that manhattan's attractions are the reason tourists visit nyc. its not because of staten island or "jamaica avenue" where you and other hoodrats get ur rocafella jeans lol. nobody is going to travel 3423423 miles to visit a zoo in the hell hole that is bronx. they're going to travel for the empire state building, wall street and the attractions located in manhattan.
if you insist tho, google "top 10 nyc attractions" and tell me how many of those are in manhattan. most, if not all will be. you lose

Old 12-27-2009, 11:38 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,813,671 times
Grimaldi's is not in Manhattan..mmmm-- But I agree Manhattan seems to be the major place for us tourists to visit. You guys really do have the best pizza..not just a myth.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:38 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,092,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
2) A vast majority i'll give you that, manhattan is a part of my city im not going to get mad if somebody says that. It still doesnt stop the fact however that the boroughs get MILLIONS Of tourist each year. All have world class venues that MILLIONS visit each year. And each have a population of MILLIONs. So of course manhattan gets the lionshare of attention i know this, im just saying the boroughs aint no push over either. What part of this we're not seeming to understand
Do ppl read post or skim through them ll. Let me repeat myself by quoting myself

The bronx a hell-hole. I live in a gated community with a doorman. With a big park right next to my building. Ya a real big hellhole. This not the seventies any more. That tells me right there that u dont know what your talking about. The worst parts of the bronx arent any worst than that of manhattan,brooklyn and queens. Like everywhere the bx has its good and its bad. That goes without saying

And besides unless you live right in the heart of a big city, the bx has more going for it, a mere county smh

Old 12-27-2009, 11:57 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,885,718 times
You know what culture NJ arguably contributed, Rock and Roll. Gloucester city is often held as the birthplace of rock in roll, or at least one of the earliest places for it. Also, Drive in Movies are from Camden. Now, add some hamburgers and apple pie and you have your self a decent amount of classic American Culture right there.

Also, the word Moron was coined at the State School by Dr. Goddard here in Vineland

Old 12-27-2009, 11:58 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
1)The stuff that bronx kidd says is not common, neither in the city or on this board. Complaining about your borough or city is one thing. But downing new york in favor of california is blasphemy, period. No true new yorker would do that i dont care what anybody says

2) A vast majority i'll give you that, manhattan is a part of my city im not going to get mad if somebody says that. It still doesnt stop the fact however that the boroughs get MILLIONS Of tourist each year. All have world class venues that MILLIONS visit each year. And each have a population of MILLIONs. So of course manhattan gets the lionshare of attention i know this, im just saying the boroughs aint no push over either. What part of this we're not seeming to understand

3) I just was curious thats all. U got ppl from west bubble who hate on nyc. Not saying thats the case here, im just curious. Half ya dont even have a horse in the race, yet you quick to come in nyc threads
1) It is very common to hear negative comments from current or former residents of any area. Many former NYers do prefer California over NYC so you are wrong there. Whether you choose to believe it or not is yp to you. Denial helps some people get through the day.

2) NYC has, NYC & Company, the city's tourism and convention bureau. In 2004 the other 4 boroughs felt the need to start a joint promotional effort to draw in tourists. If they were getting millions of tourists I don't think they would have felt the need to do this. Please provide data showing these millions of tourists, I am very curious.

3) The thread is in the General U.S. forum and is open to anyone. Where is West Bubble anyway? I have never heard of that city.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Do ppl read post or skim through them ll. Let me repeat myself by quoting myself

The bronx a hell-hole. I live in a gated community with a doorman. With a big park right next to my building. Ya a real big hellhole. This not the seventies any more. That tells me right there that u dont know what your talking about. The worst parts of the bronx arent any worst than that of manhattan,brooklyn and queens. Like everywhere the bx has its good and its bad. That goes without saying

And besides unless you live right in the heart of a big city, the bx has more going for it, a mere county smh
LMAO@ "i live in a gated community with a doorman" yet you think jamaica avenue is a 'good shopping district'

WE DONT BELIEVE YOU, YOU NEED MORE PEOPLE

Old 12-28-2009, 12:12 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,092,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
1) It is very common to hear negative comments from current or former residents of any area. Many former NYers do prefer California over NYC so you are wrong there. Whether you choose to believe it or not is yp to you. Denial helps some people get through the day.

2) NYC has, NYC & Company, the city's tourism and convention bureau. In 2004 the other 4 boroughs felt the need to start a joint promotional effort to draw in tourists. If they were getting millions of tourists I don't think they would have felt the need to do this. Please provide data showing these millions of tourists, I am very curious.

3) The thread is in the General U.S. forum and is open to anyone. Where is West Bubble anyway? I have never heard of that city.
1) I understand that. Like what i said before, you can not like a borough but bronx kidd took it to another level. Thats just not what we do. Im sorry

2) the bx zoo gets about 2 million a year,Yankee stadium about 4 something ,it speaks for itself anyway thats the most historic franchisse in america, the ny botanical gets nearly a million. Thats the bronx alone

3)lmao thats exactly the point

Lol dude you quoted from brooklyn. And that doesnt make sense. I live in lafeyette estates. Im not lying. Jamaica ave is a good spot for sneakers and urban fashion. Anybody that gets fresh knows thats a good spot

Old 12-28-2009, 12:19 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
1) I understand that. Like what i said before, you can not like a borough but bronx kidd took it to another level. Thats just not what we do. Im sorry

2) the bx zoo gets about 2 million a year,Yankee stadium about 4 something ,it speaks for itself anyway thats the most historic franchisse in america, the ny botanical gets nearly a million. Thats the bronx alone

3)lmao thats exactly the point
What level did he take it to? What do you do?

The Bronx Zoo, Botanical gardens and Yankee Stadium get the majority of their visitors from within the city and close surrounding areas.
Calling them tourists is just fooling yourself.

And on #3 your point is that you don't think anyone from outside NYC should comment? Does that make any sense?

Old 12-28-2009, 12:21 AM

jamaica avenue = hoodrat.

how many of the visitors to those locations are from nyc? like you're ignoring the fact that nyc has 7+ million people, only natural to assume many of those residents account for the bulk of those "millions" of visitors you're claiming.

"top nyc attractions"

New York City Attractions - NYCtourist's Top Ten All-Time Favorite Attractions in New York City!

Top New York City Tourist Attractions - Most Popular Tourist Attractions in New York City

where is yankee stadium on these lists? bronx zoo? there is a zoo in central park, nobody wants to risk getting robbed wandering into bronx to see some caged animals, let alone travel across the country to go to a zoo. but im sure "jamaica ave" got the nice sean john snorkels, right? hahahah

Old 12-28-2009, 12:22 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,813,671 times
Fyi people not trying to start a riot, but California is filled with NYC ex- patrioits..and guess what? Californians are typically very laid back and not into City VS. City bickering..they welcome New Yorkers.. I was looking into renting a place in Chelsea a few months back, and people from my experience are way more territorial back East about where they live, and who lives around them..Just a personal observation. People in Southern California are too busy jogging, and doing yoga ect. to care about things like this... I do think the Bronx does take a beating by outside stereo type though.
New York like many other places now is made up of transplants, and they often decide what's cool..not the locals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City