Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2010, 04:07 PM

2,705 posts, read 8,272,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
The boroughs are for new yorkers, yet more ppl live here than any city in jersey. Yet the combined population of the four is almsot as great as your entire state

Queens as the most diverse county in America,maybe the world,it has many great eats.

The same way you cant avoid the bronx, is the same way new yorkers feel bout jersey when trekking it to other states. Theres nothing as bad in the bronx, like that stench we have to go through everytime we ride through jersey to get to the states

And to BP talk to the main JC booster here tommyc about that. Tell him to stop comparing it to brooklyn-park slope, soho, brownstones etc. Stop saying nnj speaks a variation of brooklynese lol. True story.

And LSP is not on the level of the Bronx zoo. The biggest metro zoo in the us,nycs premier world class venue of its kind.
Oh silly, silly KONY. Are you aware of the difference between suburbs and city? NJ = largely suburban. NYC = largely urban. Of course there will be lots of people there. That is NOT the measure of desirability. The one clearcut method of determining desirability of a place is by REAL ESTATE VALUES. IE, if more people are willing to pay a higher price, to live in one place over another.

When using this method, NJ is the clearcut winner, in terms of desirability.

If you can't wrap your head around this (and I'm not holding my breath), then I cannot help you.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:13 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,092,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Oh silly, silly KONY. Are you aware of the difference between suburbs and city? NJ = largely suburban. NYC = largely urban. Of course there will be lots of people there. That is NOT the measure of desirability. The one clearcut method of determining desirability of a place is by REAL ESTATE VALUES. IE, if more people are willing to pay a higher price, to live in one place over another.

When using this method, NJ is the clearcut winner, in terms of desirability.

If you can't wrap your head around this (and I'm not holding my breath), then I cannot help you.
The amount of people that live in the boroughs are impressive any way you slice it. And the boroughs have areas in the bronx,queens,brooklyn staten island just as nice as jersey on top of the urban center and grater cultural influence

This is not about desireability. Its about cultural influence

Old 01-04-2010, 04:15 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,089,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
The boroughs are for new yorkers, yet more ppl live here than any city in jersey. Yet the combined population of the four is almsot as great as your entire state

Queens as the most diverse county in America,maybe the world,it has many great eats.

The same way you cant avoid the bronx, is the same way new yorkers feel bout jersey when trekking it to other states. Theres nothing as bad in the bronx, like that stench we have to go through everytime we ride through jersey to get to the states

And to BP talk to the main JC booster here tommyc about that. Tell him to stop comparing it to brooklyn-park slope, soho, brownstones etc. Stop saying nnj speaks a variation of brooklynese lol. True story.

And LSP is not on the level of the Bronx zoo. The biggest metro zoo in the us,nycs premier world class venue of its kind.

More ranting.

Yeah, you got more people...and yet the only folks that want to visit are the ones that already live there...go figure.

I can't avoid the BX for family reasons, CERTAINLY not entertainment reasons. NYer's aren't going to any other states when they're shopping at our malls.

Yeah, I knew you'd bring up that zoo. And simply state: oh it's bigger than LSP. Your proof? Nothing (as usual)

But yet, I'll provide you a link (which I said I would) saying LSP is one of the most visited parks in the country.

http://www.folsp.org/pdf/2009_Walk_S...kage_Email.pdf

You do a lot of talking but you're never equipped with facts. What was your defense that one time: But come on

Old 01-04-2010, 04:19 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,089,392 times
The Top 10 Zoos in America | USA Travel Guide

Hmm, just found another list. This time it's a list of the top zoos in the US.

Mind you, KONY said BX is a premier zoo...right? So why couldn't it even make THIS list?

The answer is all the attractions (cultural or otherwise) aren't to America what it is to him.

edit: CONCLUSIVE QUESTION: How is one of the top-visited parks in the country not on the level of a zoo that doesn't even get an honorable mention?

Old 01-04-2010, 04:21 PM

If this argument was a court case, KONY and his borough cronies would lose, because they have not backed up anything with facts. NJ supporters have continuously provided facts, links, etc.

Case closed ... without sufficient evidence, the boroughs lose.

In summary...

NJ versus Long Island
NJ with a landslide victory

NJ versus the Bronx
NJ with the landslide victory

NJ versus the Outer Boroughs
NJ with the victory, due to insufficient factual evidence in support of boroughs

Old 01-04-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
The Top 10 Zoos in America | USA Travel Guide

Hmm, just found another list. This time it's a list of the top zoos in the US.

Mind you, KONY said BX is a premier zoo...right? So why couldn't it even make THIS list?

The answer is all the attractions (cultural or otherwise) aren't to America what it is to him.
LOL, good find.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:26 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,249,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post

And nah, the motion picture industry started in NJ. I've never seen so many people ignorantly deny something without any type of proof proving other wise.
Not sure if you were attacking me but your statement is wrong. Europeans like Louis Le Prince and Eadweard Muybridge created the first film, several years before Edison started working on it.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:27 PM

160 posts, read 498,949 times
"Culturally significant" as I mentioned before is very vauge. But in my opinon NNJ does offer, just as much, if not more than the outer boroughs in terms of desirable areas, nature, museums, restaurants, nightlife etc.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:29 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,734,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Let me pose this question to the people who are saying that the boroughs > NJ.

Why are there many, many, many more people from the BOROUGHS moving to NJ, (or wishing they could move to NJ), than the other way around?

Seriously. Why is that?

Why is the average home price in NJ higher than the average home price in the boroughs.

Seriously ... why is that?

Maybe because NJ is ... better?

Can somebody offer a different explanation?
gentrification.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:30 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,818,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Not sure if you were attacking me but your statement is wrong. Europeans like Louis Le Prince and Eadweard Muybridge created the first film, several years before Edison started working on it.
It wasn't towards you, I didn't even know you replied to that.
But I never said NJ was the fist place to create films, I specifically said NJ is the birth place of the motion picture industry, birthplace of motion picture - Google Search

While people are constantly twisting things, the pages grow longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City