Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2011, 12:10 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Denver, Phoenix, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, & Minneapolis (and others) can definently compete with The good and even the very good section.
Downtown Houston cannot compete with downtown New Orleans. Not even the least bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 12:19 AM

1,237 posts, read 1,948,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Pittsburgh has the most underrated downtown area I've ever been to. The green hills, the rivers, the bridges, the mix of new & old architecture. They have done amazing things with that town in the past 30 to 40 years. It's what Detroit could have been had anyone cared.
Awesome pic, awesome post. Pittsburgh's skyline is truly epic.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:58 AM

285 posts, read 437,736 times
MORE PICTURES OF DOWTOWN - LOS ANGELES

HSBC Building, S Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA (http://www.flickr.com/photos/25831000@N08/4521246419/ - broken link) by Xavier de Jauréguiberry (http://www.flickr.com/people/25831000@N08/ - broken link), on Flickr

Last edited by daortiz; 11-11-2011 at 01:18 AM..

Old 11-11-2011, 07:21 AM

83 posts, read 176,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Downtown Houston cannot compete with downtown New Orleans. Not even the least bit.
What how ghetto it is? It isn't mardi gras every day....

Old 11-11-2011, 08:12 AM

1,678 posts, read 3,737,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuBMaYNE View Post
What how ghetto it is? It isn't mardi gras every day....
Have you even been to New Orleans?

It's easily one of the most vibrant downtowns in the country.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
Have you even been to New Orleans?

It's easily one of the most vibrant downtowns in the country.
Yes I stayed with my Aunt last summer, and we strolled around downtown. Also I lived in Houston, and have been downtown numerous times, also Dallas as well. In my opinion, New Orleans isn't as good as either, and far more ghetto looking.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:21 AM

1,678 posts, read 3,737,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuBMaYNE View Post
Yes I stayed with my Aunt last summer, and we strolled around downtown. Also I lived in Houston, and have been downtown numerous times, also Dallas as well. In my opinion, New Orleans isn't as good as either, and far more ghetto looking.
Ghetto Looking?

Sure New Orleans has more older buildings but those condos you see in the Warehouse District and French Quarter are probably way out of your price range and are anything BUT.

Anyways while Downtown Houston and Dallas have improved, they still don't compare with the vibrancy and street level activity of New Orleans. Anyone who has actually been to both cities will attest to that.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
Ghetto Looking?

Sure New Orleans has more older buildings but those condos you see in the Warehouse District and French Quarter are probably way out of your price range and are anything BUT.

Anyways while Downtown Houston and Dallas have improved, they still don't compare with the vibrancy and street level activity of New Orleans. Anyone who has actually been to both cities will attest to that.
New Orleans does have more vibrancy and activity. But as far as how nice it is, activities, entertainment, structural appeal, etc.. I like Dallas and Houston a little bit more. Just because there's no people there doesn't mean the downtown isn't great, lol.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:03 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,490,401 times
Default Downtown MPLS

Minneapolis deserves to be high up on the rankings!

Minneapolis Downtown Council
Crystal Court « IDS Center
Warehouse District Business Association - Minneapolis, Minnesota
Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis - Things to Do - VirtualTourist

Old 11-11-2011, 12:49 PM

221 posts, read 484,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOut View Post
Portland, Minneapolis, and Denver belong above Baltimore. I fixed your list for you.
No, Minneapolis does not belong above Philadelphia or LA. I've never been to New Orleans, but from what I've gathered, Minneapolis doesn't belong above New Orleans either. I've only been through Baltimore a few times (never stopped in the city), so I don't really know, but you might have a point there. But as for the other cities I listed, you need to fix your list, especially in the case of Philadelphia. Have you ever been to Philadelphia? I'm guessing you haven't. I think you have a bad case of "homerism."

Last edited by JmanAA; 11-11-2011 at 01:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City