Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather live?
Santa Monica 35 63.64%
Miami Beach 20 36.36%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 11:53 AM
R66

145 posts, read 419,685 times

Advertisements

Nice vid Nolan of Stiltsville....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 12:08 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R66 View Post
If you are heterosexual male reading this. My personal opinion, I think Miami is easier to meet and know women. LA women seem so hard to meet. LA women always walking fast, on the cell, work, work, work seems he goal in life. I recall 3 months ago while visiting friends in LA staying in Marina del Rey.... drove up to SF Valley. Off Hazeltine the old Fashion Square mall. Different name now. I went in, walked around, sat upstairs in restaurant area coffeee shop. Took a seat to people watch, work on Laptop. So many Persian people! Well off minorites from Iran, Iraq, Jordan, etc. I saw a lot of women but they seemed unaproachable. Mother's with their daughters, and the kid was yacking on the cell wearing designer clothes made in Europe. I feel so sorry for the dudes who marry women like this. I cannot imagine being married to a woman like this.

Either way, for 40+ single men in SoFL or SoCal, meeting attractive, intelligent women not easy!
Really enjoy reading your comments

You mention in one of your lists that Cuba is 45 minutes from Miami [but can a person go to Cuba from America?]. We fly to San Juan from Miami & it takes forever [almost 3 hours].

My experience with LA women is limited yet successful but I understand the attitude thing especially in Sherman Oaks Galleria. If you don't have wheels it can restrict the time w/ girls unless they have a car. Normally we take in the cinema & lock lips in the back

In San Juan its estas buena in the park!

Old 02-26-2010, 12:20 PM

403 posts, read 1,394,232 times
Santa Monica. Not only is there much more, but it brings LA to the table, which absolutely dominates Miami. I'm not really a fan of Miami.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:23 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,390,841 times
Live, Santa Monica, although I'm not a fan. Couldn't see myself living in Miami. But I would NEVER recommend LA or Santa Monica as a place to vacation. Go to Santa Barbara, Newport Beach or San Diego. Miami Beach, however, seems like a real tourist destination.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:36 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,574,394 times
The thing that awes you, wows you, is the beautiful waters of Biscayne Bay and the Gulfstream waters of the Atlantic Ocean,those two bodies of water are gorgeous.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:20 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
Live, Santa Monica, although I'm not a fan. Couldn't see myself living in Miami. But I would NEVER recommend LA or Santa Monica as a place to vacation. Go to Santa Barbara, Newport Beach or San Diego. Miami Beach, however, seems like a real tourist destination.
Why not?

Old 02-26-2010, 05:21 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,390,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Why not?
Ugly, concrete jungle with smog. If you are interested in beaches, go to Santa Barbara, Carmel, San Diego, Newport Beach. If you are interested in cities, go to San Francisco, Seattle, or Vancouver on the west coast. If you are interested in non-beach outdoors, go to Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, etc. Santa Monica isn't very pretty, doesn't have that much going on, and is stuck in LA which blows.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:25 PM

353 posts, read 816,467 times
Quote:
Ugly, concrete jungle with smog. If you are interested in beaches, go to Santa Barbara, Carmel, San Diego, Newport Beach. If you are interested in cities, go to San Francisco, Seattle, or Vancouver on the west coast. If you are interested in non-beach outdoors, go to Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, etc. Santa Monica isn't very pretty, doesn't have that much going on, and is stuck in LA which blows.
well, if you don't like it there why do you live there?

Old 02-26-2010, 05:39 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times
Quote:
Are you being for real?

Old 02-26-2010, 08:43 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,574,394 times

YouTube - Millionaire's row
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City