Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2010, 01:26 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCnative1990 View Post
Miami dress like Cali and Chicago dress like a mix of NY and Detroit.
Ahh I see what you mean, I have heard Miami compared to LA as well, and I can see how Chicago is like NY and Detroit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 02:14 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,616,432 times
I'm suprised no one said Boston! Lots of well dressed people there.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:28 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,099,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
LOL why are people sleeping on Miami so much? Miami is one of the best dressed cities in the country. Real talk, let's get out of the hood for a minute and compare say a place like Atlanta and Miami. If you compare the wealthy folks of Atlanta to the wealthy folks of Miami, Miami shyts on Atlanta...
Sandy Springs 9th-most affluent U.S. community

It's funny that your using Atlanta as whiping boy, I wouldn't put Atlanta up with Miami but seriously dude wrong city for that, your talking as if Atlanta is Nashville, Memphis or something. Largely because of buckhead and etc all most 1/5 of the households in Atlanta proper have a $1 million or more in investable assets. As far as suburbs go Sandy Spring GA is the 2nd most affluent area in the south, Palm beach FL may be the first I don’t know. I give the edge to MIA because it’s more a playground for the rich. Miami is above but it dosen't "shyts on Atlanta"

Old 05-14-2010, 02:39 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,402,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCnative1990 View Post
Miami dress like Cali and Chicago dress like a mix of NY and Detroit.
how do Detroit people dress?

Old 05-14-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7cities View Post
But best dressed cities are:

DC
NY
ATL
LA
lmao dc peopel always claim they dress better then ny,ers even doe they never have no type of national view of having the best fashion. where as new yorkers do

and also cut the crap i go to pg 3 times a year and often stop at dc each visit , pg is my second home , yall aint touching nyc , get a life.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
I don't claim to know everything about Rap.R&B/hip hop is more my flavor.But I know if I did not know anything and I just looked at the top 100 hip hop songs right now(and over the last 10 years).MORE than half the artist are from the South.The Top 50 is dominated by the likes of T.I.,Ludacris,B.O.B.,Lil Wayne,Usher, Deuce Poppi,Ciara,Young Money,Yung Jeezy,Gucci Mane,Timberland,So you tell me who would appear who is running what?

Also I do listen to the radio to know that Fab,(Cameron?)(,Vado?) are not that big in other areas of the country like they are in New York(Northeast)>but Southern artist are every where(Regardless if its good or not).
to bad more then half those people cant make music for their lives. this is what i mean southern people dont know about hip hop they are in the spotlight cause the hip hop they are producing is in style now , and just want to run with it.

why arent their any real southern artist on your list. j cole , jay electronica are 2 real people from the south and off coarse their real music gets no type of play. but a wack song like lil john , snap yo fingaz will get so much play

Old 05-14-2010, 02:53 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,692,696 times
People in LA and NYC dress the most fashionable as well as diverse in the USA.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:54 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,692,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Sandy Springs 9th-most affluent U.S. community

It's funny that your using Atlanta as whiping boy, I wouldn't put Atlanta up with Miami but seriously dude wrong city for that, your talking as if Atlanta is Nashville, Memphis or something. Largely because of buckhead and etc all most 1/5 of the households in Atlanta proper have a $1 million or more in investable assets. As far as suburbs go Sandy Spring GA is the 2nd most affluent area in the south, Palm beach FL may be the first I don’t know. I give the edge to MIA because it’s more a playground for the rich. Miami is above but it dosen't "shyts on Atlanta"
affluence and taste are two different things. people in Atlanta are too stuck on the cargo shorts and polo look and there isn't alot of individuality.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:12 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,788,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7cities View Post
This Regional beef mess in hip hop is really played out. A lot of it started with NY heads and that elitist attitude they can have at times, but I think they have been humbled over the years that they have had to take a back seat and realize the country doesnt revolve around NY music. But it seems like everyone is starting to collaborate more and reach out to all regions. Should be good for the future of the art.

But the South has been running things no matter how you slice and dice it. Rap is nothing but Dboy/Trap rap now and thats all south.
Could not have said it better.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Could not have said it better.
actually no the south is dying as we speak as the northeast is making a very progressive comeback take a look at the new artist coming out.

and also can someone explain to me why southern artist barely ever have careers, and i am speaking on the new one in the southern tip of hip hop now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City