Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2010, 03:19 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,788,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
New York
Los Angeles
Miami
Chicago
San Francisco
Atlanta

I mean c'mon be honest, if were talking about cities as a whole, this would be my list...
This is my list:
New York-fashion,celebrities
L.A.-celebrities,fashion
San Fran -gay -gay,Asian dress well(Japanese,Korean)
Atlanta-gay gay,celebrities
Miami-The best dressed people come out for winter.Miami has no real winter
Chicago-not sure but ,don't see it
Philly-to blue-collar to be well dressed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 03:20 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,692,696 times
I curious as to what exactly the south has been running culturally?

Old 05-14-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
This is my list:
New York-fashion,celebrities
L.A.-celebrities,fashion
San Fran -gay -gay,Asian dress well(Japanese,Korean)
Atlanta-gay gay,celebrities
Miami-The best dressed people come out for winter.Miami has no real winter
Chicago-not sure but ,don't see it
Philly-to blue-collar to be well dressed

gay gay..for SF yes but for for Atlanta no... hmm the gays there pretty much wear cargo shorts and polo or t shirts, just go to blakes or burkharts or hangout at zocalo on a sunday and you'll see for yourself.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
actually no the south is dying as we speak as the northeast is making a very progressive comeback take a look at the new artist coming out.

and also can someone explain to me why southern artist barely ever have careers, and i am speaking on the new one in the southern tip of hip hop now.
They are good no doubt about it,But they are not sticking around either.Show me the national charts where the Northeast artist are getting the most play across the nation.You can't its a fact that if it dont have that SOuth vibe,it ain't getting NO kinda traction. Drake is hot,but he is on Cash Money label(not from NYC).
T.I.
Ludacris
Young Jeezy
Gucci Mane
Lil Wayne
Rick Ross
these are some of the biggest in the game and they all have and they have had more than One album.Why are those not careers?So what are you talking about?

Old 05-14-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
gay gay..for SF yes but for for Atlanta no... hmm the gays there pretty much wear cargo shorts and polo or t shirts, just go to blakes or burkharts or hangout at zocalo on a sunday and you'll see for yourself.
All gay people do not go to gay bars.I have gay friends that go to same places I do.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
All gay people do not go to gay bars.I have gay friends that go to same places I do.
I mentioned bars/clubs because people usually dress up more when they go out and if not those then go to the annual out and equal event or the inman park festival or go to piedmont park on a weekend.... individuality/uniqueness or being forward in fashion is not Atlanta's strong suit, I hope you can at least admit that.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:44 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,089,126 times
Quote:
They are good no doubt about it,But they are not sticking around either.Show me the national charts where the Northeast artist are getting the most play across the nation.You can't its a fact that if it dont have that SOuth vibe,it ain't getting NO kinda traction. Drake is hot,but he is on Cash Money label(not from NYC).
T.I.
Ludacris
Young Jeezy
Gucci Mane
Lil Wayne
Rick Ross
these are some of the biggest in the game and they all have and they have had more than One album.Why are those not careers?So what are you talking about?
what are u talking about the last big song was about nyc and it didnt sound like anything in the south

Old 05-14-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
I curious as to what exactly the south has been running culturally?
Black Culture=American Culture
History-Martin Luther King Jr ,Rosa Parks etc...
Media-The nations on late night black talk show Moniquie
Rainforest Films
Music-Bithplace of Jazz,Rock,R&B,Gospel,Country Western
Tyler Perry Studios-The ONLY black owned studio in North America
The Atlanta University Center(A.U.C.)The largest consortium of black colleges in North America(Morehouse,Spelman,Clark- Atlanta,Morris Brown,ITC)

Old 05-14-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
I mentioned bars/clubs because people usually dress up more when they go out and if not those then go to the annual out and equal event or the inman park festival or go to piedmont park on a weekend.... individuality/uniqueness or being forward in fashion is not Atlanta's strong suit, I hope you can at least admit that.
No its not but it not lagging way behind either

Old 05-14-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
No its not but it not lagging way behind either

I never said Atlanta is lagging behind, it's middle of the road. It's just not a "fashion" city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City