Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2010, 11:07 PM

96 posts, read 192,797 times

Advertisements

To

nycricanpapi

Uh no i think you may have misunderstood me if so no blame in you what i was saying is many people in many different big cites now days seem to be foreighners i was not saying new york just by itself.

But what i will say is there seem to be way more there then any other place in america and i think any american with since and brains would admit that.

Yes ok so i am the bad guy i went to new york twice and hated it the experience was not for me and a dozen of buddies and friends of mine all share the same feeling.

Point i was trying to make was the country is so spread out now days and all cities now days have there own advantages to theme to where when one goes there or millions go there which they do they have much more fun than new york city whether you agree or not it is the truth of the matter.

If you travel like i do which i could say is pretty constantly in my life from city here to city there you seem to get better service in different cities and much better attitudes depending on where you go in i think alot of people on city data would agree i just went to seattle last summer and i had a blast compared to new york that is just me though.

You have millions of americans that do not even ackwnowledge new york for what it is even though it may be the capital city for financial and other things i think you are missing my point people now days who have money to travel and when i say people i mean lots of people travel to other places because they have no burning desire to go to new york they have no interest in it.

In yes same for the whole time squar bit you take that out there is nothing really exciting to me about it i mean never the less even the broadway shows and what not millions of people dont even care for that stuff or even time squar they can go to vegas round the clock and have tripple the fun and not be over crowded.

Anyways there are so many cities now days in the united states that to me and if you did a very thourough survey would see people value much more than new york.

If you go to certain parts of the country that make up alot of our population through states you will notice people dont even talk about new york people who live in michigan and thene you here they go to san francisco five times a year and chicago.

I understand this whole thread is about things that new york does not have but if you want to call me one of the trolls and get on me for bashing it.

I did not start it but i will finish it if you come at me that way because truth be told we live in a society now days where other cities kick ass over new york with many things to do that are so fun you are litterly are depressed you have to leave and go back to reality our lives.

I myself have been to chicago four times and i love it compared to new york to me there is more way more to do there than new york but once again that is my oppinion in i think millions of others see it that way to.

Matter of fact that is a loosing argument to think there are not millions who dont think that way towards new york and what it has to offer.

Last edited by rosebud17; 12-14-2010 at 11:16 PM..

Old 12-14-2010, 11:15 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,322,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Where TF did California come from?

Just like there's dead looking trees in winter there's brown crap in Cali too, especially inland. And of course you add "marijuana" to sound cool on "City-Data", probably not even about no marijuana lmfao. Where is it growing anyways? Someone's basement or backyard?

I'll be the first to admit that I hate winter and the brown but you act like there's no evergreens in NY. Still sucks.

I love Cali too but damn why are you mad tho?
omg you caught me i wanted to sound cool on this forum. i actually woke up hoping i'd get a chance to show someone here how cool my text sounds today.
enjoy your shtty rainy summers and armpit humid heat. perpetual summertime sunshine and dry heat >>>

Old 12-14-2010, 11:21 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,322,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlyman View Post

They can have their hot dog stands on big sidewalks up in New York City. I'd rather have the abundance of pho beef noodle houses here in Houston. Westminster, CA and Houston are the two best cities for Vietnamese beef noodle soup (the stuff in San Fran Bay area just doesn't compare in my opinion). Walking around NY Chinatown, couldn't find a pho place...so we stumbled across nearby Little Italy and ate Italian instead. I'm sure there's pho somewhere in NYC and its boroughs but I'm not holding my breath.
LOL@ being upset at not finding vietnamese soup in china town.
i bet you'd be disappointed looking for spanish food in little italy too right? smh
nyc food offering > houston

Old 12-14-2010, 11:52 PM

1,092 posts, read 2,171,887 times
nycricanpapi, that's the precisely the point! I've been giving New York City a chance to impress me, but it fails every time. In 1978, when the city was really a crappy dump, I went, "what the hell the hell I do?" "I was in this rat-race where it was so filthy and filled with thugs nothing to do but mug people and give them a hard time". I settle over to this steakhouse/bar called Max's Kansas City, and I ran into some cool people like Debbie Harry of the Blondie which was her hang out. I didn't know that she was a famous musician that time. She was a stand up, friendly lady who cheered me because I was telling everyone, "what the heck I got myself into?" I was stuck there for a loooong week, and the ticket back home was so expensive to change. A few nights later, I decided to head over to Studio 54, and to my surprise, I was let in by one of the owner, I guess his name was Steve Rubell, who was hanging the door from time to time. He felt for me because I told him I was going nuts, and I had nothing to do but wanted to go straight home. People were so cool at the club that it provided a temporary relief for me in an otherwise hellhole. I commend New York people for that!

I went to New York again in 1983 to visit a friend. This time, New York was on a upswing. I was starting to think this city may not be so bad in the near future. I saw the Macy's Day parade with my friend. However, I was still down on this city because it was still dirty and crime ridden, albeit not as bad as the 1970's, yet.

In 1988, I once again went to New York, this time for business. I was so appaulled that this city was going to the dogs with sky-high homicide rates and bum/homeless people everywhere in the city. The city was so run-down that I vowed to never return to this rotten city.

In 1998, after I heard from everyone that Mayor Gulliani cleaned up the city and got rid of the thugs that terrorized the city. Everyone told me please check out this city, and I will like it. I went there, and I was somewhat impressed, but they still had a looooong way to go where I'd to come to the this city again and enjoy it. Still, I was bored after 1 day because even though the city's improved somewhat, the city lost its cool scene the had back in 1970's. What a classic yin and the yang situation. The city's a pit, but the scene is cool. The city is better off but the scene is no good. Can't they have both at the same time? I guess New York never gets it right. One step forward and two steps back.

Finally, I went to New York for the last time last summer. I realize that this city is better than Chicago, LA or SF. I still get bored after a short walk in this city. Look, I don't care about Times Sq. which is a tourist trap. I don't care about 5th Ave which shopping can be found in any city. Upper East/West side, just a boring upscale enclave like you have in all cities. Then I'm left with just Grenwich Village/West Village, Soho and Tribeca. They're ok neighborhoods but nothing special. What am I gonna do? hangout at pubs/bars and restaurants? You can do that anywhere. I recommend Boise, Id. since you see way more hot women at bars there than at bars in Manhattan. You see, I've been giving this city ample chances to impress me, and it failed miserably. So, gimme a fricken break!

Old 12-14-2010, 11:54 PM

Correction on #834, I realize that this city in no better than Chicago, LA or SF.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:57 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,922 times
I smell multiple accounts.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:15 AM

What other cities have and New York doesn't:

San Francisco: Golden Gate bridge, cable cars, Trans America building and Alcatraz

Seattle: Natural scenery, space needle and Music experience museum

LA: Good climate, mountains, Hollywood and Hollywood sign, Watts towers, Man's Chinese theater
and Disneyland

New Orleans: French Quarter, bayou, the blues, southern hospitality and original cajon cooking

The jokes on you New Yorkers who think the city has everything other cities have. The most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. Even San Jose, CA is better than New York.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:46 AM

848 posts, read 2,127,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
LOL@ being upset at not finding vietnamese soup in china town.
i bet you'd be disappointed looking for spanish food in little italy too right? smh
nyc food offering > houston
Defensive are we? Can't find some good Viet cafes in NYC and all of a sudden:

"nyc food offering>houston"

So how about quality of life since we can get on a tangent:

Houston Quality of Life>NYC

Oh, by the way, no one disputes NY's food offerings (if its residents can afford them)...but Houston is still top 5 or 6 in the USA. NYC food critic John Mariani usually has Houston somewhere there.

Quality of life? I don't think NYC even makes top 20.

Kiplinger.com

N.Y.C. so costly you need to earn six figures to make middle class

Old 12-15-2010, 08:21 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,324,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
omg you caught me i wanted to sound cool on this forum. i actually woke up hoping i'd get a chance to show someone here how cool my text sounds today.
enjoy your shtty rainy summers and armpit humid heat. perpetual summertime sunshine and dry heat >>>
Idgaf what you feel, go enjoy that sht and leave me TF alone.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:31 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,696,554 times
Durf and rosebud and many others are hating on NYC. This thread is what other cities have something that NYC does not have, is not What cities are better than NYC? This thread clearly shows that everybody hates on NYC, and that in fact NYC is the best city in the world. Now for all the haters on here, you all should check this thread https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...yc-haters.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City