Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 06:30 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,373,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Your social math skills stink, but that's hardly surprising given your very memorable past posts, notably IMO regarding Tamir Rice.

Given the toll, both in mortality and economically, on African Americans of the COVID-19 crisis and indisputable examples of police brutality against African Americans, it's understandable why African Americans and a majority of Americans overall now demand respect for their woes. Black lives do matter, whether you like the movement or not.

This is not to excuse property destruction and looting, shootings, etc.

When we create cesspools of human despair, compounded by the easy availability of guns, what do you think will be the consequences?
I get it you hate Trump. I get it you’re a progressive liberal. But don’t try and tell me that BLM is not a bunch of bull****. You totally ignored what I said regarding the facts presented. .
Black lives matter only when a black person is killed by a white cop. It’s a dog and pony show in an election year. Why don’t you go shop in Mount Pleasant? Why won’t you go shopping in Buckeye Woodhill? Why won’t you shop on E. 93rd st?
Until the black community stands up for itself , all the rest is just fluff and rhetoric. When the neighborhoods feel safe for all colors to visit without getting robbed then maybe things can change.
I suppose you’re feeling that white guilt.
We had eight years of a black President. Why didn’t things change then? What happened to your hope and change? I’ll just leave it there. I’m not getting into a pissing match with you we can just agree to disagree.
And for your last sentence. “When we create cesspools of human despair “ wtf you talking about? Who is “we”? Don’t you think people should take responsibility for their actions ? Did “We” create 75% of black families with No father? Think about that. 75% of black children in America don’t have a father figure. Fact. You don’t think that creates human cesspools of despair and poverty? Have a nice day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2020, 07:46 AM
on3

498 posts, read 383,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNQ20 View Post
Well, I've seen ANTIFA live and person in Portland, Washington DC, and Philadelphia. Not sure who would acknowledge actual leadership but there were people directing on May 30, unless they're disguised Boogaloo members.

So, no, not everyone on the left is ANTIFA just like not everyone on the right is Boogaloo. Boy the Boogaloo sure was a swingin' dance back in the '60s; good Saturday morning kids show as well. Shame to see such a fun name association ruined by racists.

I read that the man involved in the Seattle incident was arrested but hadn't read anything on his ID and KKK affilation. Gotta be an old man by now though if was a former KKK member.
My earliest recollection of the boogaloo was when it was mentioned on an Eazy-E song called Still Talking.

(I knew him when he was knee-high)
He still is knee-high, mother****er
(Yeah, I like that part—bring that **** back one more time, Maestro)
That's that old Z.Z. Hill, huh? Ha ha ha
I tell ya, boy, I can do the Mashed Potato, what can you do?
(Mother****er I can do the boogaloo, I can do the boogaloo)
Boogaloo!? That old **** been played out back in 1967
(Man, **** you; **** you)

lol

Old 06-11-2020, 09:08 AM

4,520 posts, read 5,093,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
I get it you hate Trump. I get it you’re a progressive liberal. But don’t try and tell me that BLM is not a bunch of bull****. You totally ignored what I said regarding the facts presented. .
Black lives matter only when a black person is killed by a white cop. It’s a dog and pony show in an election year. Why don’t you go shop in Mount Pleasant? Why won’t you go shopping in Buckeye Woodhill? Why won’t you shop on E. 93rd st?
Until the black community stands up for itself , all the rest is just fluff and rhetoric. When the neighborhoods feel safe for all colors to visit without getting robbed then maybe things can change.
I suppose you’re feeling that white guilt.
We had eight years of a black President. Why didn’t things change then? What happened to your hope and change? I’ll just leave it there. I’m not getting into a pissing match with you we can just agree to disagree.
And for your last sentence. “When we create cesspools of human despair “ wtf you talking about? Who is “we”? Don’t you think people should take responsibility for their actions ? Did “We” create 75% of black families with No father? Think about that. 75% of black children in America don’t have a father figure. Fact. You don’t think that creates human cesspools of despair and poverty? Have a nice day
Why is BLM a hate group and full of bulls***? The fact of black-on-black crime is not relevant here; community groups, prominent Black leaders and others address these issues every day. Yes it's a problem. But let's not deflect from the fact that cops and other white individuals (as in the Travon Martin and Ahmaud Awbrey cases, among others) are slaying innocent African Americans and getting away with it... How about 12-year-old Tamir Rice murdered by Tim Lohman in 1.2 seconds, whereby Lohman was a dangerous, incompetent cop fired from the Independence PD then hired by CPD, ... and Tim McGinty and Cleveland prosecutors DIDN'T EVEN BRING CHARGES AGAINST HIM.

What about the innocent, UNARMED couple (Williams, their full names escape me at the moment) in 2012 who were driving past the Justice Center in an old car the backfires, causing an absurd 120-cop car high-speed chase through the East Side to a school parking lot in East Cleveland where the couple died after being fired upon by 12+ cops in a hail of 144 bullets? Again, no charges filed...

... And now George Floyd, who we're lucky enough someone had the courage and foresight to cellphone video, otherwise Chauvin and his chronies would have liked/covered up their murderous crime. And you're demonize Black Lives Matter? A group whose name emphasizes their purpose -- to finally, finally get the larger white society, loaded with insitutionalised racism, to understand that African American lives are equal to everybody else's lives...

The fact that so many white people young and old (as indicated by the 75-year-old Buffalo, NY gentleman viciously assaulted by local overly-militarized cops just for peacefully protesting) around the WORLD are engaged, protesting and are in total simpatico with BLM ... doesn't that mean anything to you?

Old 06-11-2020, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
Why is BLM a hate group and full of bulls***? The fact of black-on-black crime is not relevant here; community groups, prominent Black leaders and others address these issues every day. Yes it's a problem. But let's not deflect from the fact that cops and other white individuals (as in the Travon Martin and Ahmaud Awbrey cases, among others) are slaying innocent African Americans and getting away with it... How about 12-year-old Tamir Rice murdered by Tim Lohman in 1.2 seconds, whereby Lohman was a dangerous, incompetent cop fired from the Independence PD then hired by CPD, ... and Tim McGinty and Cleveland prosecutors DIDN'T EVEN BRING CHARGES AGAINST HIM.

What about the innocent, UNARMED couple (Williams, their full names escape me at the moment) in 2012 who were driving past the Justice Center in an old car the backfires, causing an absurd 120-cop car high-speed chase through the East Side to a school parking lot in East Cleveland where the couple died after being fired upon by 12+ cops in a hail of 144 bullets? Again, no charges filed...

... And now George Floyd, who we're lucky enough someone had the courage and foresight to cellphone video, otherwise Chauvin and his chronies would have liked/covered up their murderous crime. And you're demonize Black Lives Matter? A group whose name emphasizes their purpose -- to finally, finally get the larger white society, loaded with insitutionalised racism, to understand that African American lives are equal to everybody else's lives...

The fact that so many white people young and old (as indicated by the 75-year-old Buffalo, NY gentleman viciously assaulted by local overly-militarized cops just for peacefully protesting) around the WORLD are engaged, protesting and are in total simpatico with BLM ... doesn't that mean anything to you?
I have no argument with what you said. Bad cops should be weeded out of police departments. And prosecuted to the fullest of the law when they commit crimes. But to suggest defunding police departments and not supporting the 99% of police that do a good job of serving and protecting , it’s just ridiculous.
No race or religion has a monopoly on racism. In my opinion a large part of the country is painting a picture of racism with a very broad brush. Pointing fingers and shaming people with white guilt Is unbelievable .

Old 06-11-2020, 11:47 AM

2,814 posts, read 2,279,917 times
Looks like it's time for a "this thread has derailed" gif.

We're obviously in a very uncertain moment with CoVID, economic recession and social unrest over race. But I still think it is more likely the looting of last weekend was a temporary setback and longer term cities will continue to revitalize. Cleveland will probably never be a middle class family city again. But I suspect we will continue to see yuppies move back into city cores and suburbanites come downtown to socialize once we get passed corona virus

Old 06-11-2020, 12:11 PM

4,520 posts, read 5,093,240 times
Quote:
I have no argument with what you said. Bad cops should be weeded out of police departments. And prosecuted to the fullest of the law when they commit crimes. But to suggest defunding police departments and not supporting the 99% of police that do a good job of serving and protecting , it’s just ridiculous.
No race or religion has a monopoly on racism. In my opinion a large part of the country is painting a picture of racism with a very broad brush. Pointing fingers and shaming people with white guilt Is unbelievable .
No you're right about that: bigotry of all kind, including against our LGBT brothers and sisters, should be rooted out and African Americans, just like Jews, Native Americans, Armenians, etc, etc, and many other subgroup members, do not have a monopoly on oppression and hatred. But it has been true in this country, that African Americans have been singled out especially for oppression, and most recently, outright murder by cops especially. ie the fact that those 2 hillbilly racist yayhoos in Georgia gunned down innocent jogger Ahmaud Arbery and we walking around free for nearly 3 months while prosecutors did NOTHING rubs salt in the wound and tends to prove BLM right (and now we have video evidence of the shooter spewing the N-Word over Mr. Arbery's prone, dying body).

And many people, Blacks, whites, Asians, and many others, have been outraged by this ... that's why you're seeing marches over the Floyd murder in such unlikely places as Salt Lake City, Medina, Brecksville, Berlin, Brussels ... all over the world. Good people who are well meaning saying, this has got to stop...

and btw, I have no sympathy or tolerance for the wayward property damagers (OK, sure I don't mind seeing a few cop cars go up in flames -- the cops lit the virtual fire under this mess to begin with), looters, whoever they are, who are merely riding on the pain and outrage of the legit protesters, to do their devilish thing... these fools must be brought to justice.

Old 06-20-2020, 09:47 AM

Artists Will paint a black lives matter Mural on E. 93rd St. in Cleveland.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cle...outputType=amp

And then LAST NIGHT on E. 93rd St. in Cleveland

Do black lives really matter in Cleveland? According to the homicide statistics in Cleveland black lives really don’t matter much.
(The News article below is only two weeks old)
https://www.cleveland19.com/2020/06/...red-last-year/

Old 06-20-2020, 11:22 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,434,904 times
Is there a street worse than E 93 in all Cleveland?

Old 06-20-2020, 11:24 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,434,904 times
3 weeks later and only Corner Alley is open on E 4 street. Very depressing down there. Really very little happening on the east side of downtown. Warehouse District and especially the Flats are pretty normal/active now though. The east end really suffers from no sports and shows and concerts.

Old 06-21-2020, 09:34 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,440,463 times
Quote:
Artists Will paint a black lives matter Mural on E. 93rd St. in Cleveland.

And then LAST NIGHT on E. 93rd St. in Cleveland

Do black lives really matter in Cleveland? According to the homicide statistics in Cleveland black lives really don’t matter much.
(The News article below is only two weeks old)
https://www.cleveland19.com/2020/06/...red-last-year/
That's mighty privileged of you. Dude, you don't care about black lives either all you're doing is using the black murders and the recent uprisings to back up your political talking points. Also, all races do crime to people that they're closest to not just black people. The media just sensationalizes black tragedies more. That's not an East Side problem or a West Side problem just like that's not just a Cleveland problem. Have you ever participated in any anti-violence rallies or joined organizations committed to curbing violence in Cleveland? Do you volunteer in things involving kids?

Last edited by QCongress83216; 06-21-2020 at 10:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland