Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 10:48 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,373,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
The Floyd murder absolutely is about race, and it doesn't have to just be about cops killing ... or killing at all. It's a system of white privilege/white supremacy at issue. Ahmaud Arbery wasn't killed by cops (well, the stupid dad was an ex-cop but that doesn't count), he was an innocent, unarmed jogger murdered - lynched, actually -- by 2 redneck racist yayhoos (who do I say racist? b/c the stupid son was caught on video yelling the N-word over Ahmaud's fallen body)... It's systemic racism because, even despite the video evidence which was in the hands of the police, and public several weeks later, it took 3 months! for an arrest to be made after public outcry, and 3 DA's refusing to even press charges. You don't think race had anything to do with it?

That horrible woman, Amy Cooper, sought to weaponize her white privilege to harm Christian Cooper (no relation), a Black man who, btw, happened to be a peaceful birdwatcher ... and a Harvard grad! (much smarter than the stupid Amy who was, thankfully, fired from her corporate job as a result). She KNEW the cop bias against African American men so she played on it to try and have Christian arrested, beaten ... or even possibly killed -- by police. Thankfully these NY cops were both late and, apparently, level-headed. But it's the SYSTEM that Cooper, and other wrong-headed white individuals, seek to weaponize against African American people.

And as for the constant conservative white refrain of: 'well what about Black-on-Black crime?' Fact is, per FBI long-standing statistics, the vast majority of crime perps victimize people in their own community, meaning usually, their own race. So it's mostly white-on-white, Asian-on-Asian (more often Korean-on-Korean, often with knives), Black-on-Black, Jew-on-Jew, etc...
There is a percentage of racists in all colorS and religionS. It’s not acceptable in 2020.
However No race or religion has a Monopoly on racism.
The unchecked rioting and looting diminishes any good cause.
Now this? These people have Lost their freaking mind. They don’t want an end to systematic racism, they want anarchy, chaos and defunding of police.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/disrn.c...ed-the-kkk/amp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2020, 11:30 AM

4,520 posts, read 5,093,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
There is a percentage of racists in all colorS and religionS. It’s not acceptable in 2020.
However No race or religion has a Monopoly on racism.
The unchecked rioting and looting diminishes any good cause.
Now this? These people have Lost their freaking mind. They don’t want an end to systematic racism, they want anarchy, chaos and defunding of police.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/disrn.c...ed-the-kkk/amp
I never said African American's have a monopoly on race discrimination. But I am saying race discrimination against African American's is a major issue -- obviously anti-Muslim/Arab and the scourge of antisemitism is still strong (Tree of Life Synagogue)... Some white people are grumbling, but the fact that America has honored/is honoring, Confederate generals in public monuments and military bases. These men were Treasonous, Terrorist traitors who took up arms against the United States for the cause of enslaving human beings and their bigoted 'cause' led to an American Civil War that cost nearly 700K people their lives, including the great Abraham Lincoln... Do you think Jews would stand for statues of Hitler, Goebbels or Mengele? And what's even worse is the fact that taxpayer dollars are supporting these hideous symbols on top of supporting the racist Confederate Flag. And Tennessee even went a step further by hosting a large bust in their capitol rotunda of Nathan Bedford Forrest, the founder of the KKK in addition to be a terrorist traitors. And, then, you see a Tamir Rice, an Eric Garner or a George Floyd (the last of which was the only one of the 3 even tried)... Such this is a small sample size. With such racial audacity and you wonder why Black people are angry? ... or why they have millions of supporters of other races, many of them white, around the world????

I agreed with you, the looting is stupid, but it should not diminish the cause because the organizers of the protests are not only NOT looters, or even vandals, they've made clear their aim is Peaceful Protest in the vein of MLK. That insidious opportunist come in and usurp the cause with this wanton violence and looting is unfortunate. However, I do understand some of the property damage based on frustration of the continuance of racism, often expressed violently, against African Americans. For example, I have no problem in seeing the Wendy's burned down in Atlanta (Wendy's people called the cops in the first place for a mere man sleeping in his car n the drive-through) or a few cop cars outside the Justice Center go up in flames. America is a country founded on violence, and I include the horrendous Civil War...

Old 06-22-2020, 12:44 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,440,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
I have no qualms with your first paragraph.

“Your group” not sure what you are assuming here.
I belong to a block watch.
And when 6.5% of the population commits 55% of America’s homicides , of course police will profile.
The tragic murder of George Floyd should have never been about race in the first place.
Your chances of getting struck by lightning as a black man , are greater than you ever getting killed by a white cop.
That's no excuse to profile anyone because white people commit most of the mass shootings but no one is profiling white people. Plus, more white people shoot police officers more than anyone else but no one is talking about profiling them either. Floyd's death was about race because they worked together at the same club, and even the owner of the club said that the cop would be more aggressive and hostile towards black patrons than white or other patrons. Historically, black people have had more negative interactions with the police whether they were guilty or innocent. And, you don't know what my odds are of being harassed or killed by a cop.

No, I don't condone with the looting that happened in Downtown Cleveland or any city recently. But, Martin Luther King said, "A riot is the language of the unheard", so those people who felt that they haven't been heard peacefully felt like they had to be heard violently. Most of the people that were protesting Downtown were peaceful protesters. The ones who did the looting and damage were opportunists, white supremacists and agitators. Talk about the people that's responsible for the damage at hand, don't lump the peaceful protesters who were obeying the law with the people who looted.

Old 06-22-2020, 05:50 PM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
This country was built on populist uprising and damaged property. It's ironic the same people who call themselves patriots and name themselves after a "Tea Party" care more about a few broken windows than they do a police state murdering its citizens without consequences.

Old 06-22-2020, 05:58 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,565,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
This country was built on populist uprising and damaged property. It's ironic the same people who call themselves patriots and name themselves after a "Tea Party" care more about a few broken windows than they do a police state murdering its citizens without consequences.
I find it hypocritical and stark evidence that there is rampant belief that when white people do it, it is noble but when black people do it, it is an abomination.

The settlers protested the oppression and tyranny of the monarchy in England against them and their new found opportunities for wealth....(patriots and forefathers).

BLM is protesting against the oppression and tyranny of the privileged and powerful in this country against their race for nothing other than their race....(thugs who should be shot).

The narrative sure does change with race doesn't it?

You talk about riots? The settlers went to war with their motherland. And we get tiffy over a few broken windows and some burned buildings.

Last edited by adelphi_sky; 06-22-2020 at 06:20 PM..

Old 06-22-2020, 07:07 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
No not at all accurate. This country was founded on an elite aversion to taxation and massive funding from france with a bone to pick with England. Even still, England "gave up" because it wasnt worth their time and figured wed collapse under our own weight. (Which clearly has happened, just on a longer timelien). You have internalized propaganda. Sorry Please actually study American history bro

Old 06-22-2020, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
I never said African American's have a monopoly on race discrimination. But I am saying race discrimination against African American's is a major issue -- obviously anti-Muslim/Arab and the scourge of antisemitism is still strong (Tree of Life Synagogue)... Some white people are grumbling, but the fact that America has honored/is honoring, Confederate generals in public monuments and military bases. These men were Treasonous, Terrorist traitors who took up arms against the United States for the cause of enslaving human beings and their bigoted 'cause' led to an American Civil War that cost nearly 700K people their lives, including the great Abraham Lincoln... Do you think Jews would stand for statues of Hitler, Goebbels or Mengele? And what's even deer worse is the fact that taxpayer dollars are supporting these hideous symbols on top of supporting the racist Confederate Flag. And Tennessee even went a step further by hosting a large bust in their capitol rotunda of Nathan Bedford Forrest, the founder of the KKK in addition to be a terrorist traitors. And, then, you see a Tamir Rice, an Eric Garner or a George Floyd (the last of which was the only one of the 3 even tried)... Such this is a small sample size. With such racial audacity and you wonder why Black people are angry? ... or why they have millions of supporters of other races, many of them white, around the world????

I agreed with you, the looting is stupid, but it should not diminish the cause because the organizers of the protests are not only NOT looters, or even vandals, they've made clear their aim is Peaceful Protest in the vein of MLK. That insidious opportunist come in and usurp the cause with this wanton violence and looting is unfortunate. However, I do understand some of the property damage based on frustration of the continuance of racism, often expressed violently, against African Americans. For example, I have no problem in seeing the Wendy's burned down in Atlanta (Wendy's people called the cops in the first place for a mere man sleeping in his car n the drive-through) or a few cop cars outside the Justice Center go up in flames. America is a country founded on violence, and I include the horrendous Civil War...
The article I included was about statues being ripped down in Anarchy fashion Of a statue of Ulysses S Grant. He fought the KKK and was an abolitionist who fight for the freedom of slaves. Obviously your Comments in your last paragraph , you condone the burning of buildings and burning of cop cars , if it fits your narrative. Did you really say the Wendy’s deserved to be burned because they called the cops? LOL you’re out of your mind. Let’s see the guy was drugged up and drunk failed his sobriety test. Then proceeded to fight the cops steal a taser runaway then turn in fired at the cops. Correct?? Is this how you become a martyr in America today? This shows you are part of the problem with America . I don’t care what your reasoning is , it’s unlawful. You would be shot on my property If you did that. Btw Wasn’t a black off duty police officer shot dead during your peaceful protests in St. Louis protecting a black Business?? Why isn’t he a hero or martyr for the black community? Instead of the convicted criminal felon who put a gun to a pregnant woman’s stomach... Answer that fricking question!! Your cause has been lost in the violence and chaos in your progressive democratic cities LOL why do all those unemployed piece of **** basement dwelling *******s cover up their faces? Are they ashamed of their cause? . I’ll say it again with conviction. black lives matter is a political, hate group funded by old white billionaires people like George Soros to divide this country. These protests and riots have become a **** show!
Any well-meaning cause you have is lost with your violence and your ignorance to the law. Try CallIng a plumber Instead of the cops Next time You have an emergency.

Old 06-22-2020, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
That's no excuse to profile anyone because white people commit most of the mass shootings but no one is profiling white people. Plus, more white people shoot police officers more than anyone else but no one is talking about profiling them either. Floyd's death was about race because they worked together at the same club, and even the owner of the club said that the cop would be more aggressive and hostile towards black patrons than white or other patrons. Historically, black people have had more negative interactions with the police whether they were guilty or innocent. And, you don't know what my odds are of being harassed or killed by a cop.

No, I don't condone with the looting that happened in Downtown Cleveland or any city recently. But, Martin Luther King said, "A riot is the language of the unheard", so those people who felt that they haven't been heard peacefully felt like they had to be heard violently. Most of the people that were protesting Downtown were peaceful protesters. The ones who did the looting and damage were opportunists, white supremacists and agitators. Talk about the people that's responsible for the damage at hand, don't lump the peaceful protesters who were obeying the law with the people who looted.
Fair enough. I agree and understand what you’re saying. But it all goes back to one underlying cause. And that’s the continuing breakdown of the American family. Fatherless families for all races are growing and that is the root cause. Not too many fathers around to teach their sons how to behave, have manners , how to treat women and obey the law.
But it’s the banking cartel’s of the world, and crooked politicians that intentionally divide America. This is not a joke either. It’s been the same crap my whole life. Keep the peasants arguing about gun control, racism, religion, abortion etc. etc. it’s all distractions so we don’t see what they’re doing to us ALL in the long run. Do some research on George Soros and some of the other old rich guys that are funding organizations like black lives matter. Read about his philosophies and about how you and I should fall into line without free enterprise. Have a nice day

Old 06-23-2020, 03:15 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,423,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
No not at all accurate. This country was founded on an elite aversion to taxation and massive funding from france with a bone to pick with England. Even still, England "gave up" because it wasnt worth their time and figured wed collapse under our own weight. (Which clearly has happened, just on a longer timelien). You have internalized propaganda. Sorry Please actually study American history bro
You should not admonish persons to study American history when your understanding of it is severely deficient.

The political movement which underpinned the American Revolution was not "no taxation," but "no taxation WITHOUT REPRESENTATION." Above all else, the Americans wanted to be in control of their own political destiny, perhaps as citizens of Britain and not mere "colonists," but increasingly as Americans with their own government, especially one divorced from a distant monarchy. Do you truly not understand this? If not, read a biography of Benjamin Franklin some day, and certainly read the Declaration of Independence.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/t...esentation.asp

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/ta...representation

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...an-revolution/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Franklin

Other significant causes of the American Revolution included the imposition of the mercantile system on the American colonies through the "Navigation Acts" and other legislation passed by the British Parliament and the efforts of the British government to bar settlements west of the Allegheny Mountains, infuriating Americans living on the frontier. These frontiersmen made the American colonists a "forest power" offsetting the British dominance as a naval power.

Students of the American revolution are well aware to the decisive impact of frontiersmen such as Daniel Morgan (Battles of Saratoga and the Cowpens) and George Rogers Clark, whose small force single-handedly captured the massive Northwest Territory, including Ohio, for the Americans. The "Overmountain Men" played an important role in the decisive American victory at Kings Mountain.

The Battles of Saratoga, fought without French troops, resulted in the destruction of an entire British army. It is considered as one of the most important battles in history, as it resulted in the French entering into a formal alliance with the Americans and sending an expeditionary force as well as naval fleets to support the American effort. Spain and the Netherlands joined France in declaring war on the British, taking advantage of the North American conflict in an effort the right past wrongs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Saratoga

https://www.nps.gov/common/uploads/t...h%20Packet.pdf

Admittedly, French military and financial aid was decisive. I've read that the French naval victory in the Battle of the Chesapeake was the only time in two centuries that a French fleet had defeated the British in a major naval battle.

The British "gave up" because they were engaged in a costly and dangerous world war, they had lost two major armies in North America (did you not know this?????), and they were in danger of permanently alienating the American colonies and losing important economic ties. Many British Parliamentarians had opposed the war with the American colonies, and this opposition became dominant after Yorktown.

<<However, the Americans realized that they could get a better deal directly from London. John Jay promptly told the British that he was willing to negotiate directly with them, cutting off France and Spain. The British Prime Minister Lord Shelburne agreed. He was in charge of the British negotiations (some of which took place in his study at Lansdowne House, now a bar in the Lansdowne Club) and he now saw a chance to split the United States away from France and make the new country a valuable economic partner.[8] The western terms were that the United States would gain all of the area east of the Mississippi River, north of Florida, and south of Canada. The northern boundary would be almost the same as today.[9] The United States would gain fishing rights off Canadian coasts and agreed to allow British merchants and Loyalists to try to recover their property. It was a highly favorable treaty for the United States, and deliberately so from the British point of view. Prime Minister Shelburne foresaw highly profitable two-way trade between Britain and the rapidly growing United States, as indeed came to pass.[10]>>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Paris_(1783)

Read the speech of William Pitt the Younger here:

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/a...can-revolution

Your statement that the U.S. is collapsing under its own weight is offensive on many levels. While the condition of the nation is more dire than generally understood, greatly due to the present administration and its Republican enablers in Congress, we hardly are in worse state than the U.S. at the conclusion of the Civil War and certainly not remotely as impaired as Germany and much of Europe at the conclusion of World War II. There is hope.

Last edited by WRnative; 06-23-2020 at 04:22 AM..

Old 06-23-2020, 04:22 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times
Trust me, I could go back and forth on the American revolution. Can disagree on points, but one thing that is I believe not up for debate is that without france, there is no revolution, there is no America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland