Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2009, 10:41 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,279,817 times

Advertisements

^^Is that the E.9th street and Vincent intersection?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 06:36 PM

1 posts, read 3,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinbach View Post
I remember all of this, 90%. I lived on 110th and Woodland area, way back in the 50's! I remember going into a little alley to get fresh bread out of a store the size of a cubical. It was Orlando's bakery! Nobody is probably from that area here lol I loved my life in Cleveland, now in Maryland and I'm always homesick!
My Grandmother lived on the same street as Orlando's and I know the alley you mean, we were not allowed to go in it when we were kids. I was a kid in the mid 60's.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:22 AM

9 posts, read 32,458 times
Big Time Wrestling (LIVE) from WUAB Channel 43 on Day Drive in Parma. As teenagers we would get out there early to make sure we got in so we could be part of the live in-studio audience. Remember the wrestlers like Johnny Powers, "Lord" Athol Layton, Announcer Jack Reynolds (father of todays TV Sports guy Tony Rizzo, and "the Iron Sheik", Bobo Brazil, Ivan Putsky, and more. Those were a lot of fun

Old 08-08-2009, 06:44 AM

2 posts, read 6,700 times
do you remember where lake plada was located? we went on picnic's there every sunday when i was little but i cannot remember where it was located at Thanks

Old 08-08-2009, 06:46 AM

2 posts, read 6,700 times
it was in 1969 i remember it well

Old 08-17-2009, 09:25 PM

25 posts, read 35,043 times
Default Gee, I thought it was "just me"...

I know I'm late to the game, but I must tell you that I'd been thinking about that show called "Franz the Toymaker" for the past couple days...Don't know why, but I remember it being quite the "required viewing" directly after Capt.Kangeroo...(this was most beneficial if you were at home sick from school - read: chicken pox or some other sort of horrid illness)..

Little Rascals, Capt. Penny - Romper Room was a "SCREAM" if you could see it well after your "early years" for what it was...still cute though...I actually do MISS the "magic mirror""...

Mr. Jingeling (5:30 p.m. after Capt. Penney went off)...And Halle's was THE best place to be before Christmas...Higbee's didn't do too shabby on their display either..After all, the Christmas Story movie has scenes from what their windows used to look like...Took my breath away.....

Euclid Ave., used to look like the serious Winter Wonderland....

Woolworth's was steep with the smells of the holiday season, while riding up and down the wooden esclator inside the store.....

And who can forget the imitiable "Woodrow the Woodsman"...He had the BEST show happenin' even on early Sunday mornings on Channel 3...Splendid, old VINTAGE "Popeye" cartoons....And didn't Barnaby come on after him?..

On Christmas Day, it was a TRUE bonanza to see ALL of these shows on TV while playing with your "holiday haul"....

And what about Paige Palmer and her excercise show on Channel 5? That came on what - 8:00 or 9:00 a.m.? I always secretly wished for that "slimming-thing" she always wore...

And Dorothy Fuldheim? I'm surprised that "NewsNet5" hasn't paid any sort of homage to her....I loved her to death when I was a kid...She always sounded like your grandmother gettin' in your face,while trying to steer ya in the right direction.....

And does anybody else remember Deputy Dawg? Excellent cartoon...Punkin' Puss and Mushmouth? Heeeee!!!

Just my 2 sints,
*gzu*

Old 08-18-2009, 05:24 PM

48 posts, read 219,137 times
^Re: Dorothy Fuldheim

There is a historical marker in front of WEWS that they sponsored along with the Ohio Historical Society:

http://www.hmdb.org/PhotoFullSize.asp?PhotoID=59181

Old 08-19-2009, 08:44 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,100,917 times
I remember when they tried Dick Feagler as the anchor of channel 3 news, and at first he had a hard time keeping a straight face during stories where you just knew he wanted to make some sarcastic remark!

Old 08-21-2009, 08:59 PM

420 posts, read 1,041,628 times
Default remember I am stiil here ,

Just like DOWNTOWN , Do you know the meaning of this ? I do
Just thought I ask. Seems all is not lost , most of us it seems ,
needs a little more of an up scale Bowling Alley , Try 4th Street Alley, where you can get a martini before you get that ball a rolling, Or how about looking
over the Sailers and Soldiers Moument , from your Park Building Condo
and the one thing I still am happy about , but can't believe , BUT it's
true ,a doggy park is needed in Downtown Cleveland , Ohio
for all those people I see walking thier dogs .

Old 08-24-2009, 10:11 AM

2 posts, read 5,721 times
Does anyone remember a place called "Bargain Fair" in Mentor? It was on route 20 near where the Great Lakes Mall is now. It was an old barn that sold almost everything, kind of like a WalMart or Home Depot. It operated in the 50's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland