Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 08:17 AM

569 posts, read 342,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What about defecation in a delicate coastal environment as well as feminine hygiene product elimination? No nearby public restrooms, public trash cans, or their collection, etc. That's a recipe for environmental disaster.
When I walk my dog, I always take a plastic bag in order to clean up after him. This would work for the instances that you mention; nearly every public access that I am aware of also has a public trash can. If this doesn't work for you, perhaps the NC beaches aren't a good fit for you.

Old 03-02-2020, 08:23 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Raleigh View Post
When I walk my dog, I always take a plastic bag in order to clean up after him. This would work for the instances that you mention; nearly every public access that I am aware of also has a public trash can.
Public trash cans? No. Those don't exist in HOAs. The HOAs contract for waste disposal at the cost of HOA members.

Again, the questions are...There are beach accesses in residential neighborhoods that have no public restrooms. How is the daytripper beachgoing public accommodated at those residential neighborhood beach accesses that have no public restrooms? Local homeowners/renters just return to their homes to use the restroom. What does the public do? Pollute the beach environment?

Old 03-02-2020, 08:32 AM

In that case, I would recommend digging a hole in the sand, do your business and then fill the hole. Just don't forget to take a shovel along with the sunscreen and beach chairs.

Old 03-02-2020, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Raleigh View Post
In that case, I would recommend digging a hole in the sand, do your business and then fill the hole. Just don't forget to take a shovel along with the sunscreen and beach chairs.
And how is that human waste hole distinguished from the thousands of other holes dug by children on the public beach?

Old 03-02-2020, 08:58 AM

2,064 posts, read 1,644,866 times
Quote:
What about defecation in a delicate coastal environment as well as feminine hygiene product elimination? No nearby public restrooms, public trash cans, or their collection, etc. That's a recipe for environmental disaster.
What is your proposed solution? Raise taxes to build more public restrooms? Limit beach access to those places with public restrooms?

Oh, what about all the fish doing their business in the ocean? Should we build fish-o-lets?

Old 03-02-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
And how is that human waste hole distinguished from the thousands of other holes dug by children on the public beach?
It wouldn't.

That's what makes the NC beaches so exciting.

Old 03-02-2020, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
What is your proposed solution? Raise taxes to build more public restrooms? Limit beach access to those places with public restrooms?
What would work? There is no publicly owned land available in residential areas to provide public restrooms, so what should be done?

Quote:
Oh, what about all the fish doing their business in the ocean? Should we build fish-o-lets?
That's a part of the natural environment. Is human body waste contaminating the beach part of the natural environment? From everything I've read, that's an environmental pollutant.

Old 03-02-2020, 03:15 PM

Quote:
What would work? There is no publicly owned land available in residential areas to provide public restrooms, so what should be done?
I'm asking you. You're the one who seems to (strangely) have deep feelings about the issue and brought it up, so you should have some idea of what you think the solution is.

Old 03-02-2020, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
I'm asking you. You're the one who seems to (strangely) have deep feelings about the issue and brought it up, so you should have some idea of what you think the solution is.
I'm the only one who has deep feelings about human waste polluting coastal environments? That's a new one.

Old 03-02-2020, 03:21 PM

Quote:
I'm the only one who has deep feelings about human waste polluting coastal environments? That's a new one.
So, one more time. What is your proposed solution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina