Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 03:25 PM

569 posts, read 343,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What would work? There is no publicly owned land available in residential areas to provide public restrooms, so what should be done?

That's a part of the natural environment. Is human body waste contaminating the beach part of the natural environment? From everything I've read, that's an environmental pollutant.
Maybe a new law is needed, to require all beachgoers to wear diapers. Otherwise, the hole digging scenario is the best option. I would think that there are many more important threats to ocean pollution than this.

Old 03-02-2020, 03:29 PM

89,325 posts, read 45,057,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
So, one more time. What is your proposed solution?
Why should I be the only one to have a solution? Seems simple to me, only have public beach accesses in areas that have public restrooms within a reasonable walking distance.

Old 03-02-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Raleigh View Post
Maybe a new law is needed, to require all beachgoers to wear diapers. Otherwise, the hole digging scenario is the best option. I would think that there are many more important threats to ocean pollution than this.
I see you're another one who disregards the problem of human waste contaminating the coastal/beach environment. Are you proud of yourself?

Old 03-02-2020, 03:36 PM

2,064 posts, read 1,653,469 times
Quote:
Why should I be the only one to have a solution? Seems simple to me, only have public beach accesses in areas that have public restrooms within a reasonable walking distance.
Because you raised the issue.

So, if I understand you correctly, you think all existing beach access points without public restrooms should be closed down? If thats what you're saying, then good luck with that. Start contacting state and local government agencies and elected officials and let us know how receptive they are to your plan.

Old 03-02-2020, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Because you raised the issue.
Yes, I raised the issue. Since when does that mean I have to have a solution?

Quote:
So, if I understand you correctly, you think all existing beach access points without public restrooms should be closed down? If thats what you're saying, then good luck with that. Start contacting state and local government agencies and elected officials and let us know how receptive they are to your plan.
It's not up to me. It's up to the tourists and vacation renters who think human waste contaminated ocean surf beaches are acceptable to them.

Old 03-02-2020, 04:19 PM

Quote:
It's not up to me. It's up to the tourists and vacation renters who think human waste contaminated ocean surf beaches are acceptable to them.
If its as big of a problem as you say it is, why aren't you willing to do something about it? If you really cared, you would be willing to help find a solution.

Old 03-02-2020, 04:31 PM

Quote:
If its as big of a problem as you say it is, why aren't you willing to do something about it? If you really cared, you would be willing to help find a solution.
Why do I need to? NC has already done so. Human waste contaminated ocean surf and beaches are acceptable to the state of NC because the state of NC does not restrict public beach access to only those access points that have public restrooms.

Book your $$$$$ vacation reservations at will.

Old 03-02-2020, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Why do I need to? NC has already done so. Human waste contaminated ocean surf and beaches are acceptable to the state of NC because the state of NC does not restrict public beach access to only those access points that have public restrooms.

Book your $$$$$ vacation reservations at will.
Oh, ok, I thought you cared about the extreme environmental damage that is being done to the beaches. At least, thats what you implied. Oh well, i guess not. Carry on then.

Old 03-02-2020, 06:07 PM

569 posts, read 343,458 times
Quote:
I see you're another one who disregards the problem of human waste contaminating the coastal/beach environment. Are you proud of yourself?
I didn't know that it was a problem. I've not seen anything about this issue in the mainstream media. Rising sea levels, beach erosion and global warming are problems that I've read about.

Old 03-02-2020, 07:02 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,382,720 times
Quote:
It's not a problem here. This is the way we do it in North Carolina. The beaches belong to the public and the public is entitled to access to the beaches. This includes beaches where there are no facilities at all. The ocean is pretty clean here. The beaches are pretty clean here. You can look up the data on it. I, for one, am really glad that the courts ruled against that HOA in Duck if this is what this thread is all about. We do NOT have private beaches here and I do not want to. The beaches belong to ALL of the people of the state of North Carolina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina