Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 11:30 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Yes, we see where this is going. You are the type of person that ruins a good thing for everyone because you make a mountain out of a molehill. People have been finding a way to deal with it for hundreds of years and it hasn't caused any major issues until along comes a whiner who imagines some world-ending catastrophe and lobbies for regulations and signs and patrols to the point they just find it easier to block off the access.
So I'm assuming you completely reject the notion that the public can assume the government will protect their health?

Old 03-03-2020, 11:31 AM

2,064 posts, read 1,641,105 times
The fake outrage of some people is hilarious.

Old 03-03-2020, 11:32 AM

2,064 posts, read 1,641,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So I'm assuming you completely reject the notion that the public can assume the government will protect their health?
Ocean water at the beach is frequently and routinely tested.

http://portal.ncdenr.org/web/mf/recr...-water-quality

Next fake comment, please.

Old 03-03-2020, 11:39 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
Quote:
I do. I find it interesting that the same cohort who supposedly claims to care about global climate change thinks nothing about and 100% accepts the public pollution of the sensitive coastal environment areas. Why demand public beach access where there are no restrooms? That just begs the public to eliminate body wastes in the fragile coastal ecosystem.
Why do you think people who use a public access w/o restrooms pee and poop while they are on the beach? Do you pee or poop every time you go for a walk or a hike? Or do you wait until you get back where there are some facilities to do so? Seems like a really weird thing to be fixated on.

Maybe you are confused about what a public beach access is. It's literally just a path to the beach. That's it. It's like a public easement.

There are public restrooms at other locations and occasionally a public beach access is nearby also.

Old 03-03-2020, 11:41 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Why do you think people who use a public access w/o restrooms pee and poop while they are on the beach?
Police reports. Yes, the police have been called for the public doing exactly that.

Old 03-03-2020, 01:09 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
Quote:
Police reports. Yes, the police have been called for the public doing exactly that.
Cite your sources.

Old 03-03-2020, 01:44 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:

Where do you live? Because I really gotta go...

Old 03-03-2020, 02:04 PM

569 posts, read 341,286 times
Quote:
Traversing privately owned property to access public property is prohibited every time, so I have no idea why you think otherwise. Plenty of people privately own property that abuts public parks, public school campuses, etc. That doesn't mean the public can cut across their privately-owned property to access the public school, etc.

And that's the contention. When there is no such granted and opened public easement, there is no public right to access it.
That's rich. My office building is located at the intersection of two major streets, with a third street that has a school on it, and folks frequently cut through our parking lot (trespass) despite the signs "forbidding" it. School parents use our parking lot as a cut through and secondary parking lot. We have no easement that allows it. We called the police and there's nothing that they can / will do to stop it. Happens every day across America.

If your case is so strong, then you should have NO problem getting law enforcement to stop it. Your "concern" about lack of sanitary conditions on the beach is a smoke screen; your concern is that you don't want John Q Public relaxing on your community's private beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina