Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2012, 06:11 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times

Advertisements

I thought Tech was gonna beat my Horns by 3 TDs. Keeps a lot of pressure off Brown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 08:18 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,032,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I thought TT had a chance there at the end against Texas. Good game and a huge celebration and sigh of relief by coach Mack Brown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I thought Tech was gonna beat my Horns by 3 TDs. Keeps a lot of pressure off Brown.
I thought Tech would probably win too but the Longhorns just simply outplayed them today. Inconsistency on offense and costly penalties by Tech didn't help either. I hate to say this but IMHO, Tubs and his staff did a poor job of preparing the team for this game. I guess Mack Brown's seat is a little less hot now....lol.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:07 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Good agme. Between that and LSU/Bama well worth wqatchig today. Never thonught brown was goig anyhwere with his record i bowl last seven years.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Good agme. Between that and LSU/Bama well worth wqatchig today. Never thonught brown was goig anyhwere with his record i bowl last seven years.

Brown's bowl record at Texas is quite good, even in recent years = From TexasSports:

Quote:
Under Brown, Texas has won eight of its last 10 bowl games and has a 9-4 record overall, including a UT record streak of 12 consecutive bowl appearances. In the 14 years prior to Brown's arrival, Texas went to seven bowls and was 2-5. The nine bowl wins give Brown the most in Texas history, passing Darrell Royal's eight. In addition, the streak includes a BCS National Championship, another BCS National Championship Game appearance and three BCS Bowl wins.
And as we all know, the last loss in the BCS championship game against Bama was only due to the Real McCoy getting knocked out in the first series (on the way to a TD).

Old 11-04-2012, 06:25 PM

2,327 posts, read 3,935,664 times
Default Sigh

I was there. The first half was basically not good on either side of the ball for Tech, I thought, but while the defense definitely adjusted in the second (Art Kaufman for Governor!), the offense seemed to continue to sputter down the stretch. I think the O desperately misses TE Jace Amaro, and some Lubbock radio guys said to not underestimate the importance of losing Omar Ontiveros, the starting fullback, along with receivers Bradley Marquez and Javon Bell.

However, UT also had key injuries, so that isn't an excuse. Congrats to the Longhorns.

Last edited by shoe01; 11-04-2012 at 07:50 PM..

Old 11-07-2012, 10:29 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
Tech seems to be doing the November fade again. The beat OU last year, then lost five straight. Nothing to be ashamed of losing the K State, but their salty defense became less spicy against the Horns. Lets hope Tuberville gets the team together and keeps 'em from sliding.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Tech seems to be doing the November fade again. The beat OU last year, then lost five straight. Nothing to be ashamed of losing the K State, but their salty defense became less spicy against the Horns. Lets hope Tuberville gets the team together and keeps 'em from sliding.
I agree! These next 3 games will tell the tale. If they shake off those two losses and finish strong, let's say they win two out of these last three games, I'll have more confidence in the coaching staff.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:57 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
I agree! These next 3 games will tell the tale. If they shake off those two losses and finish strong, let's say they win two out of these last three games, I'll have more confidence in the coaching staff.
I have been most impressed with the defensive improvements this year. The offense seems to be slowly evolving into a Tuberville offense instead of Air Raid. But TT needs to keep their effort levels up for the remainder of the season. I don't know what the injury status is overall, but endurance and mental strength is key now.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
I have been most impressed with the defensive improvements this year. The offense seems to be slowly evolving into a Tuberville offense instead of Air Raid. But TT needs to keep their effort levels up for the remainder of the season. I don't know what the injury status is overall, but endurance and mental strength is key now.
Yeah, I've been pleased with the improvements on defense too. I sure hope they'll keep their effort levels up. If they want to finish with a good record and get a decent bowl game they'll have to do that for sure. They play Kansas this weekend so it's time to step up and get a win. Wreck 'Em Tech!

Old 11-08-2012, 09:23 AM

That's the best Tech defense I've ever seen, make no mistake about it.

Maybe Mack Brown needs to steal y'all's DC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football