Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2011, 01:04 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
They both saw McQueary and he ran back to his office!! Can you imagine what that kid was feeling...Someone saw him being raped and would save him only to have McQueary run away like a coward.
I didn't realize they saw McQueary. (I can't stomach the grand jury report.) So Sandusky knew he was seen and he was still walking around Penn State like he owned the place?

Unreal.

(Great posts, BTW TexasGirl. I've appreciated reading them.)

Old 11-14-2011, 01:32 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I didn't realize they saw McQueary. (I can't stomach the grand jury report.) So Sandusky knew he was seen and he was still walking around Penn State like he owned the place?

Unreal.

(Great posts, BTW TexasGirl. I've appreciated reading them.)
Yep!!! He even tried to intimidate people who saw him...ie: the janitor. He hung out in the parking lot after the janitor saw him....Just sat in his car in the parking lot knowing the janitor was inside!

McQueary told the Grand Jury that Sandusky and the victim both saw him!

Thanks Dew Drop Inn!! I enjoy reading your posts too!

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 11-14-2011 at 02:23 PM..

Old 11-14-2011, 01:37 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,622,695 times
As things unfold I'll have to think about the whole situation, the one thing I can't come up with an explaination is victim 5 I believe...he stated when the grand jury started investigating Sardusky's wife called him...that leads me to believe she was brainwashed that her husband could do no wrong and people are out to get him...I don't know this situation is a complete mess and you can't make this stuff up...

Old 11-14-2011, 02:34 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
Predator.

Deserves our worst peeps. Twisting in the wind.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:57 PM

78,434 posts, read 60,628,324 times
The damning part of Joe Pa in my mind is that Sandusky was put into forced retirement.

Now remember, this is Joe Pa's right hand man...the heir apparant and Joe Pa is the most powerful man on that campus BY FAR.

Wonder what sort of conversation you'd have to have with Joe Pa to go along with the forced retirement of Sandusky? What reasoning do you provide? yeah.....that's what I thought.

....and after that he still had the childrens foundation and access to the facilities etc etc etc.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:14 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The damning part of Joe Pa in my mind is that Sandusky was put into forced retirement.

Now remember, this is Joe Pa's right hand man...the heir apparant and Joe Pa is the most powerful man on that campus BY FAR.

Wonder what sort of conversation you'd have to have with Joe Pa to go along with the forced retirement of Sandusky? What reasoning do you provide? yeah.....that's what I thought.

....and after that he still had the childrens foundation and access to the facilities etc etc etc.
i was thinking the same thing. sandusky was supposed to be a major part of the success of joe paterno, yet they "retired" him.

there is no other logical reason to do that then they ALL knew, and yet no controls were put in place to keep him off campus or protect children from him.

i imagine we are going to be hearing something about those adopted children down the road.

i also found it interesting that he was out on bail but wasn't home when cinderblocks were thrown through his window last night. i sure hope they know where he is at all times.

desperate men are capable of desperate things.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:20 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Head of youth charity founded by Sandusky resigns - CNN.com

Second Mile president has resigned and another charity The Fresh Air Fund has said that Sandusky and his wife were at one time volunteers who took children into their homes for vacations from urban living

Where does it say that Sandusky's wife CALLED one of the jurors who was giving testimony to the Grand Jury?
Was it IN the grand jury testimony pages or another article?
That comes very close to tampering with a witness from what I know about giving testimony before a Grand Jury--
those records are supposed to be SEALED and PRIVATE--
attorneys are not supposed to be giving names away

Old 11-14-2011, 04:39 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
here is the grand jury report for anyone interested:

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploa...resentment.pdf

Old 11-14-2011, 04:44 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,622,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Head of youth charity founded by Sandusky resigns - CNN.com

Second Mile president has resigned and another charity The Fresh Air Fund has said that Sandusky and his wife were at one time volunteers who took children into their homes for vacations from urban living

Where does it say that Sandusky's wife CALLED one of the jurors who was giving testimony to the Grand Jury?
Was it IN the grand jury testimony pages or another article?
That comes very close to tampering with a witness from what I know about giving testimony before a Grand Jury--
those records are supposed to be SEALED and PRIVATE--
attorneys are not supposed to be giving names away

It's in the grand jury testimony-I believe it was with victim 5-it's strange...she called on her cellphone. it's Victim 7 (I just looked)-she left a voice mail stating it is urgent..

Old 11-14-2011, 05:14 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,941,037 times
As a life long PSU fan and Penn stater myself I am just flabbergasted. How could a man that preaches the right thing, morality etc allow ten years to go by and still act oblivious to the situation. This all gets worse by the day

I am saddened by the lack of action and general humaity in this situation. I just dont even know what to say, this is well beyond football or a university, this is a tragic crime and perpetrator allowed to roam free for a decade plus. I am saddened and terribly dissapointed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football