Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2011, 08:11 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,894,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
I meant stronger schedule period. Funny that's the only thing you could find in all of those points to fuss about. No matter. LSU and Bama rematch; SNOOZEFEST II. If I were LSU, I'd be pissed having to play the same team twice. I won't be watching, nor will millions of others.

Actually I couldnt read it any further after tha ludicrous statement.. and that's not what you meant. You "clearly" state non-conference and you mentioned them separately. nice try though... But since you asked me to go through everything i will..

Quote:
The powers that be. They are doing all they can to keep Oklahoma St out.
Doesn't matter that they are the Big12 Champions
You're right... Oklahoma & the Big12 benefited from this years ago. I'm sure you were complaining then too... Now that it works against you all, you wanna pout like 40 year olds...

Quote:
Doesn't matter that they played a stronger non-conference schedule
This is where I stopped... I simply couldnt take you serious at that point.

Quote:
Doesn't matter that they played a stronger schedule overall
Debatable... depends on if you value 4 marginally ranked teams vs 2 highly ranked teams and 1 marginally ranked team.

Quote:
Doesn't matter that they are 2-0 against top 10 teams, Alabama is 1-1 (Sagarin poll)
That's not true... you have to look at those teams rankings now (what the BCS does). And That being the case, OK State doesnt have a win against a top 10 team! And why are you talking about the Sagarin Poll... lol.

Quote:
Doesn't matter that they are 6-1 against top 30 teams, Alabama is 2-1 (Sagarin poll)
Again... what poll?

Quote:
Doesn't matter that Alabama has already lost to the #1 team
It matters... And look how they lost?

Quote:
Doesn't matter that Alabama didn't win their conference
See above... when Oklahoma State being champions was referenced.

Quote:
Doesn't matter that Alabama didn't win their division
Neither did OK State... they dont have divisions.

Quote:
Doesn't matter that Alabama got a week off when LSU had to play (the reward for losing)
They played the same amount of games as OK State... so technically OK State didnt play an "extra" game either.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 08:13 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,914,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
It will probably get the lowest TV ratings of any BCS title game ever...
boring. I dont mind defensive footballl. Its not boring but I wont watch this out of protest. My statement doesnt mean much but screw the undeserving.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
boring. I dont mind defensive footballl. Its not boring but I wont watch this out of protest. My statement doesnt mean much but screw the undeserving.
Quote:
I won't be watching, nor will millions of others.
So since you all are not gonna watch it... we wont have to read any of your negative comments about it.

Spoiler
YAY!!!

Old 12-04-2011, 08:32 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,518,069 times
Quote:
It will probably get the lowest TV ratings of any BCS title game ever...
You do realize the SEC fan base is larger than that of multiple conferences combined right?

Old 12-04-2011, 08:39 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,280,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
You do realize the SEC fan base is larger than that of multiple conferences combined right?
What? Bigger than the Big Sky conference and the Sun Belt? So what?

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...ns-blog480.png

^^Doesn't appear to be that big when you put it that way.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:43 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,288,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Looked better than the UH/So Miss game. Looked like highschool kids playing.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:59 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,518,069 times
Quote:
What? Bigger than the Big Sky conference and the Sun Belt? So what?

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...ns-blog480.png

^^Doesn't appear to be that big when you put it that way.
I'd like to see the actual article and not just the graph.

What your neglecting is the bottom teams in the SEC have a huge following still while that is not the case in other conferences.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:28 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,280,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
I'd like to see the actual article and not just the graph.

What your neglecting is the bottom teams in the SEC have a huge following still while that is not the case in other conferences.
...Um... not really.

Here is the article:
The Geography of College Football Fans (and Realignment Chaos) - NYTimes.com

Here is a head to head with the Big 10:

Like I said before-- this will be the lowest TV rated BCS title game ever.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Like I said before-- this will be the lowest TV rated BCS title game ever.
lol... you wish. I guarantee it will be the one of the top 3 highest rated BCS games ever!

And that article is not based in any sort of reality... When it was released no credible sports researcher would give it any credence. They figured the numbers by polling people in big city's who they are fans of... That has nothing to do with ratings. the game will have great ratings just like all sec games do. The sec game are highest rated games every year. Hear are the top 10 from last year... The Big 10 isn't even represented!!!

http://collegesportsinfo.com/2010/12...ll-tv-ratings/

Last edited by Mr. GE; 12-04-2011 at 11:03 PM..

Old 12-04-2011, 11:02 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,913 times
I don't really doubt the graphs, and I'm an SEC guy myself. The fact is that the Big 10 schools and even some of the Big 12 schools have huge followings. Recent success doesn't necessarily equate to fan base. The Big 10 and Big 12 have built programs and fan base over the course of decades, and unlike the SEC schools, that fan base covers a very wide area, which includes a lot of population. Consider for one thing that the average size of a Big 10 or Big 12 school is larger than that of the SEC schools. Most SEC schools have about 25-30,000 students; Big 10 schools are massive, with 40,000-60,000 students in most of their big name institutions. Big 12 also has some pretty big schools, with Texas being the biggest of them all. More to the point, though, the fan base is huge and has been built over decades. Ohio State and Michigan would be my guess for largest fan base, not even looking at official stats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football