Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 02:01 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,246,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
That only says that the BCS system didn't work. One could argue that OSU was not worthy of being there either time, especially the 2007 one. Had there been a playoff system then, OSU never would've been in the championship game either year and that monkey on their backs would not have existed until January 1st/12th.

Actually they would have been there but I think you would have had different matchups.

In 2006
1 Seed: Ohio State (were #1 all season long)
2 Seed: Florida
3 Seed: USC
4 Seed: Michigan (OSU beat them by 3 pts that season in game of the century 1 vs 2 matchup).

Who's to say that Florida team beats that USC team which was really good but lost to 42 pt underdog Stanford in the regular season.

In 2007
1 Seed: Ohio State (were #1 at the end of regular season)
2 Seed: LSU
3 Seed: Oklahoma (won the Big 12 championship in a blow out over #1 Mizzou)
4 Seed: West Virginia

In 06, who's to say OSU or Florida get by that 1st round game
In 07, who's to say OSU or LSU get by that 1st round game
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 08:55 PM

328 posts, read 434,729 times
The problem with the two losses to LSU and Florida was the fact Tressel was a poor coach. Never liked his way of coaching from the start.

Mistakes, conservative playing, not making changes as the game goes along.

Stop with the whining about those two games. Ohio St won more game in the BCS Bowl games then all those teams mentioned period.

They just wiped the slate clean by demolishing three very good teams in a row with a 3rd string QB and 6 players who were to start at the beginning of the year not playing.

I can say this team should be considered among the best ever for what they did and how they did it.

Now they get a great recruiting year of more stars coming in and I can see the Buckeyes winning multiple championships in the next several years.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:46 AM

1,624 posts, read 2,038,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
The problem with the two losses to LSU and Florida was the fact Tressel was a poor coach. Never liked his way of coaching from the start.

Mistakes, conservative playing, not making changes as the game goes along.

Stop with the whining about those two games. Ohio St won more game in the BCS Bowl games then all those teams mentioned period.

They just wiped the slate clean by demolishing three very good teams in a row with a 3rd string QB and 6 players who were to start at the beginning of the year not playing.

I can say this team should be considered among the best ever for what they did and how they did it.

Now they get a great recruiting year of more stars coming in and I can see the Buckeyes winning multiple championships in the next several years.
I said it all along urban Meyer is bringing the sec to Ohio state. And with that they will win championships.

Old 02-28-2015, 10:22 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,397,282 times
LOL at the talking heads as none of them picked Ohio State after the four playoff teams were announced. Most of them thought Alabama was going to beat them convincingly and the majority of them picked Oregon in the Championship Game. Gotta love it. Congrads to Ohio State!!!

Old 05-21-2015, 01:14 PM

465 posts, read 418,590 times
Sorry all for refreshing, but i felt the need after reading the posts. With that in mind, go Buckeyes!!

Old 05-22-2015, 10:03 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,510,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Where2now22 View Post
Sorry all for refreshing, but i felt the need after reading the posts. With that in mind, go Buckeyes!!
As long as Urban is there they are poised to do great things. It would be great if he could beat the SEC again.

My Sooners got some love (clearly way over hyped) for spankin' Bammer in the Sugar Bowl a few years back. Hopefully ya'll will have a better follow-up campaign to your big wins. OU had a horrible year last year; it's not looking rosy this year either.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:19 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,851,814 times
I always kinda laugh when I see or hear people say that coach so and so is bringing the SEC to the north, west, east, etc...

Ohio State's roster this season still included 43 kids from Ohio and an additional 18 from Illinois, NJ, NY, Minn, Michigan, Indiana and PA. OSU had 17 kids on it's roster from SEC states.

Alabama had 38 home grown boys on it's team. With an additional 38 kids from rival SEC states like LA, GA, TN and Fla.

Florida state had 72 kids from the state of Florida. 11 kids from states like GA, TX, Alabama

Oregon is far worse when using home grown talent with only 20 Oregon kids on the roster. 33 kids from CA.

Pinkle, Saban, Miles and Meyer all have Midwest coaching roots. Who is to say they aren't bringing what they learned while at OSU, kent State, Toledo or michigan with them down south?

Old 05-24-2015, 08:46 AM

1,624 posts, read 2,038,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
I always kinda laugh when I see or hear people say that coach so and so is bringing the SEC to the north, west, east, etc...

Ohio State's roster this season still included 43 kids from Ohio and an additional 18 from Illinois, NJ, NY, Minn, Michigan, Indiana and PA. OSU had 17 kids on it's roster from SEC states.

Alabama had 38 home grown boys on it's team. With an additional 38 kids from rival SEC states like LA, GA, TN and Fla.

Florida state had 72 kids from the state of Florida. 11 kids from states like GA, TX, Alabama

Oregon is far worse when using home grown talent with only 20 Oregon kids on the roster. 33 kids from CA.

Pinkle, Saban, Miles and Meyer all have Midwest coaching roots. Who is to say they aren't bringing what they learned while at OSU, kent State, Toledo or michigan with them down south?
Bringing the Sec as in Sec style as in big physical linemen. Physical and aggressive defense. Lots of power run play has been a sec staple not where someone is from. Its the style not where players are from. Meyer bought the sec to Ohio state. Even he said he was bringing sec style football when he first got hired

Old 06-19-2015, 09:04 PM

601 posts, read 460,277 times
Dontre Wilson is 100%

http://http://www.elevenwarriors.com...s-anything-yet

Old 06-21-2015, 07:22 AM

601 posts, read 460,277 times
Time for "The Grind"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aktm6y9pURw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football