Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2015, 12:49 PM

12,880 posts, read 18,736,837 times

Advertisements

Columbia remains a leader in hydrogen fuel cell innovation and research, and it sounds like it might be about to pay off.

Columbia Regional Business Report | Columbia, SC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 10:35 AM

I just read an interesting article that I'm not allowed to link to on here because it's from an email I got from a "competing" source that says airports of major cities don't help the cities themselves or the areas immediately surrounding them, but rather they help the further-out surrounding areas in terms of economic development. You can look for it on a site called USA Politics and Policy Site.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:07 AM

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Affairs was at City Hall this morning for a "major" announcement. WIS-TV said they would report on this starting with the News at 4.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Affairs was at City Hall this morning for a "major" announcement. WIS-TV said they would report on this starting with the News at 4.
Here it is.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:36 AM

Wow! The owner of this brand new company chatted with my spouse and me at a steakhouse bar in the Vista about his venture. His venture has come to fruition. I had no idea we were chatting with a Shark Tank winner! He's fun to talk to and he congratulated us on our marriage. He's from New York.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:40 AM

1,802 posts, read 2,029,916 times
Quote:
Wow! The owner of this brand new company chatted with my spouse and me at a steakhouse bar in the Vista about his venture. His venture has come to fruition. I had no idea we were chatting with a Shark Tank winner! He's fun to talk to and he congratulated us on our marriage. He's from New York.

That's awesome, I can see that doing well here. I already see a lot of scooters downtown.

Old 04-21-2015, 02:24 PM

2,130 posts, read 2,270,615 times
Quote:

Very cool! I'll have to search for this episode on Netflix and watch it. Columbia being more of a scooter city is pretty neat to think about- Kind of reminds me of Europe. And Matt, I didn't know you had gotten hitched, congrats to you!

Old 04-21-2015, 08:28 PM

This weekend, my parents are coming to Columbia for an overnight stay and a night out on the town. I will take them to Rooftop for happy hour drinks before going to Bourbon for a Sazerac and dinner. I think we'll pop over to Kaminsky's afterwards to try an adult milkshake and dessert martini for a nightcap. Depending on the evening, I may give my parents their first Uber experience On Saturday, we're going to the Soda City Farmers Market and then to the State Museum to check out the planetarium and 4-D theatre.

They are looking forward to a taste of "city life," all within a few (walkable) blocks of each other. It was easy to come up with entertainment options to please a range of ages and interests, all at my fingertips. It will be fun to play host in the Capital City.

In a few years, as more of the planned development in Columbia comes online, we really will develop into a neat little mini-weekend-away destination.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:00 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,557,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCxpBrussel View Post
This weekend, my parents are coming to Columbia for an overnight stay and a night out on the town. I will take them to Rooftop for happy hour drinks before going to Bourbon for a Sazerac and dinner. I think we'll pop over to Kaminsky's afterwards to try an adult milkshake and dessert martini for a nightcap. Depending on the evening, I may give my parents their first Uber experience On Saturday, we're going to the Soda City Farmers Market and then to the State Museum to check out the planetarium and 4-D theatre.

They are looking forward to a taste of "city life," all within a few (walkable) blocks of each other. It was easy to come up with entertainment options to please a range of ages and interests, all at my fingertips. It will be fun to play host in the Capital City.

In a few years, as more of the planned development in Columbia comes online, we really will develop into a neat little mini-weekend-away destination.
That's awesome, Brussel. I take it they live in a small town?

Old 04-22-2015, 04:53 AM

Sumter. Not that small, but certainly less to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area