Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2015, 03:00 PM

2,130 posts, read 2,270,615 times

Advertisements

Lol nin_man- you now have the reputation of having the most boring announcements of the Columbia area. Perhaps it should be a new thread title? For the Jiffy Lubes, Hardees and Applebee's of the world. Lol But thanks for sharing this monumental news!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 03:59 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,557,106 times
Let's have an unofficial rule that uninteresting chains don't get a mention in any developments threads.

Old 05-19-2015, 04:58 PM

157 posts, read 248,730 times
There's also a Panda Express going in Killian's Crossing right next to the Applebee's.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:30 PM

100 posts, read 144,691 times
I have been driving by the Irmo Walmart on Dutch Fork Rd and right across the shopping center next to the new YMCA, there is a sign that says coming soon Fall 2015 and it has a picture of what looks to be a small shopping center. Anybody knows any more info about this?

Old 05-19-2015, 07:19 PM

377 posts, read 709,478 times
It's a dubious honor, but I'll take what I can get. If only you all could feel how my heart sank this morning when I saw that sign. I swear, the places that are opening up there so far are going to make my house worth less.

I'm sure someone out there is pretty jazzed that they don't have to drive six miles to eat at their favorite restaurant anymore so I'm happy for them, I suppose.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:21 PM

421 posts, read 573,597 times
A Kroger marketplace is going into the Corley Mill Lumbar area in Lexington.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:40 PM

2,130 posts, read 2,270,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r10000 View Post
I have been driving by the Irmo Walmart on Dutch Fork Rd and right across the shopping center next to the new YMCA, there is a sign that says coming soon Fall 2015 and it has a picture of what looks to be a small shopping center. Anybody knows any more info about this?
I think I know where you're talking about. I drove by today and saw they had started to clear more land, although I didn't see the sign. Everything builds up around Wal-Marts it seems. Now it's going to be even more congested. Good thing they're at least doing the intersection improvements at Highway 6 and Farming Creek and Salem Church road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nin_man View Post
It's a dubious honor, but I'll take what I can get. If only you all could feel how my heart sank this morning when I saw that sign. I swear, the places that are opening up there so far are going to make my house worth less.

I'm sure someone out there is pretty jazzed that they don't have to drive six miles to eat at their favorite restaurant anymore so I'm happy for them, I suppose.
Lol I'm sure it will please somebody.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:40 PM

258 posts, read 467,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsm76 View Post
A Kroger marketplace is going into the Corley Mill Lumbar area in Lexington.
Any word on Harris Teeter making any attempt to come back to Columbia? Just wondering if you have any insight of their expansion plans now that they've merged with Kroger?

Old 05-19-2015, 09:00 PM

50 posts, read 105,876 times
Smashburger opening in Lexington on June 2. Free burger giveaway on June 2 from 11AM to 7PM.

Smashburger Sizzles into Lexington on June 2; Grand Opening Day to Feature Free Burger Giveaway

Old 05-19-2015, 09:04 PM

1,802 posts, read 2,029,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midland803 View Post
Any word on Harris Teeter making any attempt to come back to Columbia? Just wondering if you have any insight of their expansion plans now that they've merged with Kroger?
I doubt Harris Teeter is coming back. They had several opportunities to buy old Piggly Wiggly locations in Columbia, but did not - while they did do so in Charleston. I think we'll see an aggressive expansion by Kroger but no Harris Teeters.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but outside of suburban Charlotte (i.e., Rock Hill), Charleston is Harris Teeter's only market in SC. There used to be a store in Pawleys Island / Litchfield, but it was abandoned years ago, and that's a relatively upscale market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area