Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 08:13 PM

12 posts, read 32,179 times

Advertisements

North Market. Me likey food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 10:04 AM

2,318 posts, read 7,844,245 times
The Newport... seeing shows there was always a great experience. Especially CD101's low-dough shows.

Old 06-13-2008, 03:27 PM

10 posts, read 24,191 times
Default thanks for the con-firm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRGuy View Post
http://www.experiencecolumbus.com/seeing-is-believing.cfm
That's a really cool web site with some great Columbus videos.

I moved to Seattle in 2001 from Columbus. Sure, it's "hip" and cosmopolitan here, there are mountains and water and when it's sunny in the summer it's GORGEOUS. But it's also expensive, pretentious, anti-social and has horrendous traffic. When I have friends over, it seems perfectly acceptable for them to critique everything from what wine I drink to the brand of hand lotion I have in the bathroom. Seriously, it's that shallow here and I want out.

I lived in Columbus for 6 years, and in many ways it's the one that got away. I've also lived (as an adult) in the Detroit area, and Syracuse, NY. I wouldn't want to go back to those places for anything, but Columbus still brings a smile to my face. I am getting closer to moving back. Life is good there: interesting but easy. Seriously, it is almost a perfect balance of big-city stuff and quality of life. I also liked the easy weekend getaways you can take to places like Chicago and DC.
if you hold my hand, can we move (back, in your case) to columbus together? i've narrowed my choices to boston or columbus. the former because i'm pretty certain i can get work in my field (food & bev) and because i'll be able to live without a car, the latter because i have some cool-ass friends in columbus and its unbelievably inexpensive for someone who's still got a child to raise.

the only drawback to columbus might be that it seems a little car-oriented, from what one reads in this forum. four bucks a gallon...?

you know, or i could just stay here and live on a boat. that's about what i can afford in seattle.....

Old 09-19-2008, 01:10 AM

594 posts, read 3,436,465 times
columbus georgia is a wonderful city to live in columbus has alot of things to do near and in and around the city if you are a outdoors person that loves to explorer the outdoors i would visit pine mountain georgia pine mountain georgia is only 20 something miles from columbus and its not far from columbus at all its a quick drive to pine mountain georgia from columbus georgia anyway pine mountain is the foothills of the applachain mountains

Old 09-19-2008, 01:13 AM

Default here is some pictures of pine mountain georgia thats near columbus georgia

Old 09-19-2008, 01:17 AM

Default pictures of pine mountain georgia near columbus georgia

Old 09-19-2008, 01:21 AM

Default pictures of pine mountain georgia near columbus georgia

Old 09-19-2008, 07:46 AM

897 posts, read 2,824,628 times
Oh, my - you have the wrong state! I have been to Columbus GA many times and I pick the OH city anyday, over the GA one!

Have a great weekend in Columbus, OHIO

Old 09-19-2008, 08:06 AM

897 posts, read 2,824,628 times
I clicked on the thread and forgot about my post - my original thought! The GA reference threw me off!

Everyone has been great since we moved here - but we have found that the power outages this past week have shined an even better light on the area. Our neighbors have been so great. Our neighborhood is pretty evenly split betwenn folks from OH and transplants from other areas. The "natives" were extremely helpful in helping us get around to find ice, restuarants, and groceries stores that were doing business. Many of them "took control" and one of the locals guys, knowing we needed COFFEE, found the much needed pick me up Monday morning for a large section of our street. He even bought a cold soda (POP) for a gal that hates coffee!

The only complaints I heard this week were folks that called in to the 610 AM to moan & groan. Most everyone I encountered was calm and very pleasant!

Old 01-25-2009, 10:19 PM

83 posts, read 294,321 times
Metro parks in Columbus, OH? You mean those things out in the cornfield with the parking lots next to them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus