Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 11:03 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,138,002 times

Advertisements

My desktop IMac (2009) will not upload music to my iphone 4 (which is totally updated & now sucks) because I apparently have been lax in technology updating the computer.

I believe I need the Snow Leopard 10.6.8 to update the mac so I can transfer music to the phone.
Please tell me if I need any proceeding update or can go & purchase the SN10.6.8 & be good to go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 11:10 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,870,106 times
No snow leopard will work on your mac fine. You should update to mavericks after you install snow leopard though.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
No snow leopard will work on your mac fine. You should update to mavericks after you install snow leopard though.
Thank you for your prompt reply!

Old 01-10-2014, 08:57 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,174,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Thank you for your prompt reply!
The first thing you need to do is to run "Software Update" (found under the Apple logo at the left top corner of the screen. It will take a couple of minutes to find the updates you need. The next step is to install the updates as asked by Software Update.

At the end of the installation, Software Update checks for more updates, and if if finds more, then go though the same steps above. Try that before upgrading the OS.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
The first thing you need to do is to run "Software Update" (found under the Apple logo at the left top corner of the screen. It will take a couple of minutes to find the updates you need. The next step is to install the updates as asked by Software Update.

At the end of the installation, Software Update checks for more updates, and if if finds more, then go though the same steps above. Try that before upgrading the OS.
Okay, I'll do that first. I did order the SN.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:

It went exactly as you said; I had so many updates to do after the install, lol.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
It went exactly as you said; I had so many updates to do after the install, lol.
Yes, and it is a good idea to set Software Update to check for updates at least once a week. Just pick a time of the evening when you won't be using your computer for a while, and run Software Update. If the updates are too large in size you can always let Software Update take care of things through the night.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Yes, and it is a good idea to set Software Update to check for updates at least once a week. Just pick a time of the evening when you won't be using your computer for a while, and run Software Update. If the updates are too large in size you can always let Software Update take care of things through the night.
Got it!

I'm updated into Mavrick now!

Old 01-22-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Got it!

I'm updated into Mavrick now!
Problem solved?

And remember to run Software Update at least every other week. A lot of the updates address security issues and things like that.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:49 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,215,215 times
I agree, always run your software updates weekly and update when it says you need to, then you can avoid those problems in the future.

You should also call Apple and ask them how long in the future you can expect to upgrade your specific computer, until it is no longer able to handle the updates. There will come a time when upgrades will no longer be able to be installed due to in compatibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers