Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 06:06 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,584,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Well, the state has filed capital murder charges against both suspects... meaning that this might be one of the rare cases in Connecticut where a death penalty is handed down.
I copied this from their web site:

(WTNH, July 26, 2007 Updated 3:58 PM) _ A state prosecutor announced this afternoon he will seek the death penalty against two men charged in the deadly home invasion in Cheshire. This comes as published reports detail a possible time line explaining just how the suspects chose their victims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 07:44 PM

2,102 posts, read 7,760,577 times
Quote:
One of the suspects in this killing - 26-year-old Cheshire resident Joshua Komisarjevsky - still has family living IN Cheshire. Their address is public information. Media have apparently staked out the house, but they aren't offering much in the way of comments. I'd sure hate to be them. I wonder what they did to raise such a rotten son, or if they feel badly about their failure not to raise a mass-murderer.
They probably didn't do anything. This reminds me of an interview I saw of Jeffrey Dahmer's parents. His mother was devastated over what her son had done.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:17 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,641,451 times
Quote:
They probably didn't do anything.
Actually, media reports say that he started committing burglaries and other crimes at the age of 14. His parents have a lot to answer for.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:25 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,959,391 times
Quote:
Actually, media reports say that he started committing burglaries and other crimes at the age of 14. His parents have a lot to answer for.
Yes his parents do have a lot to answer for. I believe on some level they had to know what a monster their son was..

As a parent, I couldnt even imagine having to deal with the fact my son/daughter killed someone , how horrifying. I hope they are both found guilty and do get the death penalty!! Anything less would be unjust IMO.

My heart goes out to their entire family.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:53 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,641,451 times
They didn't just kill their victims - they also raped the women, including an 11-year-old girl. Not only were they murderers - they were also pedophiles and child-rapists. I wonder if the homeowner had a firearm in his possession, or not.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:36 PM

17 posts, read 55,499 times
I don't know whether this matters, but Joshua Komisarjevsky was adopted as a baby.

ALLEGED CONNECTICUT KILLER ADOPTED AS BABY | By GINGER ADAMS OTIS | New York News | New York City News | NY News

Old 07-27-2007, 03:12 PM

72 posts, read 356,089 times
Some people are saying if the Dr owned a hand gun, the outcome might be different. The reality is that may not be true, but if the common perception was that many suburban homes were armed, the likelihood of these crimes might be diminished.

The bigger question may be: How can guys commit that many felonies and still be out on the street? How about 3 strikes and you are out? They had like 14 strikes.

It would be unfair to categorize Cheshire as unsafe. It's a very safe town, just as is Greenwich - despite the Martha Moxley incident. These crimes are without question the exception.

I hope these guys get the chair, and quickly.

Last edited by mdkkr; 07-27-2007 at 03:13 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-27-2007, 03:38 PM

131 posts, read 659,722 times
Did they find the reason this family was chosen?

Old 07-27-2007, 03:55 PM

13 posts, read 58,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by untuchableface View Post
Did they find the reason this family was chosen?
I read online that the criminals were attracted to the car Mrs. Petit was driving and followed her home from the grocery store. Other people have also come forward claiming to be recent victims of the two.

I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but why were they out on bail after so many convictions? Especially the older one. I hope they get what's coming to them sooner than later.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:21 PM

572 posts, read 2,089,763 times
I couldn't agree more with sooner than later. They're taking up too much of our precious air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut