Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 04:27 PM

941 posts, read 1,804,981 times

Advertisements

Oh that burnt crust looks roof rippin' good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 06:15 PM

521 posts, read 1,151,528 times
Default There's other good schools in CT too Dotty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotty19 View Post
No, actually. Like I said I hadn't even thought about CT, but if it's a free application then I say go for it! At least I have a non-risk chance of getting a school to transfer into right? I have looked up the university and decided that I would actually go there based on what I found. Maybe if I lived closer to CT UConn would have been more relevant to me. How this nation rates something really isn't all that important to me though.

Actually that's one good thing about Ct.. there are a lot of good schools.
There's Trinity College, which is a good college, really cool campus too. There's Connecticut College, which is more out in the country, very pretty and very artsy/musically oriented...
UConn, you would probably have an easier chance of getting in there, they are not so picky on who they accept as other colleges, if there's lots of students applying.
Hartford is NOT an suburban area, it's a city! There's lots of traffic, there's crime there, shootings, etc. I would also not recommend walking the streets alone at night.
will you stick out with a southern accent and toothpick? Probably but don't worry about it.. there's lots of people from all over the place in CT... at least there used to be...
Also, I think if you are a college student, there's a lot more things to do in Storrs, which is where UConn is located! You might be really happy there, it's pretty country.. rural.. I not sure what you are looking for?
Do you want or prefer to be in a city? If so, then Hartford, or even New Haven, where Yale is located might be an idea.
Stamford, don't they have a great school out there. that's near NYC, which if you like cities, would probably be in heaven there.. I don't think it's much of a travel to get into New York City from Stamford.... I think it's a lot more upscale than Hartford too.
well, if you got anymore questions, just ask! we'll try help ya out Dotty! Good luck with your college application btw

Old 09-07-2011, 07:16 PM

34,948 posts, read 56,989,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMarley View Post
UConn, you would probably have an easier chance of getting in there, they are not so picky on who they accept as other colleges, if there's lots of students applying.
Have you tried to get into UConn lately. It is now very hard to get into. I know someone with a 3.85 grade point average and she did not get accepted. UConn is no longer just a state school. It is a respected worldclass university. Jay

Old 09-07-2011, 10:20 PM

337 posts, read 1,024,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Have you tried to get into UConn lately. It is now very hard to get into. I know someone with a 3.85 grade point average and she did not get accepted. UConn is no longer just a state school. It is a respected worldclass university. Jay
It might be hard to get into compared to, say, CCSU... but 1200 avg SAT and 50% acceptance rate isn't all that competitive. Not sure what happened with your friend, but maybe her SAT was too low? I remember teaching some high school students who were A/B students and yet could barely muster up a 800 SAT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut