Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2016, 04:15 AM

83,529 posts, read 75,355,132 times

Advertisements

Arent you glad you don't live on Long Island.

Upper 40s this morning! Mid 40s at the CT coast. Warm surge in progress.

Thanks to this... Did I tell you how much I hate Lake Cutters??? (Storms that go from South towards Great Lakes).

Old 12-12-2016, 04:38 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,382,638 times
Danbury / Bethel roads slushy.....no problems. Just enough snow / slush to cover the top of my Gutter Toppers......the guy told me "You'll never have to do leaves again", but never mentioned how they get covered in the winter, and drips over the gutters.

Old 12-12-2016, 05:36 AM

83,529 posts, read 75,355,132 times
I see some 6" reports in MA. Mostly 1-4" out there.

How did I do? I never flip flopped. Stuck to mye 1-4" across CT then change to rain by morning commute. (I think I said that, lol) I said some wont know how much snowed because the rain will have melted a lot of it.

Old 12-12-2016, 05:43 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,382,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
I see some 6" reports in MA. Mostly 1-4" out there.

How did I do? I never flip flopped. Stuck to mye 1-4" across CT then change to rain by morning commute. (I think I said that, lol) I said some wont know how much snowed because the rain will have melted a lot of it.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:55 AM

4 posts, read 3,067 times
Looks like just about everyone is above freezing now, just a few locations had a slushy inch or two but it's being washed away by the rain. Down here in Branford its all rain and green grass....which is fine by me. That nice ridge along the lower East Coast is sending these lows into the Lakes...keeping the East Coast warm and wet for these events. We could hit 50 F in some areas today! We're chipping away at December with no significant snow in the Tri-State.

After the rain moves out...two cold days on Thur and Fri according to NWS....then another warm surge comes in. Chance of any significant snow looks like zero right through next weekend. Highs getting near 50 F again by Sunday!

Old 12-12-2016, 07:14 AM

223 posts, read 172,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer22 View Post
Looks like just about everyone is above freezing now, just a few locations had a slushy inch or two but it's being washed away by the rain. Down here in Branford its all rain and green grass....which is fine by me. That nice ridge along the lower East Coast is sending these lows into the Lakes...keeping the East Coast warm and wet for these events. We could hit 50 F in some areas today! We're chipping away at December with no significant snow in the Tri-State.

After the rain moves out...two cold days on Thur and Fri according to NWS....then another warm surge comes in. Chance of any significant snow looks like zero right through next weekend. Highs getting near 50 F again by Sunday!
Depressing for those that like snow...

Old 12-12-2016, 07:17 AM

3,351 posts, read 4,170,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer22 View Post

Not seeing this. Let's check back in at month end. The previous statements about record warmth in early December also turned out a bit 'off'.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:30 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,166,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton2ParkAve View Post
Not seeing this. Let's check back in at month end. The previous statements about record warmth in early December also turned out a bit 'off'.
Yea...only warm air is with the killer for snow Lake Cutters. Its actually quite a cold start to the month. I'm sure the "warm weather guys" are missing last year.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:32 AM

223 posts, read 172,680 times
I've updated my blog w/ out latest winter event. Still waiting for that first 4 inch + snowfall!

95 North. . . The Wet Newspaper

Old 12-12-2016, 07:38 AM

4 posts, read 3,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton2ParkAve View Post

Agree...no record warm December here...just a normal run of the mill December. Although right now most of the NWS stations in the Tri-STate area are running above normal. The cold on Thur/Fri will be us below, then a warmer pattern starting Sunday into next week will even us out again.

For those who don't like winter, I guess the good news is that the first month of winter was rather easy to take - a few light, wet dustings and brief in/out cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut