Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2020, 03:55 PM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times

Advertisements

I’m not sure how or why this thread got closed. Sorry about that. It’s reopened now. JayCT, Moderator
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2020, 04:59 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,204,630 times
Thanks for opening up again.

Old 09-25-2020, 05:03 AM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
I was wondering that myself......

Old 09-25-2020, 06:13 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,204,630 times
So I will start then.......Sister moved to Arizona for a new job, so my Yale info is over with. With that said, what is everyone's thoughts on Fall predictions? I see CDC is saying vaccine(if it even works)distribution for us is looking at fall to end of 2021......and masks until then and possibly beyond. I agree with that too. Too much virus still out there still. Business wise I can't see how most places are going to be able to stay in business. On Central Ave where I am located places are going out rapidly. I am so over covid and can't wait for this to end.

Old 09-25-2020, 06:28 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,941,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
So I will start then.......Sister moved to Arizona for a new job, so my Yale info is over with. With that said, what is everyone's thoughts on Fall predictions? I see CDC is saying vaccine(if it even works)distribution for us is looking at fall to end of 2021......and masks until then and possibly beyond. I agree with that too. Too much virus still out there still. Business wise I can't see how most places are going to be able to stay in business. On Central Ave where I am located places are going out rapidly. I am so over covid and can't wait for this to end.
Lamont announced phase 3 will begin Oct 5. Still no bars or nightclubs, but music and entertainment venues can open with limited capacity and restaurants can go to 75% capacity indoors.

With schools open for the last month and people out and about, we've settled to a 1-1.5% daily infection rate with hospitalizations holding around 70 state wide. Seems like he was waiting to see what back to school would do to the numbers, and thankfully, we are still way below the 5% infection rate threshold that would require shutting back down.

Old 09-25-2020, 08:19 AM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 75 View Post
Lamont announced phase 3 will begin Oct 5. Still no bars or nightclubs, but music and entertainment venues can open with limited capacity and restaurants can go to 75% capacity indoors.

With schools open for the last month and people out and about, we've settled to a 1-1.5% daily infection rate with hospitalizations holding around 70 state wide. Seems like he was waiting to see what back to school would do to the numbers, and thankfully, we are still way below the 5% infection rate threshold that would require shutting back down.

While this is south of us, infection rates are starting to creep up in parts of Brooklyn, Queens, and NJ. Some areas there now have infection rates over 5%. Hopefully it's isolated and goes back down and doesn't creep further into NY and CT.

Old 09-25-2020, 09:01 AM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
While this is south of us, infection rates are starting to creep up in parts of Brooklyn, Queens, and NJ. Some areas there now have infection rates over 5%. Hopefully it's isolated and goes back down and doesn't creep further into NY and CT.
It appears isolated and a bit messy data due to contact tracing programs. Also mandatory school testing. Cases are a very unreliable metric when infections are so low.

Here’s why:

Say true cases that get detected are at .5%. You test 100,000 people. There’s a 1% false positive rate with test. 500 true infections, 1000 false positives. The math is a little more complicated than that, but these PCR tests are so ridiculously sensitive (40+ cycles) that you can literally pick up dead virus fragment in someone’s nose and they become a case.

Never before have we been so obsessed with testing perfectly healthy people. The case obsession is really bad right now. I get it for nursing home employees and other high risk situations, but we’ve gone too far otherwise.

Last edited by Stylo; 09-25-2020 at 09:19 AM..

Old 09-25-2020, 12:04 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
This is just anecdotal, but I think it is creeping from NYC into CT now. I've heard of huge parties in NJ with over 500 people and of course, colleges are open. But my main source is that my cousin's husband has just recovered from COVID. His wife and younger son didn't get it BUT they didn't go with him to Ridgefield to visit the older son.

Cousin's husband must have picked it up in Ridgefield. The son who lives in Ridgefield got tested and was positive. So my uneducated guess is that it's more down there in FF Cty than here in central CT. Hope it stays there or goes away to parts unknown!

Old 09-25-2020, 06:30 PM

167 posts, read 175,652 times
https://www.wtnh.com/news/connecticu...deploying-son/

Charming message she's sending to the masses.

Old 09-25-2020, 07:34 PM

70 posts, read 40,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
This is just anecdotal, but I think it is creeping from NYC into CT now. I've heard of huge parties in NJ with over 500 people and of course, colleges are open. But my main source is that my cousin's husband has just recovered from COVID. His wife and younger son didn't get it BUT they didn't go with him to Ridgefield to visit the older son.

Cousin's husband must have picked it up in Ridgefield. The son who lives in Ridgefield got tested and was positive. So my uneducated guess is that it's more down there in FF Cty than here in central CT. Hope it stays there or goes away to parts unknown!
The areas in NYC its creeping up are Hasidic Jewish neighborhoods, i doubt that is creeping up into CT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut