Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2022, 02:36 PM

21,637 posts, read 31,257,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Apples and oranges as they like to say.
CA is another story, another animal altogether. There's just too many people, and they keep coming and coming and coming. Wanabes, wanabes fail and turn to You Tubing and vlogging. Hollywood Pasadena Burbank Glendale THe West side the studios, everyone wants a piece. Watch "Eyes without a Face" on Prime. You know who's moving to CT, Wallingford, Darien, Milford doesn't matter pick one? Joe Schmo Corporate, that's it. From the Double IPA dads of Darien to the Wine Moms of Fairfield. That's about it. They sneak in a couple of Townhouses in Tunxis Hill or an Apt build in Westport. Big deal who cares, you should see the construction outside Austin, Nashville and down in the Carolinas and FL. If anyone should be worried about zoning it should be Red Staters. The NIMBY's here would have heart attacks.
Find me any of those red states that has passed such an anti-suburban zoning law. I’ll wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2022, 03:14 PM

6,942 posts, read 3,777,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Find me any of those red states that has passed such an anti-suburban zoning law. I’ll wait.
If I knew what an anti-suburban zoning law is I could give it a shot.
Construction is construction and there is a lot more of it going on in the places I mentioned. In some places as far as the eye can see. Everyone wants to move to those places now so it makes sense. Everyone knows this by now. If they put up a couple of duplexes in Wallingford I guess that's anti-suburban I don't know, could be. Either way CT people aren't too worried because they've been spellbound by Lamont's tantalizing influence and leadership. They can't get enough of the guy.

Old 10-22-2022, 03:22 PM

Quote:
If I knew what an anti-suburban zoning law is I could give it a shot.
See the zoning thread.

Old 10-22-2022, 03:32 PM

6,942 posts, read 3,777,471 times
Quote:
See the zoning thread.
The zoning thread says someone's building some duplexes in Fairfield. They cost 800K each.
JayCT says they might build a 30 story skyscraper in Greenfield Hills like the one in New Rochelle. Everyone knows that will never happen, that's my point, that's how the Limo Proggressive far left think. They just want stuff on the books for looks knowing it will never impact them. You of all people I thought would have known this. You know how manipulative these people can be.

Old 10-22-2022, 03:37 PM

Quote:
The zoning thread says someone's building some duplexes in Fairfield. They cost 800K each.
JayCT says they might build a 30 story skyscraper in Greenfield Hills like the one in New Rochelle. Everyone knows that will never happen, that's my point, that's how the Limo Proggressive far left think. They just want stuff on the books for looks knowing it will never impact them. You of all people I thought would have known this. You know how manipulative these people can be.
And my point that it HAS already happened in what used to be formerly very affluent suburbs. Why you think Connecticut is any different is beyond me.

Old 10-22-2022, 05:19 PM

34,077 posts, read 17,129,438 times
Quote:

If it weren’t for this anti law and order BS, and the tax and spend history (which lately the republicans haven’t been much better with), I’d be voting democrat. I take public safety very seriously, as everyone should, and cannot in good conscience vote for many of Connecticut’s current democrats because of it (Murphy, Lamont, Blumenthal, Rosa to name a few I couldn’t vote for).
Ditto. The Connecticut Post and Wal Mart Milford we can no longer take safety for granted. Armed encounters have started happening, in this city on occasion, where they never did before.

I still recall the poor Milford man whose face needed hundreds of stiches as kids stealing his catalytic converter attacked him.

20 years ago, these things in this town would be science fiction tales.

Last edited by BobNJ1960; 10-22-2022 at 06:28 PM..

Old 10-22-2022, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Ditto. The Connecticut Post and Wal Mart Milford we can no longer take safety for granted. Armed encounters have started happening, in this city on occasion, where they never did before.

I still recall the poor Milford man whose face needed hundreds of stiches as kids stealing his catalytic converter attacked him.

20 years ago, these things in this town would be science fiction tales.
Yep. Even 10 years ago, things of this magnitude didn’t happen as frequently. That’s what happens when one party demonizes the police and caters to violent criminals in an effort to boost their base.

Old 10-23-2022, 08:48 AM

752 posts, read 555,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Armed encounters have started happening, in this city on occasion, where they never did before.
I wonder if this can be connected to easy access to guns? Couldn't be. I don't spend much time in Walmart-- but I've never had an armed encounter, or any other type there.

I think some people won't be satisfied until they frighten everyone to the point where they insist on a police state. Once again, crime is down. https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...eport/2879630/

Old 10-23-2022, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMilford View Post
I wonder if this can be connected to easy access to guns? Couldn't be. I don't spend much time in Walmart-- but I've never had an armed encounter, or any other type there.

I think some people won't be satisfied until they frighten everyone to the point where they insist on a police state. Once again, crime is down. https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...eport/2879630/
You can keep posting the same article from NBC30 about crime but that doesn’t mean it’s correct. Crime is not down. Crime was reclassified by the state and certain crimes are no longer reported to UCR. I’ll say this as many times as I have to in response to people posting this misinformation.

As for easy access to guns, it could be. Guns are too plentiful on the streets, and now we have a rise in “ghost guns” that can be 3D printed without serial numbers. They’re illegal in Connecticut, but that doesn’t mean people won’t do it.

As we discussed in another thread, we need to throw money at establishing threat assessment teams to enforce red flag laws to remove guns from people who display certain behaviors. Unfortunately, the Democrats’ sole answer is gun control, with nothing else. It’s all optics.

Old 10-23-2022, 10:01 AM

34,077 posts, read 17,129,438 times
Quote:
You can keep posting the same article from NBC30 about crime but that doesn’t mean it’s correct. Crime is not down. Crime was reclassified by the state and certain crimes are no longer reported to UCR. I’ll say this as many times as I have to in response to people posting this misinformation.

As for easy access to guns, it could be. Guns are too plentiful on the streets, and now we have a rise in “ghost guns” that can be 3D printed without serial numbers. They’re illegal in Connecticut, but that doesn’t mean people won’t do it.

As we discussed in another thread, we need to throw money at establishing threat assessment teams to enforce red flag laws to remove guns from people who display certain behaviors. Unfortunately, the Democrats’ sole answer is gun control, with nothing else. It’s all optics.
Bingo. People know better, though, and I know many who will noy go to the mall, when it dark now, or alone in the daytime due to the violent crime issue.

To its credit, our local papers have covered these incidents well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut