Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2022, 10:06 AM

21,778 posts, read 31,477,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMilford View Post
Completely. There is extremism in both parties.

However, I don't see Democrats in this discussion pointing to AOC as a reference point for what we should do... I wish I could say the same about Candace Owen. She's a grifter who plays no part in serious discusison.
The Democrats here continuously obsess over Trump, Jan 6th, and say polarizing things like “I’d never vote for an R because of the R, regardless of how I felt about the candidate”. They then complain about extremism within the Republican Party when their refusal to even look at someone in the opposing party shows party line voting, regardless, and that’s a form of extremism in itself. My point certainly isn’t being made with denial it exists in the Republican Party - just that the Democrats are *just as bad* (and yes, that includes the farce of the BLM organization, which Democrats still won’t accept as a farce).

I’ve seen numerous times Republican or right leaning posters here acknowledge their party’s faults - the Democrats here cannot seem to do that.

Also, enough using buzzwords and phrases to put down those in this forum who don’t adhere to the left wing agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2022, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C28067302 View Post
This is in direct response to the republican party's members actions though. We have watched individual national level Republicans go back on their own prior statements in order to fall in line with the rest of the party. This, in my eyes at least, has made *all* Republicans untrustworthy, regardless of what they say on the campaign trail.

Yes, Democrats do it too. However, the party line for the Democrats is less detrimental to me, personally, so I do not stand to lose as much if they go back on their word than if a Republican does. Their party line is simply too much for me to risk them going back on.

I will note that multiple members here have (very recently) spoken about problems within the democratic party. I'm not sure where you're getting the impression that they don't.
More polarizing, party loyalty stuff that seems to be the common theme with this thread.

The party line for Democrats has been pro criminal, anti law and order, anti capitalism, and I could go on. Public safety is very much at stake if the Democrats take it. This is where the Republicans need to double down, since there’s very little that’s more important than public safety. The democrats (and their followers) try to gaslight when confronted with these problems. Manipulation seems to be the party’s go-to, especially seeing what the former Democratic governor did with Connecticut statutes in an effort to make people believe crime was lowering.

And you don’t think that’s more detrimental to society than abortion? Hint - the latter is a lot easier to rectify than the former. Vote smartly.

Old 10-22-2022, 12:09 PM

Quote:
And none of those effect me like the republican party line does. I am voting for myself, not the country. I have too much at risk.
I live in one of the safest towns in the entire country. While crime is obviously a concern, it's not a high one for me. The crime increase here consists of people breaking into unlocked cars. If my car gets stolen, that sucks, sure, but it does not impact me like being forced into pregnancy and birth would. Not even close.

It doesn't matter what is "easier to rectify" all that matters are the conditions at the time that I might need an abortion. I will continue to be in my child-bearing years for quite some time, I cannot risk it. Nothing on the democratic line personally impacts my health, life, and future the way the Republican one does. So I just cannot take any chances, sorry.
You don’t have to apologize to me. The way you vote is on you. Unfortunately, many who do take public safety seriously will potentially have to suffer the consequence of your vote.

But then again, the crime spike is already happening. You have the manipulation of statistics by changing crime classifications, a crime erasure bill that allows convicted violent felons to have zero criminal record, the demonizing of the police, the catch and release of violent juvenile offenders, a zoning bill that effectively eliminates the ability of your safe town to continue to be, on and on. All of this has been done by state Democrats. Clearly by your statement of brushing it off, you’re already used to it. It’s only going to get worse under Democratic control.

Old 10-22-2022, 12:17 PM

772 posts, read 569,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
You don’t have to apologize to me. The way you vote is on you. Unfortunately, many who do take public safety seriously will potentially have to suffer the consequence of your vote.

But then again, the crime spike is already happening. You have the manipulation of statistics by changing crime classifications, a crime erasure bill that allows convicted violent felons to have zero criminal record, the demonizing of the police, the catch and release of violent juvenile offenders, a zoning bill that effectively eliminates the ability of your safe town to continue to be, on and on. All of this has been done by state Democrats. Clearly by your statement of brushing it off, you’re already used to it. It’s only going to get worse under Democratic control.
Except crime is going down: https://www.wfsb.com/2022/09/26/watc...t-be-released/

Old 10-22-2022, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Did you read my above post, or the posts in the crime thread? Malloy switched crime classifications, and wording, during his last few years in office while he was employing the catch and release method for juveniles. This eliminates the ability for both police to arrest for certain statutes that they previously arrested for, and the ability to report them to the UCR for FBI publications on crime statistics.

Old 10-22-2022, 12:33 PM

772 posts, read 569,129 times
Quote:
Did you read my above post, or the posts in the crime thread? Malloy switched crime classifications, and wording, during his last few years in office while he was employing the catch and release method for juveniles. This eliminates the ability for both police to arrest for certain statutes that they previously arrested for, and the ability to report them to the UCR for FBI publications on crime statistics.
Malloy left office four years ago. That doesn't impact the year-over-year stats showing crime going down. Seems like you should be celebrating this fact...

Old 10-22-2022, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Malloy left office four years ago. That doesn't impact the year-over-year stats showing crime going down. Seems like you should be celebrating this fact...
I would be, except the Democratic politicians in power since haven’t reversed anything and, in fact, doubled down on it. That, and the majority of those passed bills on the list were put into place by Lamont.

If it weren’t for this anti law and order BS, and the tax and spend history (which lately the republicans haven’t been much better with), I’d be voting democrat. I take public safety very seriously, as everyone should, and cannot in good conscience vote for many of Connecticut’s current democrats because of it (Murphy, Lamont, Blumenthal, Rosa to name a few I couldn’t vote for).

Thankfully (for you!), I don’t live in Connecticut anymore. Ironically, down here, one of the guys I’m supporting is a Democrat. He doesn’t give into the party’s agenda but is socially left leaning. But for governor here, it’s Ron all the way. Crist is a tool.

Old 10-22-2022, 01:21 PM

7,319 posts, read 3,993,376 times
Quote:
And none of those effect me
Bingo! Precisely it! Thats' exactly what I'm talking about. Nailed it.
You share the same sentiment as many from the safest towns to the state's most prized affluent suburbs.
They're all under Lamont's and the New Left's hypnotic spell. No mean tweets, they're mesmerized. They will cry out for human rights, open borders, social justice all the while knowing full well that crime and zoning won't impact them in any way. They're fine with an ipad missing from the front seat and they know zoning updates will only bring in even more affluent personnel at market rates. As long as the dredge and lowlifes stay in their lanes the Limo Progs are happy.

Old 10-22-2022, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Bingo! Precisely it! Thats' exactly what I'm talking about. Nailed it.
You share the same sentiment as many from the safest towns to the state's most prized affluent suburbs.
They're all under Lamont's and the New Left's hypnotic spell. They're mesmerized. They will cry out for human rights, open borders, social justice all the while knowing full well that crime and zoning won't impact them in any way. They're fine with an ipad missing from the front seat and they know zoning updates will only bring in more affluent perssonnel at market rates. As long as the dredge and lowlifes stay in their lanes the Limo Progs are happy.
If you think the zoning regulations will bring in affluence, take a look at what happened in California. You have shoddy structures everywhere. Go to Glendale, Pasadena etc. These places used to be very affluent and now you see people parking on the grass. People now buy, build on their property, and rent. No good.

Old 10-22-2022, 01:43 PM

7,319 posts, read 3,993,376 times
Quote:
If you think the zoning regulations will bring in affluence, take a look at what happened in California. You have shoddy structures everywhere. Go to Glendale, Pasadena etc. These places used to be very affluent and now you see people parking on the grass. People now buy, build on their property, and rent. No good.
Apples and oranges as they like to say.
CA is another story, another animal altogether. There's just too many people, and they keep coming and coming and coming. Wanabes, wanabes fail and turn to You Tubing and vlogging. Hollywood Pasadena Burbank Glendale THe West side the studios, everyone wants a piece. Watch "Eyes without a Face" on Prime. You know who's moving to CT, Wallingford, Darien, Milford doesn't matter pick one? Joe Schmo Corporate, that's it. From the Double IPA dads of Darien to the Wine Moms of Fairfield. That's about it. They sneak in a couple of Townhouses in Tunxis Hill or an Apt build in Westport. Big deal who cares, you should see the construction outside Austin, Nashville and down in the Carolinas and FL. If anyone should be worried about zoning it should be Red Staters. The NIMBY's here would have heart attacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut