Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2022, 05:51 PM

7,003 posts, read 3,809,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
The latest Quinnipiac poll has both Lamont and Blumenthal up by 15 points. I believe it. Jay

https://ctmirror.org/2022/10/24/ct-e...umenthal-levy/
That's like leading 63-7 in football. A drubbing. They're running up the score.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2022, 05:54 PM

543 posts, read 334,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
It’s amazing that Connecticut still supports a liar and a fraud like Blumenthal.
I'd happily vote against him but not for Levy.

Old 10-25-2022, 08:56 AM

35,029 posts, read 57,124,462 times
Quote:
It’s amazing that Connecticut still supports a liar and a fraud like Blumenthal.
Just look at what the Republicans are running against him and you’ll see why he is so far ahead. This is what I’ve been talking about for years now. The Connecticut Republican Party is completely out of step with voters in our state. Instead of supporting and nominating an electable moderate, they went full out with a far right Trumper. You must be kidding. The Democrats could run a monkey against her and I’d still wouldn’t vote for her. It’s simply a matter of who better reflects the position of the states voters and in this case, as it has been for decades now, Blumenthal has been it. Jay

Old 10-25-2022, 09:40 AM

21,660 posts, read 31,301,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Just look at what the Republicans are running against him and you’ll see why he is so far ahead. This is what I’ve been talking about for years now. The Connecticut Republican Party is completely out of step with voters in our state. Instead of supporting and nominating an electable moderate, they went full out with a far right Trumper. You must be kidding. The Democrats could run a monkey against her and I’d still wouldn’t vote for her. It’s simply a matter of who better reflects the position of the states voters and in this case, as it has been for decades now, Blumenthal has been it. Jay
It doesn’t matter - it could be a “far right Trumper” or a moderate Republican like Stefanowski (who is moderate on almost every social issue, and “on the issues” has him listed as a statistical moderate) - the state has gone so far to the left that even a moderate Republican has zero chance. It’s indicative of my comment a page back - blue gets bluer and red gets redder. Connecticut has certainly gone far more left wing than it was even 10 years ago.

As for Blumenthal, he’s a tired old Dem who’s an untrustworthy liar. Shame on Connecticut voters for keeping him in any position of power.

Old 10-25-2022, 10:49 AM

711 posts, read 406,476 times
Sorry but Bob is not a moderate, he's just pretending to be for the rest of his campaign to try and fool other moderates to vote for him instead of Lamont.

Old 10-25-2022, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundTableKnight View Post
Sorry but Bob is not a moderate, he's just pretending to be for the rest of his campaign to try and fool other moderates to vote for him instead of Lamont.
What evidence do you have to show Bob isn’t a moderate? All the evidence and history says he is a true moderate.

Old 10-25-2022, 11:04 AM

2,497 posts, read 4,733,326 times
Quote:
It doesn’t matter - it could be a “far right Trumper” or a moderate Republican like Stefanowski (who is moderate on almost every social issue, and “on the issues” has him listed as a statistical moderate) - the state has gone so far to the left that even a moderate Republican has zero chance. It’s indicative of my comment a page back - blue gets bluer and red gets redder. Connecticut has certainly gone far more left wing than it was even 10 years ago.

As for Blumenthal, he’s a tired old Dem who’s an untrustworthy liar. Shame on Connecticut voters for keeping him in any position of power.
Shame on Connecticut voters? How about shame on the Connecticut GOP who had the genius idea to nominate Stefanowski for a second time? This is the best they could come up with? I doubt it, and because of their complacency, they're now poised to lose this election. They made the same misstep in 2014 with Tom Foley and now they're doing it again, also thinking this time it will be different. Watching them make the same mistake over and over, it's like Charlie Brown and the football.

Old 10-25-2022, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromCT View Post
Shame on Connecticut voters? How about shame on the Connecticut GOP who had the genius idea to nominate Stefanowski for a second time? This is the best they could come up with? I doubt it, and because of their complacency, they're now poised to lose this election. They made the same misstep in 2014 with Tom Foley and now they're doing it again, also thinking this time it will be different. Watching them make the same mistake over and over, it's like Charlie Brown and the football.
Yes, shame on CT voters, who choose a hack like Blumenthal. Keep in mind, there have been numerous elections where he could have been voted out. They declined to do so.

It’s amazing that people are blaming the GOP for terrible Democrats in office. Hold the age old Dems in power accountable for the BS they pass. Nobody else is responsible for the pro-criminal, anti business, woke agenda atmosphere the party-loyal Democrats have created. They are. And now, Connecticut voters (if the Democrats take the state by a landslide) are now responsible, too.

Old 10-25-2022, 11:16 AM

281 posts, read 149,707 times
Lamont and Blumenthal cancelling their debates with their respective candidates so close election is not a good look. Will probably not sit well with women voters especially. I've questioned it before and I'll question ot again, does Lamont even want to win?

Old 10-25-2022, 12:47 PM

1,241 posts, read 907,674 times
Why will it not sit well with women? Just because it was to be co-sponsored by The League of Women Voters? I'm not a fan of Lamont but this won't make a difference. In the latest Quinnipiac poll, he is up by 15 points overall and leads 64% to 33% among women voters. He has nothing to gain by taking part in the debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnho771 View Post
Lamont and Blumenthal cancelling their debates with their respective candidates so close election is not a good look. Will probably not sit well with women voters especially. I've questioned it before and I'll question ot agatin, does Lamont even want to win?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut