Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2022, 09:48 AM

35,296 posts, read 57,495,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazbme99 View Post
Lamont and every Demorat are in for a surprise on election day. Red Wave in coming. Biden and the failed policies that past year have hurt the Demorat brand bigtime. Trump is not running for office, that is all they can talk about. Nobody cares about trans rights, climate change, crt, equity. Voters are pissed off about the economy being destroyed and inflation affecting daily lives. People even hardcore liberals vote with their wallet. The media tried to downplay the Red Wave all summer and now the polls are showing bad news coming for the Dems. House and Senate go Red. Many states like NY and Ct might have Republican governors. Our main problem in Connecticut is the 40 + year hold the Democrats have on the State Legislature. This needs to change and we need some new faces and leadership state wide. Some of the same faces for decades running our state into the ground with poor policy. A Republican Governor with Republican legislature would be a welcomed change. The Independent voters are the deciders in this state.
You can say this all you want but it won’t make it happen. Not here and not across the country. The Republican Party is truly awful. They are hypocrites and have lied and failed to support the US Constitution. Many voters see that which is why it’s not so clear cut as you and the right wing like to think. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2022, 09:55 AM

21,777 posts, read 31,477,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
You can say this all you want but it won’t make it happen. Not here and not across the country. The Republican Party is truly awful. They are hypocrites and have lied and failed to support the US Constitution. Many voters see that which is why it’s not so clear cut as you and the right wing like to think. Jay
I agree that it won’t happen in Connecticut. I’m not sure I agree that it won’t happen across the country. In California, even many local elections have been favoriting Republicans (granted, this was in traditionally Republican Orange County I believe). Very liberal San Francisco is starting to favor more moderate candidates it seems (well, moderate for SF).

One thing I do see is the red getting redder and the blue getting bluer, which you may agree with.

Old 10-24-2022, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I agree that it won’t happen in Connecticut. I’m not sure I agree that it won’t happen across the country. In California, even many local elections have been favoriting Republicans (granted, this was in traditionally Republican Orange County I believe). Very liberal San Francisco is starting to favor more moderate candidates it seems (well, moderate for SF).

One thing I do see is the red getting redder and the blue getting bluer, which you may agree with.
I do agree and that is disturbing. Yes, there will be Republican wins I just don’t see the wave Chazbme99 is claiming there will be. It’s too close to call. Jay

Old 10-24-2022, 10:32 AM

34,285 posts, read 17,372,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post

A wave is coming, but not in Ct. All of our congressmen and both Senators will be in the minority party 1/20/2023.

Old 10-24-2022, 11:43 AM

154 posts, read 80,067 times
Connecticut is a great state but it is being run into the ground by poor leadership. No party should have complete control for over 40 years. Rowland and Rell were stuck trying to work with a Democrat controlled legislature. Our state is now a sanctuary state with many poor dangerous cities that require constant bailouts and oversight. The public school system is a failure. Tons of money spent and no return on investment. Kids are not being given a chance for success. Unions control the Demorat party and that is why nothing will change. The crime is getting worse and people can see the difference today compared to 4 years ago. Laws are not being enforced and criminals are left on the street to create anarchy. We need some common sense leadership. Get the criminals off the streets and into jails. Clean things up and give kids a safe school to go to. Then you can work on helping people with addictions and other issues. The police need to be respected and accepted into the communities to help get things safe. This crap with violent crimes and gun fire every night in the cities and yet police are not called or wanted. Clean up the cities and things will start to change. These juvenile offenders need to be in a classroom or in jail. Not on the streets at night looking to steal. It is pretty obvious this Democrat led movement of defunding the police and demoralizing the police is not a good method. Most people with common sense know things are not working now. Change is needed.

Old 10-24-2022, 01:04 PM

878 posts, read 537,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
A wave is coming, but not in Ct. All of our congressmen and both Senators will be in the minority party 1/20/2023.
The House for sure. Senate could go either way. GOP didn't do themselves any favors with their choices of candidates.

Old 10-24-2022, 03:08 PM

34,285 posts, read 17,372,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRiverTraveler View Post
The House for sure. Senate could go either way. GOP didn't do themselves any favors with their choices of candidates.
RCP has it 53 GOP. I think its 52 GOP. Nevada will flip to the GOP, as the incumbent is the least popular national incumbent up this year.

Connecticut will stick with incumbents.

Old 10-24-2022, 04:29 PM

The latest Quinnipiac poll has both Lamont and Blumenthal up by 15 points. I believe it. Jay

https://ctmirror.org/2022/10/24/ct-e...umenthal-levy/

Old 10-24-2022, 05:23 PM

21,777 posts, read 31,477,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
The latest Quinnipiac poll has both Lamont and Blumenthal up by 15 points. I believe it. Jay

https://ctmirror.org/2022/10/24/ct-e...umenthal-levy/
It’s amazing that Connecticut still supports a liar and a fraud like Blumenthal.

Old 10-24-2022, 05:30 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,883,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazbme99 View Post
Lamont and every Demorat are in for a surprise on election day. Red Wave in coming. Biden and the failed policies that past year have hurt the Demorat brand bigtime. Trump is not running for office, that is all they can talk about. Nobody cares about trans rights, climate change, crt, equity. Voters are pissed off about the economy being destroyed and inflation affecting daily lives. People even hardcore liberals vote with their wallet. The media tried to downplay the Red Wave all summer and now the polls are showing bad news coming for the Dems. House and Senate go Red. Many states like NY and Ct might have Republican governors. Our main problem in Connecticut is the 40 + year hold the Democrats have on the State Legislature. This needs to change and we need some new faces and leadership state wide. Some of the same faces for decades running our state into the ground with poor policy. A Republican Governor with Republican legislature would be a welcomed change. The Independent voters are the deciders in this state.
You should've stayed on Long Island. There wont be any red wave in CT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut