Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2022, 01:18 PM

752 posts, read 557,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Stefanowski better not run a third time. The party needs someone else. Focus on real issues. I don't think crime is up but poverty seems more visible now. I'm not saying they were kicked out of cities but I see more begging (this is national)
Agreed. Decades of failures in dealing with mental health, veteran’s affairs and homelessness has led directly to this situation. No political party is winning any awards here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2022, 03:06 PM

7,009 posts, read 3,809,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMilford View Post
Crime is up is a lie. I know some people on here have invented new math to say crime is up in a hysterical attempt to win an election, but statistics don’t bear that out.

Republicans lie. Again and again and again. It’s really that simple.

I did win a $10 bet on the over \ under for how long it would take “Conservatives” to politicize the horrific deaths of those policemen.
Listen I get it. Pols lie through their teeth, that's not a new sport.
Crime is through the roof in demo led cities and states, there is no doubt. That cannot be disputed. Jason literally took Manhattan.
I'm neither repub or demo, I'm looking to get a place in Norwalk, like some limo progs you wouldn't be caught dead living there.
The police shooter was a repub gun rights toting looney bin so why would conservatives politicize it? He was one of them.
Lamont's already doing victory laps, it's over. Any hysterical attempts to thwart would be a waste of time and energy.

Old 10-30-2022, 11:14 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,851,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazbme99 View Post
Lamont is no great leader. He tried to follow the lead of Cuomo and other Liberal Governors during the early Covid era. Connecticut also did a bad job protecting our seniors and nursing homes. Lamont took complete control given away by the Democrat controlled legislature. Now he wants credit for excess money in rainy day fund and surpluses. That money is Covid money from the federal government. The temporary elimination of the gas tax is only being done because it is an election year. Wait until Lamont tried pushing for tolls again. Too many tractor trailers bringing goods to all the Amazon warehouses in Connecticut. Lamont will not commit to not mandating vaccine requirements in the future for public schools. He will follow whatever the teacher union wants as usual. The election year bonuses given to state workers was an insult to every private sector worker in this state. Lamont has not mentioned the illegal aliens looking to invade Connecticut. He along with the Demorats want Connecticut to be a sanctuary state filled with poor crime ridden sanctuary cities. Stefanowski is the only option we have to change things in CT. He might be able to shake things up in Hartford. This 40 + year reign of Democrat control has to end.

Holy cow. Save these rants for WPLR. And while you're at it turn off Fox News and delete your facebook account.

Old 10-30-2022, 12:02 PM

35,031 posts, read 57,124,462 times
I know, I’m doing it again with off topic posts. I’m going back and deleting them. JayCT, Moderator

Old 10-30-2022, 01:15 PM

752 posts, read 557,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Listen I get it. Pols lie through their teeth, that's not a new sport.
Crime is through the roof in demo led cities and states, there is no doubt.
And ALL of the 10 most dangerous states are conservative, republican led. Are the governors of these states all ineffectual? If not, then, you can hardly equate Connecticut crime to our governor without being a hypocrite. Why do these states put 30% of their law enforcement resources in places that lead to 70% of the arrests?

This is just more of the same lie. Crime isn't going up. Crime isn't worse under Democrats. This is frightening people so they vote for an increasingly fascist agenda. How long till we have Conservatives with automatic weapons guarding polling places and intimidating voters as they are in Arizona? Will that be ok with you too?

Old 10-30-2022, 02:41 PM

7,009 posts, read 3,809,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Holy cow. Save these rants for WPLR.
Big 70s-80s hard rock and metal fan here. All the classic bands. I wish PLR would play more deep album tracks instead of the usual hits you've heard a million times in your life.
What are highly educated Lamont supporters listening to these days? KC101? I really like Irreplaceable by Beyonce. How about you? I love that Stay song, the Justin Biber-Kid Laroi collaboration. The regular version is better than the radio edit. Rhianna's Stay is another fave. What do you think?

Quote:
And ALL of the 10 most dangerous states are conservative, republican led. Are the governors of these states all ineffectual? If not, then, you can hardly equate Connecticut crime to our governor without being a hypocrite. Why do these states put 30% of their law enforcement resources in places that lead to 70% of the arrests?

This is just more of the same lie. Crime isn't going up. Crime isn't worse under Democrats. This is frightening people so they vote for an increasingly fascist agenda. How long till we have Conservatives with automatic weapons guarding polling places and intimidating voters as they are in Arizona? Will that be ok with you too?
The Crime Deniers say its' all lies of course as they sit in their comfortable prized affluent bedroom suburb.
Everyday is Friday the 13th in Blue states these days. Happy Halloween.
Hammer attacks in SF, follow homes and smash and grabs in LA, subway slashings in the City, juveniles running amok, out on bail. In CT the hope is that juveniles and the usual Bridgeport, Hartford, New Haven stuff stays the worst of it.
Lamont now belongs to the Ages in CT and to the victor go the spoils. Blue Pride in CT will be stronger than ever led by it's most iconic Gov in history.

Old 10-30-2022, 04:20 PM

21,660 posts, read 31,301,140 times
Quote:

Anyone these days who doesn’t view the Democratic Party as soft on crime isn’t paying attention, and Connecticut is no exception.

Old 10-30-2022, 07:31 PM

154 posts, read 79,596 times
Lamont is such a weak and unassuming person. He has no hope of being a credible leader. The legislature will ignore his thoughts and continue to ruin our state. The core problem in Connecticut is the major power and control of one party, the Democrats. Crime is a big issue in the inner city, not Glastonbury or Fairfield I guess. Police are being looked down upon by Democrats and manner of their supporters. Only after 2 local cops are murdered in our state do you see any Democrat politician offering support. The moral in law enforcement is at all time lows. Crimes are not being stopped due to red tape and redefining what a crime actual is. Democrats give these youthful offenders no consequences for their actions. The cities in our state are the problem, constant failed leadership and poor results have give us many violet criminals with lots of free time. No thought to go to school and learn or get a real job. Bob Stefanowski is the choice we have for change. Lamont and his liberal Democrat policies have to go. Connecticut was once and rich vibrant state. Now we have become a sanctuary state full of people looking for handouts. I don't listen to PLR, I like Sirius Xm Sat radio. Proud Independent voter who is sick of this warped / woke time in politics. I love having this forum to see many fake Republican & Demorats crying about life in Connecticut. Even with the constant observation and snarky comments from moderators I appreciate the debate. God Bless. Hope and Change in 2022 and 2024.

Old 10-30-2022, 07:49 PM

21,660 posts, read 31,301,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazbme99 View Post
lamont is such a weak and unassuming person. He has no hope of being a credible leader. The legislature will ignore his thoughts and continue to ruin our state. The core problem in connecticut is the major power and control of one party, the democrats. Crime is a big issue in the inner city, not glastonbury or fairfield i guess. Police are being looked down upon by democrats and manner of their supporters. Only after 2 local cops are murdered in our state do you see any democrat politician offering support. The moral in law enforcement is at all time lows. Crimes are not being stopped due to red tape and redefining what a crime actual is. Democrats give these youthful offenders no consequences for their actions. The cities in our state are the problem, constant failed leadership and poor results have give us many violet criminals with lots of free time. No thought to go to school and learn or get a real job. Bob stefanowski is the choice we have for change. Lamont and his liberal democrat policies have to go. Connecticut was once and rich vibrant state. Now we have become a sanctuary state full of people looking for handouts. I don't listen to plr, i like sirius xm sat radio. Proud independent voter who is sick of this warped / woke time in politics. I love having this forum to see many fake republican & demorats crying about life in connecticut. Even with the constant observation and snarky comments from moderators i appreciate the debate. God bless. Hope and change in 2022 and 2024.
+1.

Old 10-31-2022, 11:35 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,851,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazbme99 View Post
Lamont is such a weak and unassuming person. He has no hope of being a credible leader. The legislature will ignore his thoughts and continue to ruin our state. The core problem in Connecticut is the major power and control of one party, the Democrats. Crime is a big issue in the inner city, not Glastonbury or Fairfield I guess. Police are being looked down upon by Democrats and manner of their supporters. Only after 2 local cops are murdered in our state do you see any Democrat politician offering support. The moral in law enforcement is at all time lows. Crimes are not being stopped due to red tape and redefining what a crime actual is. Democrats give these youthful offenders no consequences for their actions. The cities in our state are the problem, constant failed leadership and poor results have give us many violet criminals with lots of free time. No thought to go to school and learn or get a real job. Bob Stefanowski is the choice we have for change. Lamont and his liberal Democrat policies have to go. Connecticut was once and rich vibrant state. Now we have become a sanctuary state full of people looking for handouts. I don't listen to PLR, I like Sirius Xm Sat radio. Proud Independent voter who is sick of this warped / woke time in politics. I love having this forum to see many fake Republican & Demorats crying about life in Connecticut. Even with the constant observation and snarky comments from moderators I appreciate the debate. God Bless. Hope and Change in 2022 and 2024.

For the juvenile perps you need to ask yourself what were the Republicans doing in 2018 when Malloy closed long lane to help balance the state budget. Where were the Republicans when videos of abuse were exposed at long lane school ?

The answer is nothing and they will continue to do nothing forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut