Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2022, 01:28 PM

21,767 posts, read 31,463,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
For the juvenile perps you need to ask yourself what were the Republicans doing in 2018 when Malloy closed long lane to help balance the state budget. Where were the Republicans when videos of abuse were exposed at long lane school ?

The answer is nothing and they will continue to do nothing forever.
Solely because they don’t act the way liberal democrats expect them to doesn’t mean they do “nothing”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2022, 02:02 PM

7,953 posts, read 7,895,151 times
Regardless of how people feel about a given candidate on the left or the right the issue isn't so much who gets elected by WHY they do. Until you can change the minds of those then that person can be there until the end of time. If someone serves their district or state and they keep getting elected it's going to be hard to change that mindset. More importantly if it's outsiders trying to get people to vote a certain way. Now sometimes there can be other issues. I remember when Frankin was elected and they acted as if it had to be THE senator to break a tie. This is how things can get ugly. We have infighting now and then just look at tolls in CT. It isn't that much of an issue if you have public transit in say FFC but you get your head ripped off in quiet corner for bringing it up.

Old 10-31-2022, 02:20 PM

771 posts, read 567,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazbme99 View Post
Lamont is such a weak and unassuming person. He has no hope of being a credible leader.
Yes, we know how Republicans prefer strongmen like Trump and Putin. The kinds of people who laugh at an assassination attempt on the Speaker of the House that puts her 82 year old husband in the hospital.

So, what makes Lamont a girly-man in your estimation?

Old 10-31-2022, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMilford View Post
Yes, we know how Republicans prefer strongmen like Trump and Putin. The kinds of people who laugh at an assassination attempt on the Speaker of the House that puts her 82 year old husband in the hospital.

So, what makes Lamont a girly-man in your estimation?
Why would you associate weak with girly?

Old 10-31-2022, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Why would you associate weak with girly?
I'm sure you get the Saturday Night Live Reference. You're mistaking me for the "Woke" left. I don't walk on eggshells to please six people with a Twitter account.

Maybe you can explain why Lamont is being characterized as "weak and unassuming?"

Or why such "strong" people are laughing at an assault on an 82 year old man?

Old 10-31-2022, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMilford View Post
I'm sure you get the Saturday Night Live Reference. You're mistaking me for the "Woke" left. I don't walk on eggshells to please six people with a Twitter account.

Maybe you can explain why Lamont is being characterized as "weak and unassuming?"

Or why such "strong" people are laughing at an assault on an 82 year old man?
I wasn’t the one who said Lamont was “weak”, so I can’t accurately explain what that poster’s stance is. I do think Lamont is dedicated to pleasing the powerful politicians in his party with far left ideologies. Maybe loyal is a better word than weak.

But I do think automatically connecting, SNL reference or not, women with “weak” is pretty outrageous.

Old 10-31-2022, 03:55 PM

Quote:
But I do think automatically connecting, SNL reference or not, women with “weak” is pretty outrageous.
That's pretty ironic considering what is said on this forum on a daily basis, but, I'm not surprised the irony escaped you.

See: Satire

Old 10-31-2022, 04:41 PM

34,277 posts, read 17,358,293 times
Quote:
I wasn’t the one who said Lamont was “weak”, so I can’t accurately explain what that poster’s stance is. I do think Lamont is dedicated to pleasing the powerful politicians in his party with far left ideologies. Maybe loyal is a better word than weak.

He is the puppet of the State legislature. He lacks guts, is a follower, not a leader, which is why he followed his idol, Andy Cuomo, off the covid cliff.

Old 10-31-2022, 05:26 PM

35,274 posts, read 57,463,274 times
Please stop the bickering and off topic discussion. JayCT, Moderator

Old 11-01-2022, 05:57 AM

7,953 posts, read 7,895,151 times
CT like its neighbors doesn't have that much of extreme views on the left or right. This past election is pretty boring so when there's commercials they try to eggs us on. Now to be fair no one has said really anything about Robert Hotaling. He might get 5%. I haven't seen a single commercial or news segment on him. It's odd
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut