Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2014, 02:36 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,774,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteakGuy View Post
And if he were a strong voiced, muscular, up from the working class to the big time, friendly kind of big guy who probably had a - inch "pecker"?................Rugged features, genial open and warm grin, heavy stubble on face, hair like steel wool? The kinda guy you just want to identify with when listening to him?............Maybe an athlete. Maybe a blue collar multi millionaire businessman. Maybe a politician. Maybe a lawyer.

Then what does your gut tell you?

A few of those guys molested people too.

Looks, outward physical genetic structure have nothing to do with guilt or innocence.
Your rebuttal is based entirely on assumption of nothing I said. His personal characteristics I listed, I did not list as a reason why my gut tells he diddled kids. That was separate. I find the man whimpy and annoying as anyone can be. But that is not why I think he did it. I do not think everyone who fits his M.O. is a child molester. A man does not have to be ANY of the things you listed to be considered someone with a backbone. Lots of "feminine" type men, have backbone and standup for themselves and garner respect. Woody boy is not one of them.

One thing I do know, is child diddlers will always do something in common. Set themselves up to be around children. And he certainly did that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 02:54 PM

181 posts, read 218,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
In my eyes, not the laws, he molested 17 yr old Soon -yi - his lovers daughter. The fact that they are married now and that she crawls into bed with an old, sagging, ugly man every night does not change that fact.
That was 21 yr old and of age Soon-yi and that was a consensual relationship.

For all those who dislike Woody Allen's looks and use his appearance against him, would you be more likely to believe him if he were handsome, tall, rugged?

Would you be more likely to accuse Mia Farrow of lying were Woody Allen to be physically attractive to you and Mia Farrow to be old, sagging, ugly, high pitched shrill voice, of weird and strange ways?

I have no idea who is guilty and who is innocent and I guess we'll never know the truth.............

But looks have nothing to do with it.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Your rebuttal is based entirely on assumption of nothing I said. His personal characteristics I listed, I did not list as a reason why my gut tells he diddled kids. That was separate. I find the man whimpy and annoying as anyone can be. But that is not why I think he did it. I do not think everyone who fits his M.O. is a child molester. A man does not have to be ANY of the things you listed to be considered someone with a backbone. Lots of "feminine" type men, have backbone and standup for themselves and garner respect. Woody boy is not one of them.

One thing I do know, is child diddlers will always do something in common. Set themselves up to be around children. And he certainly did that.
Lots of people are around children so that proves nothing except that Mia Farrow was his girlfriend and Mia Farrow adopted a lot of children.

Why did you list Woody Allen's personal characteristics if you knew them to be irrelevant?

Old 02-14-2014, 03:02 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,225,333 times
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They should have locked him up years ago!

Old 02-14-2014, 05:25 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,826,650 times
No, he's just a weirdo.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:05 PM

2,280 posts, read 4,514,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteakGuy View Post
That was 21 yr old and of age Soon-yi and that was a consensual relationship.

For all those who dislike Woody Allen's looks and use his appearance against him, would you be more likely to believe him if he were handsome, tall, rugged?

Would you be more likely to accuse Mia Farrow of lying were Woody Allen to be physically attractive to you and Mia Farrow to be old, sagging, ugly, high pitched shrill voice, of weird and strange ways?

I have no idea who is guilty and who is innocent and I guess we'll never know the truth.............

But looks have nothing to do with it.

I don't feel that Woody looks creepy because he has a nerdy, skinny, non-virile look. I think he looks creepy because of the funny expression on his face which reminds me of men who mess with minors. That's what I mean. I have seen big men who mess with kids - Sandusky, the coach, is one - who have that same "look". And I have seen pedophile priests who look like that, etc. They all have this same "look", I feel, or, maybe more realistically MOST do!!

Old 02-14-2014, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
I don't feel that Woody looks creepy because he has a nerdy, skinny, non-virile look. I think he looks creepy because of the funny expression on his face which reminds me of men who mess with minors. That's what I mean. I have seen big men who mess with kids - Sandusky, the coach, is one - who have that same "look". And I have seen pedophile priests who look like that, etc. They all have this same "look", I feel, or, maybe more realistically MOST do!!
I've seen the look or expression. I noticed it on Sandusky and on Woody Allen. Some call it a "ratty" expression or look. I think that the 'look" you mention is caused by bone structure, faulty eyesight, aging and nothing else. I've seen that look on people who as far as I know definitely DON'T mess with kids, I've also seen that look on plain looking women and those are women who are not the type to mess with kids (as far as I know)......This look seems to be more prevalent in Polish or Russian (Catholic, Christian as well as Jewish) groups and IMO its caused by the individual's bone structure, maybe poor eyesight and aging although I know a white Puerto Rican woman who also has this expression.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
Looking at it more closely............This look is caused by a long, drooping nose, hollow cheeks as well as other bone structure. Joe Namath had that look (he was a popular ladies man who "messed" with girls his age), other prominent people have that look, Howard Cosell possibly had that look (another Manhattan snob and weirdo but a clean living man)...............but as far as I know it means nothing but I respect your thoughts.

Last edited by SteakGuy; 02-14-2014 at 10:54 PM..

Old 02-14-2014, 11:41 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,501,943 times
Let me ask you something - a lot will say it has nothing to do with what we are debating but - are there any men on here with 17 yr old daughters. If so, what would you do if a creepy 50 yr old man came sniffing around your daughter? I hope you would beat his ass like I would.

Old 02-15-2014, 03:43 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Being attracted to a 17 year old does not equal pedophilia.

A 17 year old is a woman.....not a child, legalities aside.

BIG difference between a 17 year old and a 7 year old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events