Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 12:34 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Why would some one on watch,take pills to make them sleep?
He wasn't "on watch". He was "Off-duty" and on his way to the grocery store. And, what about the weed that was in TM system from that night? Why would an underage little helpless child be smoking God's plant's on a school night? Plus why would this little future Physics student purchased two of the three ingredients to make a, very popular amongst the "teenage crowd", drink called Leen/Lean/Sizzurp?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 12:40 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,222,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Well, here is what I did. I did a CD search using "Zimmerman" to find the thread with the most posts.

It was this thread - //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...zimmerman.html - which was 133 pages long with 1,320 posts.

Martin was only referred to as a "hero" one single time on page 47. There were tons of posts saying he wasn't a "hero", pages 9. 24. 46, 48, etc. but only a single occasion where someone said he was a "hero".

I'm guessing I could find more posts on CD where people say they've seen UFO's.

There are a ton of posts agreeing with Zimmerman's actions that night; however, there is a big difference between saying that the actions by a person are correct and calling that person a hero or someone to hold in high regard.

My guess is that when you read posts stating that his actions were either correct or not against the law, you view them through your emotional glasses and believe those posts are supportive of the person and not the event. There is a big difference.
Just an FYI-Pages can be configured to show different numbers of posts. I think the default is 20, I've set mine to 40, and the highest number of posts per page can be set to 100, IIRC. So when you tell someone to look on page XZ, they may not be seeing the same posts per page as you do. It's better to tell them to look for the specific post number, which can be seen in the upper right corner of each post.

Hope that helps.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:10 PM
PJA PJA started this thread

2,462 posts, read 3,175,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
He wasn't "on watch". He was "Off-duty" and on his way to the grocery store. And, what about the weed that was in TM system from that night? Why would an underage little helpless child be smoking God's plant's on a school night? Plus why would this little future Physics student purchased two of the three ingredients to make a, very popular amongst the "teenage crowd", drink called Leen/Lean/Sizzurp?
And this justifies him being killed? What gave Zimmerman the right to follow and ultimately kill him because he had TCH in his system....and how did Zimmeman know he had it in his system??? Can Zimmerman look at folks and tell??? Or was he stereotyping???

Old 02-11-2014, 10:48 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,542,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
When I take sleeping pills the last place I want to go is the grocery store
The pills Zimmerman was on have been known to make people hallucinate and agitated.
To this day I suspect thats why TM got the upper hand in the fight.
I hope DMX gets off drugs

Old 02-12-2014, 12:13 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,492,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliblu View Post
So killing a 17 year old while he's on his way home from the store makes him a celebrity? Sick.
No it's the general population (you and me) who makes him a celebrity.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:36 AM

1,189 posts, read 2,553,781 times
The fight has been canceled. Again, the entire thing is an insult to the parents who buried their teenage son. DMX is truly a lost soul for even agreeing to this. Even with all of his personal issues, I didn't think even he could be this low.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:10 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,605,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
And this justifies him being killed? What gave Zimmerman the right to follow and ultimately kill him because he had TCH in his system....and how did Zimmeman know he had it in his system??? Can Zimmerman look at folks and tell??? Or was he stereotyping???
The FACT that this little community was infected with crime gives Zimmerman the right to watch where a stranger acting suspiciously goes while waiting for police to arrive.

Every piece of evidence and testimony supports the story that Zimmerman called 911, watched to see where Martin went while waiting for police and then was attacked by Martin.

The only illegal activity that seems to be present was Martin assaulting Zimmerman after Martin did NOT call police or go home.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:44 PM
PJA PJA started this thread

2,462 posts, read 3,175,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The FACT that this little community was infected with crime gives Zimmerman the right to watch where a stranger acting suspiciously goes while waiting for police to arrive.

Every piece of evidence and testimony supports the story that Zimmerman called 911, watched to see where Martin went while waiting for police and then was attacked by Martin.

The only illegal activity that seems to be present was Martin assaulting Zimmerman after Martin did NOT call police or go home.
The evidence didn't support Zimmerman. The jurors acquitted because of reasonable doubt....there wasn't enough evidence to support either theory. BUT we do know that Zimmerman admitted to following Trayvonn which he should not have done. Who is he to profile someone?? This person who has had a run in with the law himself years before this happened and a couple of times since then? Who is he to pass judgement on Trayvonn and label him a criminal? He needs to look in the mirror.

Old 02-13-2014, 02:18 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,605,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
The evidence didn't support Zimmerman. The jurors acquitted because of reasonable doubt....there wasn't enough evidence to support either theory. BUT we do know that Zimmerman admitted to following Trayvonn which he should not have done. Who is he to profile someone?? This person who has had a run in with the law himself years before this happened and a couple of times since then? Who is he to pass judgement on Trayvonn and label him a criminal? He needs to look in the mirror.
How can you be so wrong; the evidence does support Zimmerman's story.

Let's start with the fact that Zimmerman was the only one with defensive wounds (other than the single gunshot) and Martin was the only one with offensive wounds (bruised knuckles).

That is EVIDENCE that supports Zimmerman's story. If you don't think it is, please explain that.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:51 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,134 times
What was GZ's reply when detectives told him they had video evidence of the entire altercation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events