Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 09:15 AM

10,022 posts, read 8,655,225 times

Advertisements

Why are they called Happy Meals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 09:23 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,020,449 times
I would not count on the McD Employee Not having a gun.

Waffle House Cook Shoots Customer to Death

Old 06-28-2014, 09:40 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,743,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
I would not count on the McD Employee Not having a gun.

Waffle House Cook Shoots Customer to Death
Wow, I guess everyone is literally packing heat these days and not afraid to open fire. The cook in that link was charged with murder, good.

I would say this is on the minds of most people these days, the sense of 'community' has all but been lost these days.

I'm starting to wonder if these guns are starting to effect our prison systems? Are gun related arrests and imprisonment related to increased prison numbers?

Old 06-28-2014, 09:40 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,328,490 times
The craziest thing is that that woman beat the customer because she was afraid to lose her job. As if attacking her was going to help her keep the job! Some people need to think.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:47 AM

14,962 posts, read 12,173,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The classic 'bystander effect.'

Yes, it's infuriating, and yes, I'm sure many of us like to think that we would have done something far more 'heroic,' like going in for a kung fu arse whupping Chuck Norris style.

But despite what we claim, we truly don't know how we will act in any given moment, for any given situation.

What if it were a situation where a guy 6 foot 6 and 300 pounds of pure muscle was doing similar to a woman? Or a pack of criminals? Probably not so brave then.

Sense of shock at what's happening, event not even registering until it's over, things of that sort.

Just saying, at least I'd admit that I never know how I would act for sure in different scenarios. If that makes me cowardly so be it.
What I KNOW is that I'd not be standing by such a scene taking pictures of it for my own entertainment.

I can't think I would not do what I could to stop it.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:47 AM

374 posts, read 492,609 times
I simply want to know why is she not charged with a hate crime?

Old 06-28-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
Insanity! The attacker said "you almost lost me, my job." Did they fire that nut? Did the victim call the
police? This employee has some explaining to do at the police station and the attorneys. Let's see
how tough she'll be then.
So she finished off her own job by attacking the customer.....

Old 06-28-2014, 09:49 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,020,449 times
Also I can't see any McD Asst Manager firing someone for not giving a happy meal toy.

Back in the Dark ages, 70's we were told if someone wanted a toy just give it to them. They are not a inventoried item.

Fast Forward, 2 weeks ago. My son works @ McD Same thing, If someone ask for a HappyMeal toy, just give them one.

Maybe there was not one in the bag, maybe it broke, maybe they lost it, or it went into garbage can by accident. Or was the blue one, and the kid wanted the Red one, or there is more then 1 kid...

Old 06-28-2014, 09:49 AM

513 posts, read 800,024 times
I'm not saying that anyone should have necessarily jumped in. But come on! Call 911! You have your phones out already! Wtf. It's disgusting that they couldn't even be bothered to do that. Especially after she threatens to beat up the little boy too.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Cat View Post
That clip of the beating is world-wide now. I'm guessing Miss Crazy did not clock out before she chased that poor woman down. The woman who got beat up still doesn't have full vision in one of her eyes.

I smell a lawsuit in that McD's future. I don't normally feel bad for McDonald's when they get called out for something, but this store is a franchise. Hope the owner doesn't lose his shirt over this...

And seriously, did Latia have to spit on her???? WTF
I'd think so, and it would be well justified, especially if the victim was injured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events