Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 10:00 AM

8,306 posts, read 8,717,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I'd think so, and it would be well justified, especially if the victim was injured.

So if you hire a kid to cut your grass, the neighbor says something he doesn't like and the kid hits him, should you be sued?

You sue the attacker, not the employer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 10:08 AM

820 posts, read 1,211,947 times
This happened right next to my town, its sad to see stuff like this, but this is real modern day America.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:13 AM

1,677 posts, read 2,493,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelWingDesigns View Post
I simply want to know why is she not charged with a hate crime?
I knew this was coming.

It's really pretty simple...because there is no evidence that the attack was motivated by race.

Just because a crime involves a black and a white person, that does not automatically mean that it was racially motivated. Much to the disappointment of some who want to make EVERYTHING a racial issue.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:21 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,766,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdemak View Post
This happened right next to my town, its sad to see stuff like this, but this is real modern day America.
Makes me wonder, is the stupidity of American's increasing or is violence increasingly becoming a more acceptable approach to handle things?

Old 06-28-2014, 10:23 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,429,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Makes me wonder, is the stupidity of American's increasing or is violence increasingly becoming a more acceptable approach to handle things?
Or, do we just hear about things more???

Old 06-28-2014, 10:31 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,766,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Or, do we just hear about things more???
Violent crime rises for second consecutive year

Old 06-28-2014, 10:35 AM

820 posts, read 1,211,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Well Salem, Nj has always been a **** hole. Crime ridden mostly vermin live there. Its sad, my grand mom said the town used to be nice and a safe place to live. Regardless of the fact there are no jobs or anyway to make a living in that area, this is just a normal day in Salem.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:56 AM

374 posts, read 494,307 times
Moderator cut: off topic

On the topic: This is so sad, and horrifying to see this hatred, anger and beating ( the attacker seemed to have) not only directed at this woman but her child. Very sad day indeed. Heart breaking for the child. I hope the Mom can heal not only physically but mentally from this. Many people in society now have to learn how to control their anger. I couldn't have stood by and filmed or watched this without trying to get help or do something. I hope the attacker will be held accountable and get counseling or whatever is needed.

Last edited by Marka; 06-29-2014 at 03:45 AM..

Old 06-28-2014, 11:53 AM

624 posts, read 765,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
I knew this was coming.

It's really pretty simple...because there is no evidence that the attack was motivated by race.

Just because a crime involves a black and a white person, that does not automatically mean that it was racially motivated. Much to the disappointment of some who want to make EVERYTHING a racial issue.
The woman who was assaulted is Latina, not that it matters.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:59 AM

624 posts, read 765,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelWingDesigns View Post

On the topic: This is so sad, and horrifying to see this hatred, anger and beating ( the attacker seemed to have) not only directed at this woman but her child. Very sad day indeed. Heart breaking for the child. I hope the Mom can heal not only physically but mentally from this. Many people in society now have to learn how to control their anger. I couldn't have stood by and filmed or watched this without trying to get help or do something. I hope the attacker will be held accountable and get counseling or whatever is needed.
Beat like that in front of her child over NOTHING. The woman who got beat up told the manager her Happy Meal didn't have a toy. On what planet is that alone a firing offense? It happens all the time.

My guess is Latia has several different kinds of crazy going on, and working at McD's was getting to her, with all the pressure to perform well these jobs have. <sarcasm>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events