Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 10:48 PM

79,075 posts, read 61,224,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
With all their cheering it sounds like they were friends of the attacker.
Nah, they were more like "damn!" Just watching a brutal beating.

If they were friends, in that neighborhood they'd either been joining in or pulling her off and trying to talk sense to her knowing she's headed to prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 09:19 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,872,294 times
The manager could've privately talked to her about it, but that still doesn't mean she should go outside and kick her ass for it.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:28 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,872,294 times
Okay I found the video. It just breaks my heart, that poor little boy not knowing what's going on and trying to help his mother. He could've been hurt! What is wrong with people?

Old 06-30-2014, 10:04 AM

19,930 posts, read 12,226,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Okay I found the video. It just breaks my heart, that poor little boy not knowing what's going on and trying to help his mother. He could've been hurt! What is wrong with people?
The little boy is the only reason I cared about this attack. His mom is probably his whole world and he had to see her getting attacked like that in front of him. He did all he could to protect her and that vile woman was threatening to kick the little boy.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:30 AM

14,373 posts, read 18,461,400 times
We have a bystander culture. It's much easier to film something than it is to take action. For some people, filming stuff is a knee jerk reaction these days.

You stand there and you watch and you think that the attacker is going to stop soon. Because who randomly attacks someone out of the blue like that and keeps it up? It's surreal. Also, you look at the other factors involved - I'd be scared to intervene myself because of the proximity of the kid.

For an effective intervention, multiple bystanders would have had to coordinate to 1) remove the child from harm's way and 2) restrain the woman. I'd say 3 people would be needed at least (one to grab the kid and two to safely restrain the attacker). Most groups of random individuals aren't that organized, and this looked like a bunch of kids and teenagers.

In my late teens, early 20s, I once saw a guy attack a teenaged skateboarder on the boardwalk because the kid had bumped into his girlfriend. I saw the attack unfold right in front of me and it took me a while to process what was going on. It was just so unreal. There were TONS of people around me - families, adults, etc. - and it took a pair of construction workers running over from a nearby work site to actually intervene.

I've stepped forward in similar situations since then, but that first time is a doozy.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:28 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,516,900 times
Plain crazy and DUMB B. She thinks she almost lost her job because customer complained that she forgot to give a small piece but at the same time she beats customer like a plain fuc$%&^ crazy and she thinks score is settled and her job is safe and secure!!!

Old 06-30-2014, 11:30 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,033,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
The little boy is the only reason I cared about this attack. His mom is probably his whole world and he had to see her getting attacked like that in front of him. He did all he could to protect her and that vile woman was threatening to kick the little boy.

The perp deserves to get a beatdown of her own for that!

Old 06-30-2014, 11:50 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,194,241 times
I can't say exactly how I would have behaved in this scenario, but I've jumped into a fray for less.

Some jerk convenience store clerk took a car antennae and attempted to hit a kid who had mouthed off to him. I stopped him by jumping in front of the kid and saying "Go ahead and hit me, you POS." In this country we call the cops when a customer is a problem.

That same clerk was later arrested for killing a kid with a baseball bat.

The people who witnessed this and did nothing to protect that child ARE despicable. Calling the cops, while yanking the child out of harm's way would be too much trouble? Wow.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:50 AM

19,930 posts, read 12,226,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
The perp deserves to get a beatdown of her own for that!
The perp is a mom herself. She has 2 children, so much for motherly instinct!

Old 06-30-2014, 12:46 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,468,690 times
Love those $15 an hour employees. They so deserve a "living wage".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events