Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 11:35 AM

371 posts, read 455,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I wonder if Spike Lee will tweet the attacker's home address out?

Its comical how there's a large segment of society that ridicules the plight and discomforts of a race and its member's attempts to provide justice for its own people. You see Trayvon Martin referencing comments like these along with others like "If Obama had a *insert family member* he/she would look like *insert black criminal*."

While I don't agree that Spike Lee should've promoted vigilantism, constantly bringing up Trayvon Martin which was an accidental symbolic event, evoking the miscarriage of justice against blacks in this country, proves there wont ever be a post-racial America. Oh look at me, I'm such a bitter white person that whenever a crime is committed by a black person, I'll just ignore historical variables like redlining, socio-economic discrimination, and cultural depression which led to the warped, misguided race of 'Black Americans', and mock their prominent figures whenever a black person commits a crime.

White people have it so bad in the United States, the most discriminated race in the history of the homo sapiens. That is, again, pretending like race exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapmd View Post
Media will probably find a way to blame White people for this.
(you might not like this comment, but it's true, Latia will be elevated and portrayed as a victim of society. It ain't be her fault.)
Right, lets not look at things from the obvious, most sensible view point as to what variables led some criminal to commit an action like this, lets just pretend like everyone's actions are independent, and that it's a merely a coincidence that the majority of crimes are committed by a particular race that only accounts for 13% of the population and biologically is not considerably different than literally every other socially-invented racial group in the country, nor are they special.

It must be fun to live in a world where you don't have to think about things, you just make judgments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 01:03 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,997,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Cat View Post
The woman who was assaulted speaks out, here are a few of the things she said about the incident

Ms Ferreira explained to NJ.com that she used to work at the same Salem McDonald’s as Harris.
Two or three weeks ago, she stopped by the eatery to chat with some of her former colleagues, and at one point Ferreira made an off-hand remark about Latia Harris' alleged romantic relationship with her supervisor.
According to Ferreira, the 25-year-old overheard her comment and became upset. In the weeks that followed, Harris kept calling her and saying that she could get fired over the bit of gossip.

and this was the clincher for me

Speaking of her attacker, who is currently being sought by police on assault charges, Ferreira broke down in tears, saying she felt sorry for her because the woman has two children.

Wow, she can actually feel bad for the woman who assaulted her. I feel bad for that woman's kids as well. I assume they are on the run with their crazy mother

Article and pics Mother Catherine Ferreira speaks out about vicious beating seen in viral video | Mail Online
Wow....seems like these two had a history. Was wondering why Harris kirked out over something as stupid as a dang Happy Meal toy. This makes more sense. Also looks like Ferreira is Hispanic, which doesn't change the facts that Latia Harris is a piece of crap that is hopefully going to prison. Not sure if McDonald's is liable, though. If Latia was fired before beating her down, and Ferreira no longer worked there, the fight was personal.

Don't know what's up with Black people beating folks up lately. This kind of stuff is going on all the time in my city, Baltimore as well. (Oh, and I am making this reference speaking as a person of color.) Really sent me over the edge when she spit on her! Nasty.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:08 PM

854 posts, read 1,485,653 times
And the keyboard warriors come out.

I hope the young woman and her son are OK and the woman who beat her gets much-needed psychological help.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:28 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,816,710 times
The manager needs to be fired as well, of that McDonalds. He/SHe has threatened this person is why she went off ( even though it was wrong)

Old 06-29-2014, 02:49 PM

591 posts, read 783,671 times
well the bystanders are not in the wrong. they don't have to help but gosh don't be a jackass and film it!

Old 06-29-2014, 03:12 PM

78,642 posts, read 60,823,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticDragonfly View Post
Its comical how there's a large segment of society that ridicules the plight and discomforts of a race and its member's attempts to provide justice for its own people. You see Trayvon Martin referencing comments like these along with others like "If Obama had a *insert family member* he/she would look like *insert black criminal*."

While I don't agree that Spike Lee should've promoted vigilantism, constantly bringing up Trayvon Martin which was an accidental symbolic event, evoking the miscarriage of justice against blacks in this country, proves there wont ever be a post-racial America. Oh look at me, I'm such a bitter white person that whenever a crime is committed by a black person, I'll just ignore historical variables like redlining, socio-economic discrimination, and cultural depression which led to the warped, misguided race of 'Black Americans', and mock their prominent figures whenever a black person commits a crime.

White people have it so bad in the United States, the most discriminated race in the history of the homo sapiens. That is, again, pretending like race exists.

Right, lets not look at things from the obvious, most sensible view point as to what variables led some criminal to commit an action like this, lets just pretend like everyone's actions are independent, and that it's a merely a coincidence that the majority of crimes are committed by a particular race that only accounts for 13% of the population and biologically is not considerably different than literally every other socially-invented racial group in the country, nor are they special.

It must be fun to live in a world where you don't have to think about things, you just make judgments.
Since most crime by blacks is committed against blacks.....I guess we should just do the right thing and ignore it? Not my problem, I better not condemn anyone....

Old 06-29-2014, 03:15 PM

78,642 posts, read 60,823,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicymeatball View Post
And the keyboard warriors come out.

I hope the young woman and her son are OK and the woman who beat her gets much-needed psychological help.
Initially, I would have said I'd have stayed out of it.

However, after watching the footage...as a father and husband...and I have a fighter in my personality....I would have stopped it. I'm no he-man, if it were a big monster roid guy I would have tried as well, just a hey, she's had enough type thing.

I couldn't have stood there and seen that, even if I were 80. Go ahead and beat my ass, just not how I'm wired.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:23 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,778,353 times
Why does everyone act so shocked? Have you not watched all the latest cultural video craze of these sort of beat downs? In America today we have sub cultures where this activity is praised, sought out and a way of life.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:34 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,679,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
It might be a big part of the reason why people didn't step in to stop the attack. Guns are everywhere. People who get involved can't be sure they know what's going on, or that they won't get shot for getting involved.
Yes, much safer to stand two feet away and film it on your cell phone.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:35 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,431,064 times
Yeah, the "ooooohhhhhs" in the background really made me sick.

But perhaps beatings like this are a common occurrence in their little world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events